Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Gamon

Gamon's Guide to Trolling

Did this thread help you troll better?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did this thread help you troll better?

• Yes
    • Yes

Hi, this is my guide to show you how to troll like a pro.

What is a troll?

A troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Trolling Techniques

"tl;dr"- Short for "Too long; didn't read". Use this when someone posts a wall of text to show that you don't give a shit.

Cool story, bro- To express how cool (or not) someone's story is.

Cool_story_bro_.jpg

Randomness- Saying something totally random and off-topic to reply.

For example:

Bob: This thread is for people to share strategies.

You: nigger stole my bike.

Saying something that sounds like what someone said- This technique is pretty difficult and requires practice.

It goes like this:

Bob: This is total bullshit!

You: A battleship?!?!

Mild flaming or telling someone to go away- Involves telling someone how much they suck with or without any evidence and telling them to gtfo.

For example:

Nomag: I'm gonna quit gaming because people hate me

You: GTFO

Video or picture responses- No explanation needed. Just post your favourite video or picture that involves you getting fucked by your uncle.

Disagreement without reason- Disagree without a reason, usually with short replies such as "No" or "Not really".

How to Troll Effectively

Know your audience. In a forum such as this one where the community worships teams such as Complexity, creating a thread such as "COMPLEXITY SUCKS" will draw lots of attention. However, in a community which already thinks Complexity sucks, posting that is fully on-topic and obvious. Then, that troll would proceed to realise his mistake and rip his anus apart.

To make threads go off-topic is your ultimate goal. The more off-topic the better. It is even better if you could add some humour and get other trolls to join you.

After you're done,

Have fun watching people either ignoring you, getting lost in the confusion or trolling along with you.

EDITED FOR GRAMMAR

Hi' date=' this is my guide to show you how to troll like a pro.

[u']What is a troll?[/u]

A troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Trolling Techniques

"tl;dr"- Short for "Too long; didn't read". Use this when someone posts a wall of text to show that you don't give a shit.

Cool_story_bro_.jpg

For example:

Saying something that sounds like what someone said- This technique is pretty difficult and requires practice.

It goes like this:

Mild flaming or telling someone to go away- Involves telling someone how much they suck with or without any evidence and telling them to gtfo.

For example:

Video or picture responses- No explanation needed. Just post your favourite video or picture that involves you getting fucked by your uncle.

Disagreement without reason- Disagree without a reason, usually with short replies such as "No" or "Not really".

How to Troll Effectively

Know your audience. In a forum such as this one where the community worships teams such as Complexity, creating a thread such as "COMPLEXITY SUCKS" will draw lots of attention. However, in a community which already thinks Complexity sucks, posting that is fully on-topic and obvious. Then, that troll would proceed to realise his mistake a rip his anus apart.

To make threads go off-topic is your ultimate goal. The further off-topic the better. Even better if you could add some humour and get other trolls to join you.

After you're done,

Have fun watching people either ignoring you, getting lost in the confusion or trolling along with you.

155gug2.jpg155gug2.jpg155gug2.jpg155gug2.jpg155gug2.jpg155gug2.jpg155gug2.jpg

Hi' date=' this is my guide to show you how to troll like a pro.

[u']What is a troll?[/u]

Trolling Techniques

Cool_story_bro_.jpg

For example:

It goes like this:

For example:

How to Troll Effectively

Know your audience. In a forum such as this one where the community worships teams such as Complexity, creating a thread such as "COMPLEXITY SUCKS" will draw lots of attention. However, in a community which already thinks Complexity sucks, posting that is fully on-topic and obvious. Then, that troll would proceed to realise his mistake a rip his anus apart.

To make threads go off-topic is your ultimate goal. The further off-topic the better. Even better if you could add some humour and get other trolls to join you.

After you're done,

155gug2.jpg155gug2.jpg155gug2.jpg155gug2.jpg155gug2.jpg155gug2.jpg155gug2.jpg

SUPER MARIO BROS?!?!?!?!

you are a fucking amateur

i am, undoubtedly, the finest troll in the australasian geographic area, including new zealand.

for my resume please visit my ozfortress profile (nb: where i am currently banned for 6 months for trolling).

i look forward to your pathetic reply. kill yourself.

i am' date=' undoubtedly, the finest troll in the australasian geographic area, including new zealand.

for my resume please visit my ozfortress profile (nb: where i am currently banned for 6 months for trolling).

155gug2.jpg

Have fun watching people either ignoring you' date=' getting lost in the confusion or trolling along with you.

[/quote']

or - repping you

i am' date=' undoubtedly, the finest troll in the australasian geographic area, including new zealand.

I'll vouch for arch's trolling skills!

Btw, you don't have to spell my name backwards when you are trying to use me as an example.

I did not say I was going to quit gaming, what I said was, I wanted to take a break from the scrimming scene.