This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Ratsyc

TF2 for coming WCG?

The game list for the upcoming WCG 2010 has been release' date=' Unlike last year, TF2 and L4D were not chosen as part as the game rooster.

[b']The list of games are as of below:[/b]

PC

1. Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

2. FIFA 2010

3. Carom3D

4. Counter-strike 1.6

5. DOTA All-Stars

6. Blackshot

XBOX 360

1. Guitar Hero 5

2. Forza Motorsport 3

3. Tekken 6

They don't earn money that way either. Most likely last year' date=' the sponsors push the game together with l4d since it was "new", as a form of advertisement. This year, the new game was L4D2, hence, it was included.

That being said, maybe another reason is due to the response for the game they gotten last year. =\

[/quote']

no l4d2 leh? all other old games are there. just that tf2 got not much popularity so it wouldnt be in wcg anymore.

i want my money by standing still ROFL.

http://www.esportsc.com/index.php?option=com_tournament&task=viewTournament&ref=WCG

WCG 2010 Funan League

(Online Payment) Funan DigitaLife Mall

Start: 2010-06-11

End: 2010-06-13

Left 4 Dead 2

Type: Team (Min Player: 4) Price: SGD$20.00 Slots Left: 8

Last year, the game was pushed to be included by the sponsor (guess who).

Anyway, CS, DOTA, BS and WC3-TFT are old games with huge player based. But why pool game like Carom3D is in.... i have noooo idea.

WCG SG can go fvck itself. If someone put up a decent prize pool for TF2, you might actually ENCOURAGE more teams to start playing this year so NEXT YEAR YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A BIGGER CROWD. But I guess Singaporeans are stingy bastards anyway so why should sponsors be any different. They miraculously want big crowds and advertisement money while spending the least amount possible on prizes and long term development of the player base.

If vco played with their 6 again doing the same thing they would still win after 1 year of not playing. Rapture gaming has done an interview with me so ill post it here when its published.

The most popular games in SG are free / so old that theyre nearly considered free games because 90% of the competitors at wcg are/will be secondary school/poly/jc kids. I'm pretty sure that eventually some shit like maple will be introduced, how fast someone can level up in 3 tourney days. Actually im surprised it isn't already in.

No WoW arena teams, no COD, no quake.

No one really takes tf2 seriously around asia.. Not that asians are good at team working anyways.

No prize pool. No MGOs. thats the problem.

In Asia, anything without rewards = not worth the effort.

Whatever happen to the love of competitive gaming. (Even if TF2 isn't really meant to be competitive gaming)

Nah' date=' there won't be TF2 this year. confirmed by organizer. :D

[/quote']

may i know whose this year organizer?? :D

it will and always will be rapture gaming. -.-

most well known gaming company in sg imo.

Fucking excellent choice luh Rapture gaming

CAROM3D seriously Cee' date=' why the fuck

[/quote']

i have 0 idea what that game is also! :(((((

stupid fuckers. :D nah im just kidding. but i think because the tf2 brought too much 'noise' and unwanted attention. i do feel that they think its NOT the right way of publicity for them. :/

maybe thats why for tf2?????????????????????????????????????????? but for l4d haha fuck l4d kthxbai.

rapture has no interest in the gaming comp. just as long the sponsors get to sell and advertise.

been to wcg at e2max and suntec, both were a horrible experience.

rapture has no interest in the gaming comp. just as long the sponsors get to sell and advertise.

been to wcg at e2max and suntec' date=' both were a horrible experience.

[/quote']

a good description of a complete commercial tyrant

been to wcg at e2max and suntec' date=' both were a horrible experience.

[/quote']

a good description of a complete commercial tyrant

annnnnd whats new?