This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Gee

Asia's Differences

lol. no lahh. u guys just never look hard enough. There is always people who are willing to play and take it up a notch. U just have to go to pubs and see people who take pubs seriously. Those people are normally the ones who are willing to do more.

EG. EMIR - HALIIM MEDICAL STUDENT MAD COMBO.

get my portal 2 and cya

end up half my team gonna ditch after masters

damn you portal 2 !!!

........Yeah, I know this feeling.

Then again, it's not fair to call most of the players these days F2Ps. I noticed it's become something of a derogatory term here, and I've seen my fair share of F2P players pick the game up faster than most of the older players. Just throwing it out there for you guys.

And yeah. I think most of us newbies were signed up for this because some people wanted portal 2, and needed people to fill the team quota, resulting in some of us having to do most of the work after the original team members drop out due to the pressure. Iunno, I feel that teams need to mentally prepare themselves for serious play, and stop using "playing for fun" as an excuse to handicap themselves and the team. Not to mention that most of the original team members have stopped playing entirely or dropped out because they weren't prepared for the kind of strain competitive play introduces.

But hey, it's been an eye opener for me and a few teammates of mine so far. Some of them have been practicing more seriously, and we've definitely seen improvements when playing in pub servers, stupid as it sounds.

Maybe it's a good thing that the prize was Portal, or else some of us might never have decided to join. I just feel that maybe, the competition should hold a quota of pugs before they allow a team to join in future, although it sounds troublesome. I feel that maybe having teams play PUGs at least 3 times before joining might allow them to prepare themselves, and save them the hassle of dropping out or disbanding midway after the team cracks under pressure, since they could use the games to gauge readiness.

Just my two cents, hope it makes sense.

get my portal 2 and cya

end up half my team gonna ditch after masters

damn you portal 2 !!!

Maybe it's a good thing that the prize was Portal' date=' or else some of us might never have decided to join. I just feel that maybe, the competition should hold a quota of pugs before they allow a team to join in future, although it sounds troublesome. I feel that maybe having teams play PUGs at least 3 times before joining might allow them to prepare themselves, and save them the hassle of dropping out or disbanding midway after the team cracks under pressure, since they could use the games to gauge readiness.

Just my two cents, hope it makes sense.

[/quote']

I think the onus should be on the team to decide whether or not to take part in a competition. we can't play nanny to every team, and make sure they're all in shape for a competition.

pubbers in asia arent as hostile as other regions so that may help a bit

thats cause all the hostile people are either playing dota, blackshot or maple :D