This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Otuzi

Lower level pug?

keep the suggestions and feedback coming guys, we'll listen :)

as it stands, i think the most logical rule is to ban players who are able to steamroll games, to keep the games as stress-free as possible for newer players. all players are allowed to join the vet-level PUG anytime they want, but newbies are advised that they do so at risk of getting flamed, trolled, raged at, etc.

if and when this happens, we're counting on you pubbers (there are very few who frequent these forums unfortunately :() to help spread the word!

So I take it the AF Academy group is related to this?

I like it and all, and I've already got several pubber friends who talked to me about it, but the main irritant is that the name sounds condescending.

i like the Boot Competition idea. If its what i am thinking about. Its something like you organise a competition. A 6 v 6 one, for only new pubber teams. Team that are rather experienced shld be barred. It provides a good way of encouraging some people to start playing comp. (and they know they have a good shot at winning something this time.) And it encourages new teams to be formed too!

Fantastic idea ltoro

It will be different. Please keep in mind that we're independent from the management of the masters cup. I'll discuss with emir how it will be done.

okay, Boot Comp sounds like a good name for such an event. anyone got any ideas for the low-level server? Or are we all fine with Asiafortress Academy?

man. i trust people too much. i tried to go to spec as fast as i can, but it seems like everyone left in 1 second. so im stuck as med captain. then this one guy comes into my team and says:' hey if you dun wanna med, i'll do it for you.' so i accepted, because every game of pug i play im a med captain and i usually fail badly, even getting kicked once. so of course i dun wanna go through that again.. then, suddenly everyone is raging abt how i spoil games and hope i get perm banned. come on guys.. its not my fault, i didnt know that..

thanks deliaren:D

meh.. darkie theres not alot of people who are career medics even though medics get the highest scores(usually) when played well:/

every time i play medic i get no constructive criticisms D:, only person who ever gave me criticism was flare :D

and that was when i develop mental block to playing granary :S

If you really want some constructive criticism on playin medic, do let me know. Ive more or less have some experience playing as a main medic, albeit not that good IMO. Not free all the time so yup.

every time i play medic i get no constructive criticisms D:' date=' only person who ever gave me criticism was flare :D

[/quote']

just need to ask the correct people that plays medic.

(bran)

every time i play medic i get no constructive criticisms D:' date=' only person who ever gave me criticism was flare :D

[/quote']

just need to ask the correct people that plays medic.

(bran)

what up

Many times i played pug (8 actually) and i always see pubbers who want to play pug intimidated by big names like.. (some guys? :/) . and other pro players. my first game of pug' date=' i remember getting : 1.flamed about how noob i was, 2. waiting 3 games before i could play even though i +1-ed when everyone did. [but my seventh and eight games were enjoyable, kudos to people like herp and [b']xenon[/b] and catacylysmic who encouraged me even though i failed badly. i was thinking of the idea of a lower level pug, for pubbers to play yet not get dominated or flamed at by other pro-er people in real pugs. it will generally have the same rules as the normal pug, (same class limits and weapon bans). this could also be a start to introduce pubbers to the world of pug-ing. many-a-people dont play pug as they dont have the confidence, or scared they get flamed at by other users. So.. could this be a good idea? :)

:soldier:Ötzi™

Not Rare You Sir Are Very Welcome :D