This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
yuko

Discussion for Unlockables Disallowed in AFL4

Which weapon do you think should be banned in AFL4?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which weapon do you think should be banned in AFL4?

• Sandman
    • Crit A Cola
    • Natascha
    • Buff Banner (Discussable - 1 per team?)
    • Pain Train
    • Tribalman's Shiv
    • Wrangler
    • Frontier Justice
    • Gunslinger/Southern Hospitality
    • Gunboats

Vote for those items you don't want to see in AFL4.

Discuss if necessary

To all moderators/administrators,

Don't mess with the vote by voting for one option 999999999 times (i.e. abuse). This is a really important poll.

Natascha is rather OP at the moment. I mean it can be argued that you can still take down a heavy with natascha no problem, but it really makes scouts quite useless against heavies. north americans agree :D

i don't really think the Sandman poses a huge problem actually but whatever many people disagree so I won't put my own personal opinion into such a established thought.

I think Sandman, Wrangler and Crit-A-Cola shouldn't even be there in the vote. All of them aren't allowed anywhere else, no reason why we should allow it here...

Not allowed anywhere else doesn't mean not allow here.

Are you gonna blindly follow others footsteps? Why not create your own rules and regulations?

I agree with ding, Natascha is quite OP and unless they do a reconsideration of its stats it should be disallowed.

Wrangler is too OP as it eliminates spy's and makes the life of the demo quite hard when trying to spam the sentry gun down.

Don't Americans run two heavies hence the rage over the natachas? We're running 1 Heavy so a single Natascha is fine.

hmm sorry i am not so sure about that. but this can be a case in point i guess.

Not allowed anywhere else doesn't mean not allow here.

Are you gonna blindly follow others footsteps? Why not create your own rules and regulations?

Well, they are well-established rules. Plus, these three weapons are fucking retarded. Imagine running a Wrangler mini sentry at mid. Six kills much? Sandman, well it stuns you... DOES THAT NEED ANYMORE BACKING UP!? Crit-a-cola is fine, but is OP imo.

I just checked ESEA rules. They allow 2 heavies. But I think the main point about the natascha is about granary and yukon last point. In which if properly used, it can be really quite difficult for a successful push.

Anyway, the sandman does not really stun you fully anymore. And a lot of balancing have made that weapon usable in the competitive scene to say the least (not effective, I don't know about that since its never been used).

Gunslinger with or without wrangler is ridiculous. Its able to shut down a flank completely unless the scouts get a roamer or demo to show up: and even then the engie can pop out of resup where hes been the past 5 minutes to pop up another minisg on the diagonal.

Run a few scrims using a gunslinger and you'd see what I mean.

Wrangler on the other hand causes other atrocious tactics like shooting the sg from balcony to choke- and a level 3 is a huge glutton for punishment with the shield up. Seems like a very easy way to defend against kritz running teams.

my 2c

wrangler and gunslinger should be banned.

i dont see a need to unban what was banned before. except buff banner. cause some people are whores for banning buff banners. ; ))))))))))))))))))000

Should the southern hospitality even be discussed? I mean its just like the sniper's blood kukuri and the only reason I can think of it being OP is it's added protection against potential spies. Sandman adds quite a bit of unfairness if u managed to land that max ball on like the medic, I dunno whether u can uber or not while 'stunned' but it's definitely a easy setup for a headshot/backstab when you move that slow. Natasha should still be allowed because the main complain about it was during the reign where 2 heavies were allowed for turtling, but after restricting to 1 heavy, I don't think it's as unfair as before. A good sniper can take a single heavy down with ease whereas if there was 2, constant pressure from both might render his aim off. Wrangler and gunslinger are both currently quite OP together, imagine a team turtling with a lvl 3 sentry on open maps like badlands, you may even have to uber solely for the sake of destroying the sentry. The mini sentry setup time is way too fast to be noticed and it provides very ample cover fire for teams to move forward. Scouts won't be able to get close for sure due to the increased shooting speed, with the shield on, the heavy classes have to deal quite significant damage to get it down, leaving themselves open and vulnerable to counterattacks for the sake of an engy. Crit-a-cola is still very OP now; a ninja flanking scout will be able to take the medic with one meatshot, although this can be prevented through careful guarding of the medic, let's face it, do you really want the games to become so centered around defending the medic against that one possible ninja scout who can 1 hit ko your medic without warning? Tf2 would become so much more turtlish. Buff banner is pretty a all or nothing item; nobody's gonna be scared of a penis in your hand which you can't blow, and I see more disadvantages for actual usage of the item, lack of secondary weapon and yet no reduction in jump damage for something which resets once you die. Players with that weapon will be forced into defensive spam playstyle naturally and this cripples the team to an extent, but at the same time, this weapon opens up to more team strategies and brilliant plays/comebacks which is something we definitely wanna see in the competitive scene instead of repetitive playstyles. Frontier justice is quite decently balanced as of now but one thing I think can be done about it is to change it to mini crit? (it's normal crit now right?) a full crit

May

Should the southern hospitality even be discussed? I mean its just like the sniper's blood kukuri and the only reason I can think of it being OP is it's added protection against potential spies. Sandman adds quite a bit of unfairness if u managed to land that max ball on like the medic' date=' I dunno whether u can uber or not while 'stunned' but it's definitely a easy setup for a headshot/backstab when you move that slow. Natasha should still be allowed because the main complain about it was during the reign where 2 heavies were allowed for turtling, but after restricting to 1 heavy, I don't think it's as unfair as before.[b'] A good sniper can take a single heavy down with ease[/b] whereas if there was 2, constant pressure from both might render his aim off. Wrangler and gunslinger are both currently quite OP together, imagine a team turtling with a lvl 3 sentry on open maps like badlands, you may even have to uber solely for the sake of destroying the sentry. The mini sentry setup time is way too fast to be noticed and it provides very ample cover fire for teams to move forward. Scouts won't be able to get close for sure due to the increased shooting speed, with the shield on, the heavy classes have to deal quite significant damage to get it down, leaving themselves open and vulnerable to counterattacks for the sake of an engy. Crit-a-cola is still very OP now; a ninja flanking scout will be able to take the medic with one meatshot, although this can be prevented through careful guarding of the medic, let's face it, do you really want the games to become so centered around defending the medic against that one possible ninja scout who can 1 hit ko your medic without warning? Tf2 would become so much more turtlish. Buff banner is pretty a all or nothing item; nobody's gonna be scared of a penis in your hand which you can't blow, and I see more disadvantages for actual usage of the item, lack of secondary weapon and yet no reduction in jump damage for something which resets once you die. Players with that weapon will be forced into defensive spam playstyle naturally and this cripples the team to an extent, but at the same time, this weapon opens up to more team strategies and brilliant plays/comebacks which is something we definitely wanna see in the competitive scene instead of repetitive playstyles. Frontier justice is quite decently balanced as of now but one thing I think can be done about it is to change it to mini crit? (it's normal crit now right?) a full crit

May

1) tl;dr ??

2) not if the sniper is being constantly shut down

what haruhi says is largely true.

crit a cola is debatable- no pistol is shit plus the scout is essentially turning on oneshotme mode as he takes crits as well

It's a one shot or nothing deal, and a pretty unfair deal if you ask me, a scout for a medic is quite unfair, especially if the opposing team does not get a chance to defend the medic, think of it as a faster backstab. But then again having the scout to sneak behind opposing lines means man down for one team, 5v6 essentially. And if you're gonna come give me this tl;dr shit, then i see no point in the discussion thread, you're just defeating the purpose of a discussion. And that coming from the head admin for afl4, I can see where this season is going. Think before you speak boy.

Hey dude relax man. He was just joking even though maybe this thread isn't the place for jokes, but really even spammah talks a lot of trash. Lets give brandon a chance man, putting him down like this isnt gonna help anything. mutual respect is key yo.

Anyway, to get back to the discussion at hand. I guess the choice really rest with the community. How many votes warrant a ban?

I don't talk trash! :

Haruhi, I think by TLDR, yuko meant that you should prolly split your post down to seperate paragraphs rather than a single huge paragraph which is an eyesore to read!

I don't talk trash! :<

Haruhi' date=' I think by TLDR, yuko meant that you should prolly split your post down to seperate paragraphs rather than a single huge paragraph which is an eyesore to read!

[/quote']

If I had been mistaken, then I offer my deepest apologies. I would definitely love to organize my words properly but typing on the phone is a chore, seeing how my comp blew up.

And benny, do you not find the other unlocks OP? I love to hear from another pov from people who might want to justify the unlocks.

And deliaren boy, I haven't the slightest idea your point. Maybe you wanna brush up on your sentence structuring skills for a start?