Sign in to follow this  
yuko

Results for Unlockables Banned in AFL IV

RESULTS

RESULTS

[align=center]UNLOCKABLES BANNED

Scout

Sandman is banned.

Crit-A-Cola and Bonk (Only one kind of drink (one cola or one bonk) by one scout per team at any one time by either one scout(s))

Soldier

Buff Banner (Only one per team)

Heavy

Natascha is banned.

Killing Gloves of Boxing is banned.

Engineer

Wrangler is banned.

Gunslinger is banned.

All other unlockables are allowed.[/align]

Looks fine but I don't understand why Natascha's banned. A single Natasha is fine. Looking at the Gotfrag forums, it's just the Americans whining because they have a classlimit 2 for Heavies. Maybe you guys should discuss this in more detail and re-consider.

Looks fine but I don't understand why Natascha's banned. A single Natasha is fine. Looking at the Gotfrag forums' date=' it's just the Americans whining because they have a classlimit 2 for Heavies. Maybe you guys should discuss this in more detail and re-consider.

[/quote']

second'd.

The slow effect while you're above 150+ ping (which is the case for most asian games) is absolutely rage inducing plus a high risk of seizure.

We here at asiafortress care for the well-being of our players.

no but srsly lots of people voted, still, do you want a revote for natascha only?

I suggest you admins have another discussion about it. Spec some scrim servers and have the fellas run nataschas, observe and report back in the forums or something.

I do feel the slomo effects when hit by Natascha with my ping mang but it's not something that completely incapacitates my gameplay, and seeing that I choose to play with 100+ ping, I'd better put up with it, eh? All I'm saying is that you guys should do some more research, see if any of the other worldwide leagues are banning it and then, specjoin an azn scrim or pug or something and have someone from one team run a Natascha and observe if it's really that punishing or not.

I don't get why KGB is banned though.

Spammah, i've been killed by natascha through the walls way too many times. Why must we sit and copy the rules of other more "prominent" leagues? Why can't AFL have its own rule where people in the world go, "hey look those dudes in asia have some pretty weird but cool rules in their tf2 league" .. And thus, we get our own set of rules which don't look like a copypaste of rules from NA Tf2, OZfortress or Etf2l.

I don't get why KGB is banned though.

Spammah' date=' i've been killed by natascha through the walls way too many times. Why must we sit and copy the rules of other more "prominent" leagues? Why can't AFL have its own rule where people in the world go, "hey look those dudes in asia have some pretty weird but cool rules in their tf2 league" .. And thus, we get our own set of rules which don't look like a copypaste of rules from NA Tf2, OZfortress or Etf2l.

[/quote']

especially in 100+ pings

Problem with Natascha isn't the power of the weapon, it's how fvcking unfun it makes the game. It's doubly bad on high pings - to the point someone who gets hit by it will have discrepancies between their hitsounds/ingame and actual damage to the tune of 100 damage shots/rockets/pipes doing nothing. Stuns in FPS games are just ughh, especially with the way it actually works (oh hey I got midged by one round I'm as slow as oplaid derp), which just serves to make it all the worse. A game where people are afraid to poke a corner because they might get hit by one natascha bullet and slowed to a crawl is a slower, less enjoyable game.

How does it make sense for crit-a-cola and buff banner to be allowed... but natasha not allowed?!

although not very good a comparison, but it's like people rather 1 shot crit to death by scout / sol / demo... than get slowed by a single heavy.

I suppose it does give people without much skill a bigger advantage since you just need 1 rocket / 1 grenade / 1 sticky / 1 bullet to hit the opponent to get a frag..... Not that I'm implying that people that wants these unlocks are noobs... but... the crits factor is wayyyy more imba as compared to a heavy that slows your movement down....

I just went to check the thread where there was a poll on this...

There are MANY people that voted for crit a cola to be banned... I'm wondering who decided it should still be in the weapons pool.

I don't buy the argument that people who dislike certain unlocks are afraid of change or new playstyles.

I really don't.

Especially when we end using it to justify maps like Freight_final twinned with unlocks like Natasha that turn what can be a very fast, fun and fluid experience into a slow crawl metagame. I'm not afraid that I can't execute a defence on Last in a couple of maps (Freight_Final, Coldfront, etc) with an engineer and Natasha that leaves the other team failing 5 pushes to last hoping we fail a retake so the horror can be over. But when all is said and done, I do not want that style of game in my tf2, it is fun for nobody involved in my experience.

As for Critacola, never seen it used, so I won't comment about it. But the thing about allowing unlocks and the "playstyles" they bring comes down to an argument everyone needs to go over and think about themselves. Every single person should think about the following points in respect to every contentious unlock and then; only then, decide if they should be in the game or not. Natasha is an easy example.

1) Actually think about if the unlock should be there and if it adds something good to the format. The competitive format we had before unlocks has done a pretty good job - and unlocks that are perceived to "give" something to the game have been allowed (medic unlocks, equalizer, pain train, etc). Remember, people who want to add new unlocks to the competitive format are the ones who have the expectation of making an argument for change - they are suggesting modifications to an existing format.

> I do not believe Natasha adds any positives other than hilarious moments laughing at medics on 80% uber get gunned down.

2) After deciding if it adds something to the game, decide if it takes away things from the game.

> Slows the game down, makes people afraid of peeking because it could get them killed due to one bullet - and "could" in a way that isn't determined purely by the aim of the player or praying to the deity behind hitreg (like the sniper does). Lowers skill ceiling in a way that doesn't open the game to new players either.

3) http://mygamingedge.com/i-care-too-much-vol-4/ read articles like this. Regardless of if you're for or against specific unlocks, actually read other people's opinions. This doesn't make you a sheep, and you are not "following everyone else" if you make the decision to read their logic and agree with it.

> slow game made slower

4) master existing playstyles

> I knew I'd screw one of these up somewhere.

Hence I think Natascha should be banned.

2) After deciding if it adds something to the game' date=' decide if it takes away things from the game.

> Slows the game down, makes people afraid of peeking because it could get them killed due to one bullet - and "could" in a way that isn't determined purely by the aim of the player or praying to the deity behind hitreg (like the sniper does). Lowers skill ceiling in a way that doesn't open the game to new players either.

> slow game made slower

Hence I think Natascha should be banned.

[/quote']

How can natascha kill someone with 1 bullet?!?!??!?!

a sentry guarding the last point slows the game down too, doesn't mean we'll not allow the use of a sentry...

Theres been many times in both pub/pug and scrims that getting caught peeking around a corner by a single natascha bullet slows you to the point where the next one hits you... and the next one...and the next one. Even as a scout it is almost impossible to get back round a corner that is merely 1.5 feet away, when you DO get behind the corner you might even die tru the wall due to the ping differences. This isnt a theory or some bias thingy, its something many of us have experienced in gameplay since the heavy minibuff in movement speed and windup time, and raged about.

My personal opinion is that a heavy should be the kind of badass that once in position chews up everything; assuming your team does accomodate a heavy and successfully moves him in- (example being some korean team whose name i forgot; had us distracted with 2 bonking scouts while the heavy moves in from the other flank and winds up) I dont see how lesser damage plus slow is going to help with the inevitable rape that is a heavy whose managed to get a good position. However, the question is- is it totally necessary to include the aspect where you cannot peek round the corner simply because there MIGHT be a heavy on the other end? Or cannot rocket jump because you're going to be held in midair while raped by multiple airshots? In the cases where careless players are supposed to die, I think the sascha already makes them die. Theres no need to get natascha to make them die a shittier, rage inducing death- that sometimes isnt quite deserved.

Sign in to follow this