This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
nnnx

Interesting read on testosterone and competitive play

Mutual smack talk is a form of bonding: This can be confusing for the untrained observer, because good friends will often act like they are engaging in dominance behavior by using smack talk. Yet this is just for show. The moment the smack talk actually infringes upon existing expectations of status, the mood of players will change abruptly. You'll often see accusations of one player 'taking it too seriously.' It is a good demonstration of trust to play at dominance, but to actually assert dominance between friends is considered out of bounds.

Link is here

Provides insight towards the ongoings and nature of competitive play and why people rage and make your mom jokes.

The result is an intriguing purification of the community. Only the elite winners stay around. This elite community creates an even more competitive environment that in turn creates and drives out more losers. New players attempting to enter into the community are inevitably of low skill compared to the hardened veterans and are immediately classified as losers. They also leave. Competitive games slowly boil their community down to an elitist core that actively resists and inhibits audience growth.

Provides insight towards the ongoings and nature of competitive play and why people rage and make your mom jokes.

LOL

From my understanding the reasons why people pile so much hate on sam are the following: (this list is by no means exhaustive)

1. Bookmarking of Frags
  2. Imitation of "Pro" Gamer Tags
  3. Dislike of Medic Role
  4. Attention w*h*o*r*e

The above mentioned can be fixed easily I guess.

The player sam is simply unlucky that everything he does provokes someone whether intentional or not. Unlucky.

From my understanding the reasons why people pile so much hate on sam are the following: (this list is by no means exhaustive)

1. Bookmarking of Frags
  2. Imitation of "Pro" Gamer Tags
  3. Dislike of Medic Role
  4. Attention w*h*o*r*e

The above mentioned can be fixed easily I guess.

The player sam is simply unlucky that everything he does provokes someone whether intentional or not. Unlucky.

What about being an immature douche?