This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Madman

Was anyone there tonight?

i only like their old stuff like black label and laid to rest too. you're missing my point COMPLETELY. and keep your music taste to yourself. you want some lame argument? o.O

okay then lets just COMPLETELY IGNORE the fact that thrash/heavy/death/black metal takes the skill of playing music to a whole new level' date=' by using hard rock as a base and adds other instruments and more skill to it. yes, good point you have there, Jai.

[/quote']

skill?

name me a lead guitarist from from the metal genre whos better than slash, jim page, angus young or hendrix. name a better drummer than neil peart or bonham. name me a better fucking album than appetite for destruction, back in black, zoso ,2112.

half of the metal scene is filled up with posers (slipknot , korn, avenged sevenfold, job for a cowboy WTF?). what really flips my shit is ppl actually liking black and death metal. seriously folks get your head examined.

gb2justinbieber

ill give bieber 2 yrs max till everyone forgets him like every other disney nutcake

You see Jai, by reading all your posts here I have come to a conclusion that you REALLY have NFI about metal. You're just here to speak bullshit about a genre which you hardly listen to and spit on it. I, on the other hand, listen to YOUR music as well and appreciate both.

You're pretty retarded if you think there are no talented guitarists in metal. I have not spoken a single word about nu-metal and metalcore which are the 2 biggest disgraces of the metal genre. Funny for you to bring up bands like KoRn, slipknot, avenged sevenfold and job for a cowboy. You just named 4 disgusting metalcore, nu-metal bands which true metalheads don't even COUNT as metal.

You want names? LOL. Okay here goes. Or actually I think I'll give you some videos.. so that you can not be a blind fuck anymore.

Muhammed Suiçmez of Necrophagist, one of the greatest guitarists of this generation -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60GizSziZQ0

You think Slash or any of those others can fucking hold a guitar, play like that and growl at the same time? You think that's easy? Not that I don't respect them, it's simply that they are guitarists of the old generation and people need to MOVE THE FUCK ON.

Other guitarists worth mentioning - Chuck Schuldiner of Death(The God of death metal), Alexi Laiho of Children of Bodom, all of Iron Maidens guitarists, Dave Mustaine of Megadeth, Anti Kokko and Pekka Kokko of Kalmah, Jesper stromblad of In flames, fuck the list goes on.

Bassists - Alex Webster of Cannibal Corpse, Steve Harris of Iron Maiden.

Drummers - Nicholas Barker of Dimmu Borgir, Old Mans Child, etc. Pete Sandoval of Morbid Angel and Terrorizer, Derek Roddy of Hate Eternal.

With all this said, If you had ANY brains whatsoever, you would probably agree.. but if you want to continue this pointless argument.. PLEASE DO GO ON! You're one of those people who label metal as "LAMB OF GOD, METALLICA, SLIPKNOT, KORN" and other retarded bands.. but the fact is YOU DONT KNOW JACK SHIT ABOUT METAL.

EDIT : OH SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT VOCALISTS. I'll do a quick run of them too if you want :)

lol metal guitarists

you dont seriously think shredding in the bridge of generic verse-chorus rubbish makes you an amazing musician do you? are you the kind of teenage kid that only listens to metal because "heavy music is the only real type of music"? or did you not notice that regardless of how skilled they are, metal bands cant make up for the fact that their writing is utter rubbish?

why do you think bands like the mars volta are popular when their guitarist/s arent as good as willie adler or john campbell?

oh wait, fuck

Wow man this is totally feeding a bunch of shit trolls but I'll bite.

First of all dont be a dumbass narrow minded fuck. Dont be so obsessed over what is clearly your own opinions and if you wanna be all hatin' at least have some basis to what you say. No, saying EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH DEATHMETAL !!!!111one!!! does not count as a basis. Otherwise people are just going to ignore you like everything else in life if you be a dogmatic cumbag.

Secondly, "shredding in the bridge of generic verse-chorus" blah blah is a gross stereotype. Listen to some proper melodic death, if you still deny that the Gothenburg sound is not music you're just intentionally being ignorant. Twin guitar melodies and shit like that is nothing like so called mindless shredding" and its pretty damn beautiful to hear; acoustic or distorted regardless.

Next, who says the lyrical aspect is rubbish? Is speaking out against oppression rubbish? Have you even considered how poetic some of the verses from bands like Light this city or opeth are, like literally adhering to the internal rhyme scheme and pentameter for verse structure? Surely lyrics are not all about sex drugs and capping some nigga cos he looked at your shoes the wrong way right?

Lastly, Dave Mustaine <3

Yes, music is objective and its normal to like certain genres more. But you dont go hating others and what they do simply because you feel like it.

That just reflects on a shit personality.

For the record I'm a great fan of classical music also. Whatcha going to say now? Mozart was a fluke?

lol metal guitarists

you dont seriously think shredding in the bridge of generic verse-chorus rubbish makes you an amazing musician do you? are you the kind of teenage kid that only listens to metal because "heavy music is the only real type of music"? or did you not notice that regardless of how skilled they are' date=' metal bands cant make up for the fact that their writing is utter rubbish?

why do you think bands like the mars volta are popular when their guitarist/s arent as good as willie adler or john campbell?

oh wait, fuck

[/quote']

If you do play a guitar, please go try learning a single necrophagist guitar tab, then come back and say it's mindless shredding.

And.. Wow mentioning willie adler and john campbell as good metal guitarists totally shows your knowledge..

Wow man this is totally feeding a bunch of shit trolls but I'll bite.

First of all dont be a dumbass narrow minded fuck. Dont be so obsessed over what is clearly your own opinions and if you wanna be all hatin' at least have some basis to what you say. No' date=' saying EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH DEATHMETAL !!!!111one!!! does not count as a basis. Otherwise people are just going to ignore you like everything else in life if you be a dogmatic cumbag.

Secondly, "shredding in the bridge of generic verse-chorus" blah blah is a gross stereotype. Listen to some proper melodic death, if you still deny that the Gothenburg sound is not music you're just intentionally being ignorant. Twin guitar melodies and shit like that is nothing like so called mindless shredding" and its pretty damn beautiful to hear; acoustic or distorted regardless.

Next, who says the lyrical aspect is rubbish? Is speaking out against oppression rubbish? Have you even considered how poetic some of the verses from bands like Light this city or opeth are, like literally adhering to the internal rhyme scheme and pentameter for verse structure? Surely lyrics are not all about sex drugs and capping some nigga cos he looked at your shoes the wrong way right?

Lastly, Dave Mustaine <3[hr']

Yes, music is objective and its normal to like certain genres more. But you dont go hating others and what they do simply because you feel like it.

That just reflects on a shit personality.

For the record I'm a great fan of classical music also. Whatcha going to say now? Mozart was a fluke?

yep speaking out oppression, nobody has ever done that

wait fuck thats a lack of lyrical inspiration circa ratm

i have not seen opeth referenece the iambic pentameter as last time i checked opeth were writing music not sonnets and i dont quite see any use for the iambic pentameter while singing but nice try

also i havent really heard mars volta sing about poppin' caps in niggas asses but hey maybe the veil cerpin taxt wasnt about some dude killing himself and was actually really well disguised gangsta rap.

ps: i dont really listen to classical because i find it boring as fuck but i listen to post-rock so classical must be doing something wrong

pps: sorry bright i'll mention parkway drive and machinehead next time so you can feel like i give a shit

pps: sorry bright i'll mention parkway drive and machinehead next time so you can feel like i give a shit

sorry arch, i don't listen to them. :)

bet you couldn't name 10 death metal bands eh dickhead

oh the fires of hatin trolls burns rife here...

honestly i didnt even bother reading the massive walls of texts or loading those (flashy?) youtube vids (sorry bright)

I don't understand why people who aren't even arguing for a cause post here. Increasing your post count? Fir and cobalt, if you have nothing to contribute, either cause you listen to neither of the genres or if you're disinterested.. just refrain from posting.. I'm clearly putting up the videos for Jai. :S

I don't understand why people who aren't even arguing for a cause post here. Increasing your post count? Fir and cobalt' date=' if you have nothing to contribute, either cause you listen to neither of the genres or if you're disinterested.. just refrain from posting.. I'm clearly putting up the videos for Jai. :S

[/quote']

nothing to contribute? dude you call all those big blocks of text and heated arguments "contributions"? srsly lol

I don't understand why people who aren't even arguing for a cause post here. Increasing your post count? Fir and cobalt' date=' if you have nothing to contribute, either cause you listen to neither of the genres or if you're disinterested.. just refrain from posting.. I'm clearly putting up the videos for Jai. :S

[/quote']

spare me the videos. i have listened and watched many songs from death and black metal.

and if this is your idea of 'OMG BEST MUSIC EVAR' then i feel sad for you.

apart from the stupid growling, snarling, , bad lyrics and terrible music these music videos are kinda funny (the best ones are all Norwegian, lol).

And did i see you mentioning cannibal corpse? AHAHAHAHAHA. oh man thanks for the laughs.

and just to make it clear why i despise hating death or black metal (and to some extent thrash) is because of the themes these songs contain - Satanism, misanthropy, neo nazism and i think i even watched a KKK type of cross burning in some of the videos.

AND, when did i diss heavy metal? Which idiot doesnt like OZZY!

although i like classic heavy metal more than whats on offering nowdays. sabbath, deep purple(they are more heavy metal than hard rock), iron maiden, judas priest, motorhead these all trumph compared to metallica or megadeath.

p.s. mustaine isnt even in the same league as hendrix or jimmy page or say chuck berry. hell even kirk hammett is better than him.