This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
yuko

How to deal with JUMPERS on rollouts

Well' date=' I have received countless messages by various members of the community requesting a guide to deal with aggressive

jumpers on rollouts, or aggressive plays in general. In any 6v6 competitive game, one will have to expect aggressive plays

throughout the course of the match. As such, one needs to learn how to deal with these situations adequately and not succumb

to sheer brainless aggressiveness. I am thus writing this guide to explain the various methods one can employ when rolling out

to stand a better chance against aggressors. [/i']

guide is meant to help those starting out/those who don't know shit about dealing with jumpers despite being experienced. very basic stuff.

Full guide at http://sandvichfort.com/showthread.php?tid=34

flame away;

As a more advanced thing don't panic and remember what advantages / disadvantages of their rollout are. A team going through granary garages with both of their soldiers is going to be overwhelming because it's supposed to be - but as a disadvantage their demoman has zero position and either the scouts (if the medic follows the demoman balcony) or the demoman (if the medic plays from point / near crates) are going to have less heals. These types of things are killers as the rollout goes on, etcetc.

what i do when enemy team starts going like this is either I:

badlands: stay on the crates and meatshot anyone who dares to take the sky

granary: go crates on rollout and also meatshot anyone who dares to take the sky

sometimes jr will pull off an airshot. sometimes he wont. most of the time it's up to me and yoog though

Have an aggressive soldier of your own. If they don't have to deal with a soldier that's in their face then they'll stomp your team. The fact that the jumping soldier is taking your attention/ammo, if you don't have someone else returning the favour to their heavies then what will you do?

It's all good and well to assume things like airshots/scouts will take out the soldier, even so he's still done a good amount of damage and taken your attention.

To repeat myself for the 100th time, don't forget to have an aggressive soldier of your own.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this