This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Ratsyc

Valve fixed old demo playback

A required update to Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

Engine:

- Increased the resilience of client/server data table mismatches when playing back demos. This will make most old demo files playable again, but with potential visual side effects.

Finally?

They broke steam cloud syncing, causing some shit where you have to wait a couple of minutes after opening tf2 before your server lists and server info works correctly. They also havent fixed the new steam interface reducing the sound of applications. The shields on wrangled sentries sometimes persist after the destruction of the sentry, the laz0rz that is emitted is also sometimes the wrong teamcolor. I've also seen a normal sentry deploy at 2.5 seconds but that might have been an isolated case. At random corners of maps, esp the big ones like dustbowl- you can see sentry gun bullets firing.

All this noticed from 1 hour 30 minutes of pubbing.

GG VALVE.

I think valve letting the community report on some of the game deficits is a decent way to go about. It saves them time and effort in testing, plus they fix most of the issues in couple of days.

They fix the balance issues in a few days, but theres alot of long standing issues that no amount of Bug Report tickets sent will change. I have nothing against an imperfect game or anything- its ridiculous to ask for flawlessness. But that doesnt change the fact that its stupid to add new things that break existing functions.

In the meantime I will just QQ on the forums and make sure I have record test;stop bound somewhere handy...

For a game as dynamic as TF2, where central roles of its character are completely changed every couple of months and a development team which keeps its ears open to both the competitive and public aspect of gameplay I find it very hard to imagine dwelling into each and every problem and solve them.

Valve has kept us happy with hats and providing critical updates just in time to get us going. If you were to put it up on a scale I would say the game is tolerable for a very large userbase.

If there is anything to improve' date=' it is our community. Let us unite asia :P

[/quote']

sadly north koreans cant play tf2 thinking it is western propaganda

If there is anything to improve' date=' it is our community. Let us unite asia :P

[/quote']

i am pretty sure one of the rampant trolls online is kim jong II

[/quote']

i am pretty sure one of the rampant trolls online is kim jong II

i know you are