This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Pickled_Orange

Issues connecting to the Starhub servers?

Hi, I'm kind of a new guy around.

Orange from Derp crew here, I've been having problems connecting to the e-club match servers these few days. I've tried most things, like opening ports, restarting the router, etc. I've also gotten friends to join the servers and invite me over, but all I ever get is this "Server is not responding" error, and if trying to connect via console gives me this "disconnected after 4 retries" message. Can anyone lend me a hand here? It's kind of urgent, since my team's matches are up tomorrow.

Sorry if I sound kind of rude, I'm getting a bit desperate here.

it could be the map is loading :/ this happens often. especially if you are connecting to the server while it is loading the next map. if not.. i have no idea.

Well, here's another paste from recently.

I've called Singtel to reset my net almost 3 times already, I stopped because the whole family was sick of having to change the password for our net on their devices.

] connect 203.116.80.197:2701

Connecting to 203.116.80.197:2701...

Retrying 203.116.80.197:2701...

] connect 203.116.80.197:27018

Connecting to 203.116.80.197:27018...

Retrying 203.116.80.197:27018...

Connection failed after 4 retries

Tried that, not working.

I reset the router again, disabled the router firewall and even opened the ports up again.

Got this after trying Ding's suggestion out:

] connect 203.116.80.197:27018; password eclubmatch

Network: IP 192.168.1.122, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL

Connecting to 203.116.80.197:27018...

Connection failed after 4 retries.

this is extremely strange... wish we cld help. but have u tried logging in with ur acc on other coms. if not try to just bypass ur router completely

Yeah, other computers in my house still face the same issue.

The issue seems to be with my net somehow, other places I can actually connect to the Pugging servers.

I've already sent a ticket to e-club, no reply yet.

if its your net. then how can e-club do anything about it?

If you house computers are all connecting through a router, i suggest connecting directly to the main modem and give it a go. If that works, then ur router is the prob, (obviously) but if that doesnt work, then maybe your modem settings are not right? cos i used to connect through both D-link router and a 2wire modem thingy. Its like 2 layers of shit. So i had to do stuff to both layers, and i think that MAY be ur problem.

i think he said he resolved those issues already. but you must portforward and switch off firewall for all parts of ur net. ur modem and ur router.

so i sorta take that u didnt set ur modem properly. Um what brand is your modem? you can always access your modem even if you are connected through your router. Just gotta find the right IP.

^^ applies for almost every case

its the default ip address for almost every router' date=' unless yours is from russia

[/quote']

nope

my router is 192.168.1.1

linksys bro

um wats ur settings exactly? i am not sure if you can actually disable modem firewall. unless u r using the DMZ or smthing. Which steam does not support. However, i don't think all these will help you. since u said you already forwarded all the ports and stuff. so its really strange. only solution i have is play in other servers.

Sign in to follow this