This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
iridescentFUZZ

NA vs. EU - i46 LAN donation drive!

A historic event in the life of the competitive TF2 community; plans to send 1-2 North American teams to the i46 LAN in Europe, and face off against the best European teams are underway,

Naturally, this is no cheap feat, and exTV is fundraising to help them cover costs. If you'd like to see your favourite EU team compete against their NA counterparts, or vice-versa, and have some extra cash to spare, check out the link below.

http://extv.chipin.c...ican-contingent

There are also plans to organise in-game item donations, which will then be sold for real cash, and I will try to put up a link to that if possible.

personal thought, 20k is alot of money to give away to these players, a little self centered move from extine...

there are many more people in the world that needs the 20k than a bunch of mouse clicking teens.

• Like 1

personal thought, 20k is alot of money to give away to these players, a little self centered move from extine...

there are many more people in the world that needs the 20k than a bunch of mouse clicking teens.

hy mang, i dun tink d pope needs a golden chair,a golden scepter and fucking retarded hat too but hey

I really don't see how it's self-centered, even a little bit. In fact, gathering the support and reputation for a fund-raiser like this took a lot of work on exTV's part, and this is something the community has wanted to see for a looong time. I'd hardly call that self-centered.

True, and at the same time you have that one retarded girl asking for funding on Kickstarter to produce a series on female characters in videogames being stereotypical. That among countless other useless donation drives.

Besides, no one says you have to donate like $1k to them, or that it will prevent you(or other people) from being generous to other people/organisations.

i guess im just mad at sponsors not taking tf2 seriously

no revenue? load of crap

while games like blackshot and pointblank are being sponsored

just saying it would take extine lots of convincing to get that 20k by august, interesting how this will play out

now where's my kfc

Agreed. I also wish Valve would promote comp TF2 the way it promotes Dota 2.

No can do, Valve would never promote TF2 on Dota2's level, but agreed, TF2 does deserve way more promotion. Dota2 shows that people are willing to stream it and watch team games, and TF2 is perhaps one of the few that caters to that, barring CS, BF3, MW3. However, last 3 are really more along the lines of "realism" and modern warfare tactics, whereas TF2 aligns itself closer to Quake and UT style.

Sign in to follow this