hcaz

audiophile/audiojunkie in da houz?

i have some pretty good gear

yamaha hs50m

audio technica ath-ad700,900

beyerdynamic mmx300

yuin pk3

hifiman re0

headphones.com.au is a 5 minute drive from where i work so i regularly go in and listen to their gear and impulse buy stuff

I would recommend the ad700 straight out if you are going to use the headphones for more than 20% gaming and you already have a desk mic.

they are the best investment you will make, something everyone should put some good money towards are decent headphones - after all, they are used for hours per day and add much more enjoyment to games/movies/music/pc comfort

Used to be a bit hardcore about audio stuff in the past. I've got:

Grado SR-60

Grado SR-80

Sennheiser HD-555 modded (thx xeon_ you slut) to HD-595 (Currently using)

Koss something

Koss something

Denon 2000 IEMs

I've got a powerful pocket portable amp set somewhere that works on 2 AA batteries or a 5V DC adapter.

http://www.electric-avenues.com/audio8.html

Like Seeker said, Audio Technicas are the best choice if you want something for overall usage...... least I think they are. It's been way too long.

Some of my warez are centered more towards music production and monitoring...:

KRK RP5 Rokit

Jays d-JAYS

Sennheiser HD650

Technics RP- DJ1200

Technics SL-1210MK5

Highly recommend paying Jaben Network @ Adelphi a visit if you're intending to get from Singapore.

Why are they unopened? the HD600 blows the SR60s out of the water overall.. but then again you've probably listened to the grados long enough to just instantly dismiss any other set of cans because of the grado signature sound. The HD600 is a very warm sounding set of phones but I can tell you straight out they will be a lot better for gaming if you're using the SR60 every day atm (I have listened to both). On the other hand, the sr60 are tons easier to drive, unless you are using an x-fi forte or essence STX they are probably best kept in their box

Nice gear mut, I looked at the KRK's for my setup, but took the yamahas only becuase they're a newer, more inexpensive model from a pretty trusted brand in that field - I only got them very recently.

don't tempt him :( once you tune your ears to good quality sound, there's no turning back!!

I've been using Sennheiser since my first pair of headphones till now.... and my ears don't like any other brand (not audiophile headphones) :(

do note the sr60s are open cans to allow better soundstage but sound leaks around you so people can hear what you're listening.

using sony MDR-7506s :P

i won't be getting into headphones yet. still into IEMs just because i'm a bass head.

i went to adelphi jaben just to get replacement earbuds for my ue super.fi 5 eb. i bought a pair of comply foam. the best ear buds in the market, no contest. and this guy takes my earphones, changed the cable with a westone cable, hook it up on a mini amp and gave the earphones to me without me saying anything. i did not even intend to try out anything, i just wanted my bloody earbuds.

after listening, i craved for more ):

Humble ATH-ES7

Looking forward to getting a AKG701 and Heedcan Amp ^^

I love jaben man, I went there to try out all kinds of headphones for hours without buying anything. The customer service there is really good.

Hi what is an audiophile/audiojunkie? is it the same as a pedophile?

yea, just that they don't prey on little kids :D

am i the only IEM junkie here?

Nope' date=' I have a pair of head-direct RE0's. I don't use them for gaming though.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2009/04/headdirect-re0-review.php

[/quote']

nah i don't use it for gaming either. 100% music only.

do you use any DAC's for your IEM's seeker?

Nah, I just power them off my x-fi forte's DAC, not worth the gain especially in my room (noise all around me)

you get enough power from that. i usually listen to music on the go. i imagine myself in a different world with my IEMs and a decent DAC like the iBasso, taking the train and bus and not hear all that noise. oh man

im considering setting up a listening room specifically for music (ie no games/moviesc) and im looking for a set of fair high end speakers. obviously price isn't an issue but im not going full ridic (ie not buying aero headphones or something like that)

I have a pair of scandyna for my desktop pc to watch movies. So good.

yea im using scandyna too.. for my front speakers on my pc.. its good