This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
heretotroll

mercurial admins (and the lack of them)

Once I while I enjoy stirring stuff up on the forums so here goes.

PICK ROLLERS

Ok so crafted by the whims of the community, there is this amazing new rule that has come up, which IMO is perfect. All it says is pick people who rolled.

I have nothing against this rule, for it is never followed. Many times I have rolled, and not been picked, and I'm fine with that, I'm not complaining. The rule isn't enforced well enough, that's alright nothing is. However, there are a few times I get lucky because my friend is a captain, and he wants to pick me despite the fact that I didn't roll. So here's the problem, I don't get picked despite the fact that I rolled (at times), and when I'm one of the fortunate few to get picked despite not rolling, Mr. Admin comes and says ban if you don't pick rollers.

Basically I'm pointing out the failure of the community to pick out appropriate representatives in the form of admins which proves my general point of how/why the community has failed. I don't expect a reply to this post which further proves my point.

As always I am,

heretotroll. :)

I really don't think the "pick people who rolled" rule is official. Just like the "medfight winner gets free pick" "rule".

From what I've seen, "pick people who rolled" is sort of an agreement between team captains to pick people who rolled and have possibly been waiting(assuming it's a new PuG) rather than people who've just joined.

If it actually is a rule, I would recommend having these things discussed and confirmed on the forums first rather than arbitrarily enforcing new rules with no way for a random person to ascertain whether or not they're legitimate.

Yea I agree with FUZZ, as much as rolling and not getting picked may suck, it's not official and by no means should you feel entitled to a spot on a team if you've rolled.

I was going to address your argument but I read it over again and noted many contradictions and fallacies. So much so that I'm going to regard your post as a troll post.

Picking those who rolled like fuzz said is an unofficial rule. New players such as myself just have to realise that when your just starting out dont expect to get picked. Be patient, watch the pugs to learn and then make the best out of your +1. I know it can be very frustrating when you take the time to sit in a server and wind up not getting picked when "pros" join after the roll. Such is life and all you can do is suck it up and get yourself to a level where you skill warrants you to be picked.

puzz

I'd like to make a suggestion for a rule that will be more fair(in certain cases) and overall speed up the picking process during pugs.

"Med captains are limited to picking PLAYERS CURRENTLY IN THE SERVER."

On countless occasions you'll see a med captain endlessly wasting everyone's time so he/she can get a friend in to stack, play med for them, or what have you. For example, if someone joins the server right after the BLU med captain has picked, that player is eligible to be picked.

Of course you'll have people attempting to drag the picking stage on for things like this(pretending to be afk, etc), but it would be nice to have this rule enforced within a specific time limit(maybe 1-2 minutes max for a pick?) when admins are around, at least.