Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
sam

An effecient way of organizing pickups

Should we implement this way of pickup  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we implement this way of pickup

I've seen and experienced a lot of time wastage during pickups, so i decided to introduce a new way of pugging

1. Post an announcement for pickup and joining the group chat

2. Once there are 12 people in the group chat go join the server and start the pickup.

3. Let the 12 people in the chat play even if someone else comes in the server who is not in the group chat.

4. Enjoy~

I think this way we can organize better pickups without wasting a lot of time :D

This semi automization of Pugs is not at all effective, as it will only bring together 12 player and nothing more. Deciding classes would still plague the chat, plus chats may have a minor concern of selecting a server. Also what if someone else is already playing on the selected server or if more than 12 players are there and how will specs be handled?

Alternatives that would solve the issues we face are IRC or TF2Lobby. But none of them would be perfect and would come with there own problems. Both of them would be quite effective as number of players and classes would be guaranteed. But with no specs(subs) and a semi serious community like ours it can cause a lot of fail pugs if player leaves early.

TF2lobby will have even more problems as we will have to use pw protected lobbies, team stacking will be widely prevalent and we would need Rcon pw to start.

So I Just vote to keep the current systems.

Koreans will probably dominate. Also, people nowadays prefer bball to pugs which makes it even harder for a pug to start cause once the map changes from bball to bl or granary, people start leaving..

once the map changes from bball to bl or granary

there's the precise reason people leave anyway. granlands is getting boring, people think its repetitive, and granland junkies love getting a 99% vote domination on bl/gran when there's a votemap. try voting freight or follower or gullywash, see how many people stay (minus the aforementioned granland junkies)

300 on jp servers btw there are unofficial sg and indian servers do you play there :D id come anytime you want i am on HOLIDAYS

And I hereby suggest an asian pug where you combine sg/my/tw/chn/jp/kor all together in a system

so what about india?

I have no opinion about the PUG systems. However, it's really frustrating when there's absolutely no comms happening. It's a "TEAM" GAME ffs.

Rofl I hate playing medic cos when i'm getting my ass kicked i ask for help and i get no reply whatsoever.. haha. But oh well just a game :D

playing medic in pugs is all about the mental endurance. =X

agree. :C

Then i bet i am mental

all a soldier needs is a medic who doesn't wander off and stand on enemy stickies and dance tango.