This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
CFB

OGM Ultimate Duo Rumble.

i believe at least for the AUS ultiduo tournies dont allow it..

i agree that it adds another element to the game..

gamebreaking? yes. overpowered? yes.

with a 10 second adv with two targets to hit.. anyone who can track half decently and aim crit rockets would make the kills easily.. imo it would just turn into a crit vs crit shitfest.. but yknow thats just me..

always thought ultiduo tournies would be only rl/shotty (gb doesnt matter cuz no one will use it anyway cept for scui bombs) needle/xbow, medigun.

Gb will be in a whitelist if I put up a whitelist, I do only consider blacklist.

Still thinking about what you have said for kritz though. I will pass on a edited reply soon, though imho, i think it will not affect gameplay much, though my depth of thought at this point is not that deep yet.

What do u think about Quickfix though?, and Vaccinator is strictly OP :D/>/>

Edit: I will put up to a vote. I did a google search, and the general consensus is not to allow kritzkrieg for the above mentioned reasons (the ones that you put). It gives the argument that weaker sollies could get away with just kritz and direct hit too. But still without these 2, the dimensions to this game is limited.

CrimsonFirebird

OGM

i dont really know much about quickfix and vaccinator cuz i only play 6's n stuff.. but depending on the charge rate of the QF if its the same as kritz then theres no point cuz it wont be used if kritz is in.. the flying medic part doesnt really do anything..

vaccinator i really have no idea.. i dont even know what it does lol :\

Another thing apart from medic items is DH as well.. DH is well, OP as hell hence banned in 6's now a days.. 1 hit on the medic followed by one quick shotty = death.. pop up in the air, airshot = death.. and tbh with some guys we have here.. they would probably pull that off easily..

these are just my thoughts, may very easily be wrong though.. <3

i dont really know much about quickfix and vaccinator cuz i only play 6's n stuff.. but depending on the charge rate of the QF if its the same as kritz then theres no point cuz it wont be used if kritz is in.. the flying medic part doesnt really do anything.. vaccinator i really have no idea.. i dont even know what it does lol :\ Another thing apart from medic items is DH as well.. DH is well, OP as hell hence banned in 6's now a days.. 1 hit on the medic followed by one quick shotty = death.. pop up in the air, airshot = death.. and tbh with some guys we have here.. they would probably pull that off easily.. these are just my thoughts, may very easily be wrong though.. <3

You are not alone. My poll also suggests that kritzkrieg and DH should be banned. Quickfix should be banned too, but it seems that some people are welcome to the idea of allowing quickfix into the Ultiduo comp.

Yuko: ?

Do you mean only allow these weapons?

CrimsonFirebird

OGM

Edit 6: I have decided to release the tournament format, as I realized that non disclosure will introduce confusion to the community. However, it is a bit long and my apologies for that. Any queries is welcome, and I am flexible to change the schedule if needed be.

Edit: This is a earlier version of my edited post. Pls refer to the first post for any updates. This is a rough schedule of what I have in mind and it should be treated as such. I will release the final schedule a week before the actual tournament.

Tournament Format:

• If there is less than 8 teams, the tournament will be postponed to a later date until at least 16 teams joined.

• If there is exactly 8 teams that joined the tournament: Single elimination Format of 8 teams will be used. The event will be dropped from 2 days to one day instead. All matches except Grand Finals will be a BO5. Grand Finals will be a BO7.

• If 8-16 teams registered, Group stages of 16 teams will be used. After which 8 teams will advance into single elimination format. All matches except Grand Finals will be a BO5. Grand Finals will be a BO7.

• If there are 16 teams, double elimination format, BO 5 for each match. Semi Finals till the Grand Finals will be a BO 7. There will be no winner bracket's advantage.

• If there are 16-32 teams, which is the ideal scenario, there will be group stages of 32 teams, followed by double elimination of 16 teams.

• If there are >32 teams but <100 teams, there will be a preliminaries match conducted before the actual tournament date. Top 32 teams will be seeded into the group stages. After which 16 teams will be picked for the RO16 match in the double elimination format.

• If there is more than 100 teams, Swiss system format (Will be decided by server capability of OneAsiaGamer and Asiafortress) will be used, and 7 matches of BO5 will be played. Top 16 will be seeded into the double elimination format. If we do have the time, Top 32 will be seeded in group stages followed by double elimination format of 16 players.

Schedule of tournament

This is done with the assumption that OGM utilizes 8 admins and 16-32 teams are expected.

1. For Day One

• Using this binary beast as reference, there will be from group A to H.

• Teams A-D check in at 1230 hrs to confirm their attendance for the group stages. From then, 2 admins will be handing each group. Each match in the group stage will be a BO5. The event will start at 1300 hrs The admins are expected to complete the stages 3 hours later. An hour leeway will be given to them. This event is expected to end at 1600 hrs, with 1700 hrs at the latest (1hr per round, with 3 rounds in total)

• For Group E-H, they will check in at 2000 hrs for their matches to be conducted. Similarly, their event is expected to end at 2300 hrs with 0000 hrs at the latest.

• Top 2 teams in each group will advance to the RO16 double elimination format

http://binarybeast.c...21304183#groups This is our reference group stages (Bludota OGM Dota 2 Open division)

2. For Day Two

• The top 16 teams will check in at 1230 hrs, with the event starting at 1300 hrs.

• Schedule of the Day 2 tournament:

• Note that LBRx means loser bracket round x, x is an integer from 1-6.

o 1300 to 1400: RO16

o 1400 to 1500: RO8 with LBR1

o 1500 to 1600: LBR2

o 1600 to 1700: LBR3 with RO4 (Winner Brackets Semi Finals)

o 1700 to 1800: LBR4

o 1800 to 1900: RO2 (Winner Brackets Finals) + LBR5

o 1900 to 2000: LBR6 (2nd/3rd Place Play off)

o 2000 to 2100: Grand Finals

Reference for the Brackets: http://binarybeast.c...304183#brackets

yes only allow those
It is similar to this except for 1. Why no ubersaw? I thought that is the staple of the medic. 2. U prefer to ban gunboats. Other than that your version of the ban list coincides with mine.

Sounds good man. If you need any volunteers or help from the asiafortress staff, just ask and they'll do what they can!

I really hope you get this organized and broadcasted in a stream with some fun commentary. Get local casters involved.

Lollery, you have not missed the thing. It is just that I did not post it. I am not setting the deadline this early yet, as I am still looking into the number of turnout. But if u want to play safe, register before 11th May 2013.

I will be posting updates one hour later.

Update: Edited.

And thanks spammah for the well wishes. I am determined to make this a good event :D/>.

CrimsonFirebird

OGM

• Like 1

the paragraph at the top says "one asia gaming" and the logo at the bottom says one asia gamer?

(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ

(@_@)

(=TェT=)

▼o・ェ・o▼

\(〇_o)/

shot0009u.png

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Hope OneAsiaGamer does not kill us for this x.X

CrimsonFirebird

OGM

Edit 9: Sever update: The major bugs have been fixed. Only the whitelist is not updated. Have fun using it guys.

Edit 10: Registration closes on the 11th May 2013. And Based on my estimates, I will most probably be running a 16 man tournament without group stages. So the 17th team and above that registers before 11 May 2013 will be placed on the waiting list.

sorry due to recent rebranding,

Team Allstars will not be donating 4 keys

Team GodsofGods will be donating 4 keys