welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
yuko

Discussion for Map Pool in AFL4

Foundation:

We're gonna have 5 maps every round. 2 to be eliminated, 2 to be picked then the last being the tiebreaker.

Maps I've been thinking about..

1) cp_granary

2) cp_badlands

3) cp_obscure_final

4) cp_follower

5) cp_gullywash

6) cp_freight_final1

7) cp_gravelpit

8) koth_viaduct

9) cp_mainline_rc6 (version..?)

10) koth_ashville

11) cp_coldfront

12) cp_yukon_final

Initial discussion here, then do a poll at a later date

I think the majority of the community have not heard of ashville lest played it yet. Its not even implemented on the American side yet. (not sure whether esea will implement it this season actually) so i think it would be a little dangerous to include such a map now? Same with coldfront.

Some maps we played before, i think follower should be scrapped (personal opinion) i think the map sorta sucks, not fun to play, huge open spaces everywhere. Despite the initial "hype" I had over obscure, now I don't think its a extremely good map. Its mid point sorta sucks. Not sure now since i heard there have been updates.

not to mention coldfront and ashville aren't even in the servers.

WHERE IS PRO DUSTBOWL LOL. And How did cp_gorge fare this season?

I'd say keep around eight maps (+ gravelpit for finals).

cp_granary

cp_badlands

cp_gullywash_imp3

cp_prolane_??

cp_obscure_final

cp_freight_final1

cp_coldfront

koth_viaduct

More than eight maps is just fucking retarded. Less than six is the same. I'd say every season introduce one new map, and kick out one old one. In the above map pool, i've provided space for cp_coldfront (new) and removed cp_pro_dustbowl. cp_gorge is just gay and imo no one enjoyed it last season cause no one had a fucking clue on how to play it. Coldfront remains a mirror map and there isnt much room for strat changes.

cp_granary

cp_badlands

cp_gullywash_imp3

cp_prolane_??

cp_obscure_final

cp_freight_final1

cp_coldfront

koth_viaduct

More than eight maps is just fucking retarded. Less than six is the same. I'd say every season introduce one new map' date=' and kick out one old one. In the above map pool, i've provided space for cp_coldfront (new) and removed cp_pro_dustbowl. cp_gorge is just gay and imo no one enjoyed it last season cause no one had a fucking clue on how to play it. Coldfront remains a mirror map and there isnt much room for strat changes.

[/quote']

Each week is a new set of maps? Mainline is a new map that I think we should try and some of the epic matches come from Yukon.

yukon i like it personally. But some people say its way too open. But maps are supposed to be different. you cant have everything to be like badlands and granary.

cp_granary

cp_badlands

cp_gullywash_imp3

cp_prolane_??

cp_obscure_final

cp_freight_final1

cp_coldfront

koth_viaduct

More than eight maps is just fucking retarded. Less than six is the same. I'd say every season introduce one new map' date=' and kick out one old one. In the above map pool, i've provided space for cp_coldfront (new) and removed cp_pro_dustbowl. cp_gorge is just gay and imo no one enjoyed it last season cause no one had a fucking clue on how to play it. Coldfront remains a mirror map and there isnt much room for strat changes.

[/quote']

Each week is a new set of maps? Mainline is a new map that I think we should try and some of the epic matches come from Yukon.

No no, I meant that we should every new season, we introduce one new map and kick out one old one. I kicked out cp_pro_dustbowl from the last afl, and introduced coldfront (we could have mainline instead).

cp_granary

cp_badlands

cp_gullywash_imp3

cp_prolane_??

cp_obscure_final

cp_freight_final1

cp_coldfront

koth_viaduct

[/quote']

No no, I meant that we should every new season, we introduce one new map and kick out one old one. I kicked out cp_pro_dustbowl from the last afl, and introduced coldfront (we could have mainline instead).

I meant each round is a set of map pool of 5 maps... so we gotta need more than that.

About time CTF maps should be bring back to the competitive scene in asia. Maybe not the stock maps like well/2fort, but mach4 or something. I'm sure there's plenty of nice ctf maps out there.

About time CTF maps should be bring back to the competitive scene in asia. Maybe not the stock maps like well/2fort' date=' but mach4 or something. I'm sure there's plenty of nice ctf maps out there.

[/quote']

QFT

so to get this discussion on track, everyone is pretty much with maps like badlands, granary.etc. The major concerns are 1) including old maps like pro dustbowl or coldfront. 2) including new maps like mainline and ashville. 3) including ctf maps like turbine and well. Personally I think that the old maps should be included in the map pool, afterall we are doing 5 in pool, 2 elimination. We need a lot more maps to sustain variety in choices and if the teams don't like it, they can simply eliminate it. Change is the only constant in life and I don't think we should keep the maps out simply because no one knows how to play it. In that case, why not have an afl3 all over again instead of an afl4. Having more choices allows lower tier teams to be able to find and hold trump cards to their favor and allow for more dynamic play. Afterall isn't everyone complaining about bl,gran in pugs all the time?

New maps are definitely welcomed in the map pool if they are sufficiently balanced and tried to an extent and for a start, we can include them in the regular pug server map pool to tropicalize them from NA or EU. Once more people play it, they will be able to appreciate it and enjoy it.

Lastly, ctf maps are, like what he said, about high time they get included. Turbine is a very good map and there are many different strategies involved which teams should get to know and practice.

include:

-cp_badlands, granary, freight, follower, gullywash

-koth_viaduct

-ctf_turbine

(PLEASE) dont include: gravelpit, well, prolane/fastlane, gorge, coldfront (last cp isnt as exciting, rest of map also quite boring)

obscure and yukon i dont really play so no comments

If you exclude that many maps, I am afraid you will have a pretty dull map pool for the season. I see a bit of self preference there and it's fine but I do think that we should put the really debatable maps on poll for fairness sake. On a side note, mainline is actually quite a nice map and the Americans play it often, should be worth a try for us too.

While discussing maps, please bear in mind not all servers have/will have . It is entirely up to the admins of the servers what maps they wish to include.

Ok well after some research/looking around I came up with a pretty good map pool. Its a total of eight maps.

cp_badlands

cp_granary

cp_mainline_??

cp_obscure_final

cp_gullywash_imp3

koth_viaduct

cp_fastlane

cp_freight_final1

cp_gravelpit, as decider for playoffs.

Basically what i've done is that i've put in 4 new/custom maps which aren't played too often and 4 old maps which we play daily.

So the idea for selecting maps will be viz.

Week 1:

Team A vs Team B

Team A picks cp_badlands

Team A picks cp_granary

Week 2:

Team A vs Team C:

Team A has to pick a map OTHER than cp_badlands

Team B vs Team D:

Team B has to a map OTHER than cp_granary.

Mainly done to avoid retards from granlanding every fucking time.

hey then whats the point of custom maps if servers are not going to have it? Pretty bullshit if you ask me. We should convince and make sure servers have it.

Ok well after some research/looking around I came up with a pretty good map pool. Its a total of eight maps.

cp_badlands

cp_granary

cp_mainline_??

cp_obscure_final

cp_gullywash_imp3

koth_viaduct

cp_fastlane

cp_freight_final1

cp_gravelpit' date=' as decider for playoffs.

[/quote']

Basically what i've done is that i've put in 4 new/custom maps which aren't played too often and 4 old maps which we play daily.

So the idea for selecting maps will be viz.

Week 1:

Team A vs Team B

Team A picks cp_badlands

Team A picks cp_granary

Week 2:

Team A vs Team C:

Team A has to pick a map OTHER than cp_badlands

Team B vs Team D:

Team B has to a map OTHER than cp_granary.

Mainly done to avoid retards from granlanding every fucking time.

you ELIMINATE before picking?

so you can ELIMINATE either granary or badlands so you don't play both.

your team's choice

We should convince and make sure servers have it.

I'm going to be quote you.

You are going to be very busy, very soon.