pros vs pub heros?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. pros vs pub heros?

• YES PUB HEROS vs PROS
    • yes, but i wont take part
    • i prefer 12v 12
    • im a retard
    • NO, terrible idea

Was talking to spammash and a few yesterday, just putting this up to see who would think its a good idea for asiafortress.

I'd imagine this to be a complete rip off from the Euro event. ie, 6v9 comp setup vs highlander setup.

Do you think asiafortress should host such an event?

Why not? Could definitely do this but I strongly suggest that you guys pull in more of the casual players into the website. Show them it's not just all about PMS-competitive-azn-tf2-scrimming.

pub heros will be strictly pub players only.

comp all stars will be div1 ppl, but seeing as i dont know many ppl just yet. i will seek guidance from hcaz or yuko or some nigger gook mofo

and i think msc gets the idea, inviting mates to take part is what its all about. If more ppl reply to this and some comp ppl raise their hands i think i can make this happen (poster included)

is there like a mumble avaiable for both teams? like one from asiafortress

Yup there's a mumble available from Starhub. You shouldn't have a problem gathering people from the comp side, mainly only the pubbers. Gotta event-spam the public servers again.

We had some logistics problem with our first 6v9... If we are going to do a round 2, we will have to address some of these issues...

1. TIME management. I can't remember why the matches were delayed, server problems..or? Anyway, we should probably have only 1 competition per night. If we are playing 2 maps per team then... Friday night 2 maps, Saturday night 2 maps

2. People. Perhaps getting 1 manager per team would help to organize it better? Either team leaders or asiafortress admins will lead. To make it easier to contact the players, especially the pubbers, they should have a Steam group for each team.

Ok. That's mostly it.

You guys could also consider setting up like Sniper weekend (where snipers dual it out 2v2 or something) or Melee fight game in a small map, last one standing wins. I think these mini competitions will encourage pubbers to be included into our community.

i was thinking a one night event. ie, 2maps 1 hr, if tie breaker is needed, then an additional map will be played.

Im not a fan of spliting games into different days. That introduces even more problems.

mini comps? uh... that sounds like more hassle than its worth.

imo, ppl who want 2 play just put up their hands, depending on the ammount of ppl interested a more thorough selection process can take place. If not, i think first come first serve.

just spread the word, see if ppl are keen

i think nattan and sultan of cake would make great representatives of the pub community. would be nice to have this even as a AFL3 pre-season event. I think we did the same for AFL2

sure shotz, this is the original thread with a good list of pubbers- most said they were interested in another 6v9 if we do it again. What we used as the maps/rules/time etc is all here too; let me know what you think should be changed (class limits?)

http://asiafortress.com/thread-85.html <-- old post

The main post was used as a bulletin of sorts and I kept updating it, so now it might be a little messy since the edits aren't dated.

AFL3 PRE SEASON EVENT START PLANNING NOWWW.

ANY OF THE ADMINS FEEL FREE TO EDIT IN ANY FINALIZED INFO IN THIS THREAD

http://asiafortress.com/thread-682.html <--- new post

IN CASE I GET LAZY. BUT MAKE IT NEAT.