This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Audi0

Mentor Project and Ammomod

Hello,

I was wondering what our community thought about introducing a mentor project. It will be a great help to clans which are just starting out and maybe bring higher awareness levels in older players. Also there is a slight chance that new players make the switch from pub to 6v6 through this. Though for it to work some of our experienced players need to pitch in and help, and the rest of us need to spread the word.

Another thing that I want to know whether people would be interested in ammomod. Arranging that will be tough as the mod is not publicly available and we need to get in touch with apoplexy industries to get hold of that (I'm not sure but they would charge a monthly fee for it).

Hello' date='

I was wondering what our community though about introducing a mentor project.

[/quote']

I don't get it.

What's ammomod?

Mentor program sounds good' date=' but community project = hard to start.

[/quote']

If i'm not mistaken, ammomod is like a 1v1 battle in a certain part of different maps (like badlands Spire, Granary mid) with a set amount of health (usually 2000) and infinite ammo and an airshot count. I stand corrected.

and mentor program would be really good, seeing as many new teams need to know the basics before they can properly venture into the scrim world.

i sign on ammomod, but who is going to pay? :?

imo mentoring program wouldnt work well in our community, even if they would be mentors, you cannot confirm that a mentee would be 100% dedicated to learn. that would be of time wasting for the mentor, and i'm pretty sure no one wants to waste time.

Hello' date='

I was wondering what our community though about introducing a mentor project.

[/quote']

Can anyone tell me what this is about?

You can check out details of Mentor Program over here

http://commforums.com/tf2-mentor-works-t1828.html?t=1828

And if people want to see what ammomod really is connect to this server : 217.112.254.24:27015

Its an Euro server so your pings will be quite high, though do check it out for its functionality. you can join by selecting a team and your desired class (Soldier, demo, scout) and type !ammomod in public chat. A menu with 8 Arena's ( 2 regular, 1 BL mid, 1BL spire, 1 Gran mid, 1 Gravelpit C, 1 Directs, 1 Trampoline) will open up. Select whatever arena you want to go in where you'll be facing an opponent. Soldiers have 1200HP, Demo and scouts have 800HP. You have Infinite ammo plus reload is not required. RJ's and Sticky jumps do cause self damage.

ammomod is available to public now afaik .i will try to find the thread .

I think it must be some other mod. maybe SoapDM

I personally believe the mentor project is a huge waste of time. The reason partly for wanting match casters for this season's AFL, was to have someone commentate on the games and explain the things that casual players never realized before. Match casted streaming/youtube videos etc. attract more people and reach out to more people a lot faster than doing a 1:1 mentor:trainee thing.

Mentor project should only be established after a stable community / league has been formed. We are still in the early stages of revamping the competitive community and bringing so many new ideas into place just doesn't seem to be worth the time and worth its while.

Just my two cents.

Just to make things a little clear mentor programs are quite dynamic in nature and level of effort the mentor that has to be put in is totally dependent on him, there will be no review committee judging the mentors once he's finished. Mentor's are only there to ease in the transition of pub players into comp community and clear any doubts (if any) of their mentee's.

I've seen some mentors in ETF2L that actually play with their team to help em out, while some of them just tell em stuff and let them practice on their own. So there isn't actually any downside to this program. Just need 10-15 mins a day for a week or two to help out someone.

we can just come up with a list of volunteered people who would want to mentor players/teams so they can look them up. as simple as it gets

Lets get the mentor thing started out right now.. see how it goes.

Someone go make a thread where people can put down their names and shit, link it here for referrence.

We're just going to hook people up here- the allocated pairs will contact each other from there and start rolling. Report back after a week to that thread and discuss what you've done with your mentors/mentees and shit. Obviously there will be varying degrees of success depending if your mentor is useful or useless... See how it goes from there?

EDIT: Future thread maker could leave the registrations on for a couple of days then close "phase one" of this mentor thing once a certain number signs up (first come first server etc). Edit the name-pairs into main post and you're set for the next week. Do have a section of pairs for TOTAL pubbers- and another set of pairs for players already pugging & just want to take their game further by getting specced by mentors who will then advice accordingly. Good luck.

Anyways I think I ammomod will be problem.

Also If any team wants wants help with getting started or just want help on comms/teamplay/class roles I would gladly help. Also I can mentor scout/utility.

Contact me over steam, my id is in my profile here.