welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Lime

Players without a team are not allowed to join AFC7 during a transfer window

Players without a team are not allowed to join AFC7 during a transfer window

As the title implies, players who do not have an AFC7 team are forbidden to enter any teams during a season, and I’d like to share my superficial thoughts with the community regarding the issue.

I’m lime from Color Gaming, a Hongkie based TF2 6s team and is currently participating in the AFC7 Division 2 this season, things were going smoothly until Moneky leaves for the US and I’d be leaving for United World College.

This roster problem greatly hinders the team’s development, the lack of players poses as a serious threat for the continuity of this Hongkie team, the rule that players who do not have an AFC7 team are forbidden to enter any teams during a season makes the issue far worse, for in the Asian TF2 6s scene, there aren't much Hong Kongers playing at a moderately high level, and the rule makes those who are playing at a high level but are not allowed to join ColorGaming due to these rules and regulations produces a debatable problem, whether the rule of not letting players join a team because they didn’t register for AFC7 should stand.

The establishment of AsiaFortress and the AsiaFortressCup (AFC) is intended to expand the Asian TF2 competitive scene, allowing more and more players to experience the thrills a 6s game can bring, and amaze pubbers with the ridiculous skill ceiling of our players.

But this very rule I’m suggesting is contradiction the main incentive of the AsiaFortressCup, the “restriction” on players joining the competition goes again the expansion of the scene. I understand that the AF admins aren't being paid a single penny and are doing their administration work out of passion and kindness, but why not let your kindness and your passion shine by doing a wee bit more work and removing this regulation, so that teams with roster issues may flair and prevail, isn't that what you hope for anyways?

To conclude, I believe that we should abolish the rule that players who do not have an AFC7 team are forbidden to enter any teams during a season, for it causes trouble for teams who are having roster issues and is constricting the growth of the Asian competitive scene.

What are your thoughts on the issue?

tl;dr: Abolish the rule:“players who do not have an AFC7 team are forbidden to enter any teams during a season”

• Like 1

Our team can relate to this as well. One of our member's computer has died and we are struggling to find a replacement. I'm not sure what the stance is regarding this rule but I don't see a reason why people without afc7 teams can't join other teams.

In all fairness, AFC7 and its administration did give ample time for teams to register and find suitable players to make up a roster which includes substitutes to cater for the exact situation you are bringing up now.

Shouldn't all players who register to play in AFC7 be fully aware of the rules and regulations and ensure they are available to participate during the season?

I'm unsure of the rationale of the implementation of the rule

:“players who do not have an AFC7 team are forbidden to enter any teams during a season”

However I'm sure the administration has a good reason for doing so.

Most teams are divided into their divisions based on the team members at first registration.

Admins need to know these players and their skill level before making informed decisions in division sorting.

Thus, there are players whom are approved or not approved during these transfer windows because there is a system of sorting(AF Rating Thread?) in place.

While AFC7 is clearly aimed at expanding the Asian tf2 community, I'm sure the above quoted rule has no contradiction with promoting a more vibrant and involved community.

The rule basically restricts inflow of new players during transfer windows, AFTER registration has closed.

All those who were interested in joining the Asian TF2 community WOULD have and SHOULD have joined DURING the registration period.

If new players can simply join teams during transfer windows, then what is the point of having a registration period in the first place?

Anyone can join any team at any given transfer window.

This may very well be the floodgate that the rule is keeping closed.

Thus, instead of insinuating certain "contradictions" that reside within rules and regulations that have been existing during the past 7 seasons or so, I suggest asking for leniency based on extraordinary circumstances such as "computer exploded can no longer play", or "player leaving country for studies".

That being said, if you already know you are leaving on a jet plane, why sign up for a commitment you cannot fulfil in the first place? Shouldn't substitutes be included in the registered roster to cater for such contingencies?

All in all, I hope you guys sort out these issues and remain in the competition.

Our admins are not heartless!

Appeal to their sympathetic side and avoid attacking the integrity of rules and regulations.

Lastly, saying please helps.

After all, it is extra work for them to find out who this new guy is, whether he has a hacking history, whether he is a smurf, whether he is div1 but applying for div2, discuss, decide, all after the registration has supposedly closed and their job regarding player and team sorting has already been done.

admins plz.

• Like 5

For CRG :

I think you should enlighten us on your team's current situation and with whatever that happened during registration.

Does Moneky not know that he is flying off and that you do not know if you are enrolled into college yet or...? And if you guys knew about such arrangements, why was there registration without sufficient substitutes

------

For Clam

Did you ask the admins if its possible to get a new member in

What Azazel said. The admins can't be expected to do background checks on every player that enters the tournament after registration because someone lacked foresight or simply didn't pad their roster enough.

When a huge 12-person roster registers there's a very high chance at least one of the admins has seen or heard of scrim results with at least 6-8 from that roster, which makes deciding a division much simpler. On the other hand, when you sign up with 6 and then theoretically add another 4-6, not only do the admins have to figure out whether the players would otherwise increase the overall team division, but they also have to do ridiculous amounts of background checks because of all the stupidity caused by people in past tournaments.

So at most, moving the "Allows non-registered player" clause to the 2nd window might be considered. Of course, that's next season.

It would have been nice if the rules did state that the 2nd transfer window will not allow non registered players to join. Correct me if I'm wrong on this though... Maybe some teams just didnt expect it and thought the transfer window was a backup if roster problems occur.

Although it should be noted that while the rules did state "while we appreciate the need for addition of new players.... based on legitimacy", it still indicates nothing about the total prohibition (is there even such a word?) of non registered players.

while we knew moneky is leaving to usa

lime's school transfer happened after the registration

even though we have other subs in our roster

most of them are either quitting or leaving to other countries

another point i'd like to put up is teammates that are leaving never tell me the truth

they, i mean moneky, told me multiple times that he would play for us even he's in the states

it's my fault for falling for such an obvious lie, but him being dishonest is also what i would like to blame

this is pretty much what color gaming is in now

it is same with Esea rule. Any player without team join during esea take place they can not play.

ESEA does not have the transfer window system, you can transfer players whenever you want

while in afl you'll have to wait for few weeks to transfer a player just to know that they got rejected and find a new substitute within a limited time and limited number of transfer window

i'd say it's a different thing

edit: ok i'm wrong about the transfer rules, they do have a specific rule regarding to transferring players. but it is far more different from afl's rules so i'd still say it's different

i love the term Hongkie, reminds me of honry, as well as hunky/honky(?)

i feel more white being called a Hongkie

I apologise if there has been any inconveniences made, especially regarding the vagueness of the ruleset. As it is too late now to revamp the ruleset entirely, we will only be making changes to certain rules. However, for future leagues, a more detailed ruleset will be crafted to ensure that every detail is looked over.

Regarding player transfers, the administrators are currently working on this matter as to provide a smooth competition experience for all.

Im sure you can ask the admins for leniency on this matter now that the situation is much clearer. Tell moneky go us find hot gf back plz

Im sure you can ask the admins for leniency on this matter now that the situation is much clearer. Tell moneky go us find hot gf back plz

*gfS for everyone

YAY

i'm a guy blurr, why do u think im a girl. offended

I'm blurr, the guy who drops my pocket, name, while I have uber, and misclick twice wasting the ubers.

I think I should be entitled to rights stating that it is ok for me to associate people with colours as names to be female, people like Cyan (Guy), Lime (Guy), Teal (Guy), some other guy (IDK).

Sign in to follow this