welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
ding

SUPER NICE ESSAY BY XGN FOUNDER RFNV

"The Divine Wind"

by Joshua Chen (4E4)

"For the emperor and for Japan!" screamed a Japanese pilot as he slammed his plane into an American aircraft carrier. These were his last words, like every other Japanese martyr who came before him.

The year was 1945, and the Japanese, who were running out of food, ammunition, raw materials and skilled personnel were on the verge of defeat, but they refused to back down. Every member of Japan's armed forces swore to defend their nation, their emperor, their fellow countrymen and most importantly, the pride of Japan.

"Dear mother, do not worry about me," Harada wrote as he shed a single tear.

"By the time you read this letter I'd probably be dead," Harada continued.

"But mother, do not grieve, as my death is for the greater good. I have faith in our nation. My death is just a small sacrifice in the fight against the vile American pigs. We will crush them! I am also sure that you, as a mother, would be proud to see news of your son's glorious sacrifice spreading."

"Do not grieve for me. From your loving son, Harada."

Harada set his pen down and thought of how he would bring glory to his nation and his family. He truly felt that what was going to follow was indeed for the greater good.

Japan was running out of skilled pilots and ammunition, and their desperate solution to that was to send pilots with very basic training on suicide missions. So far, the tactic had been quite successful. It was cheaper and took less time to fill planes with explosives and flammable materials and crash them into targets than it was to build fighter planes and train pilots. the "kamikaze" tactic also had another advantage: there were many young men like Harada who were willing to die for Japan.

Harada listened intently as he and the rest of his squadron were briefed on their mission. It would be the kamikaze pilots' first and last sortie. They were to crash their planes into their target, an American convoy of ships. Failure was not an option, as there were aircraft carriers in the convoy. Japan would be completely vulnerable to bombings and air strafes if they failed, and that would spell certain defeat for her.

Harada retired to his bunk. That night would be the last he'd ever see in his life. He took a swig from his small flask of rice wine, and took the time to think deeply.

'Kamikaze... what a fitting name. We are the divine wind that will sweep the disgusting American pigs away!' Kamikaze was Japanese for "divine wind".

When Harada woke up at dawn, he poured himself a cup of tea and sipped it slowly while he enjoyed the sunrise. The pilots would soon be sacrificing their own insignificant lives for the great emperor of Japan.

The planes that the kamikaze pilots flew were built to ensure that the mere act of taking off would entail crossing the point of no return. The planes were filled to the brim with explosives and flammables, and they did not have landing gears.

Harada had taken off and was now airborne. He was closing in on his target. He pushed the joystick forward, and his plane plunged. Harada guided his plane towards the American aircraft carrier. The plane was descending with blistering speed, and the monotonous buzz of the engine had turned into a shrill howl.

All of a sudden. Harada saw an American fighter closing in on him in his rear view mirror, with its wing-mounted machine guns blazing. The Americans had compromised Japanese military communications. They knew beforehand that the Japanese were coming. They were prepared.

Harada's plane was hit. The American pilot who had been pursuing him was very skilled and had hit his engines with pinpoint precision. Harada looked around as his plane spun out of control, and saw that all of his compatriots were similarly being pursued by American fighters.

"My emperor, I've failed you!" screamed Harada as his plane hit the water, missing the American ship by a few metres.

ALSO BY RFNV aka joshua chen

- "I actually hate japan"

The lack of complex sentences and the placement of commas before the coordinating conjunction "and" makes this essay appalling in my eyes.

It is ok to put "and" after commas. Real authors do it all the time. There is no definite rule on it if the sentence involved is not a list, authors can use it to achieve a "pause" effect often seen in speech. Complex sentences is really about personal preference, some people prefer simple sentences to get their point across, it is more natural.

I know wikipedia sucks, but whatever : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_comma

This is not my essay, but i am just trying to be a nice guy here.

HARUHI REALLY? I always thought you were around the losing end of that curve.

MADMAN WTH DUN DELETE.

O levels are srs bznz

doing well for Os mean you do well for life right? RIGHT?

EDIT: I just read it. Lack of complex sentences, paragraphing, weird pace (like how it keeps switching from narrative to monologues of random people) and comma spam and other punctuation errors (' instead of " , before "). But what really makes a good story is the authors personal voice; the 'SLAM' of reading a story. I felt this completely lacked impact, point or direction- it just screams "I CAN WRITE ENGLISH, HIGH MARK PLS". Like all those cunts out there now publishing novels just to make money instead of actually telling a story worth telling. Just my 2c; that you have to be vain and be able to be proud that your name and a bit of you is on every written work as opposed to just writing for any less noble gain.

*goes back into character*

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT AND WHY SHOULDNT I DELETE THIS.

O levels are srs bznz

doing well for Os mean you do well for life right? RIGHT?

EDIT: I just read it. Lack of complex sentences' date=' paragraphing, weird pace (like how it keeps switching from narrative to monologues of random people) and comma spam and other punctuation errors (' instead of " , before "). But what really makes a good story is the authors personal voice; the 'SLAM' of reading a story. I felt this completely lacked impact, point or direction- it just screams "I CAN WRITE ENGLISH, HIGH MARK PLS". Like all those cunts out there now publishing novels just to make money instead of actually telling a story worth telling. Just my 2c; that you have to be vain and be able to be proud that your name and a bit of you is on every written work as opposed to just writing for any less noble gain.

*goes back into character*

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT AND WHY SHOULDNT I DELETE THIS.

[/quote']

single inverted commas for thoughts. i wrote this for an assignment and i thought it was rather amusing that the school told me to type it out and email it to them so that they could publish it in a collection of the school's "best essays" - i didn't like this myself. i showed it to ma' niggas in teh clan and they copypasta'd it here. holy fuck i wouldn't show this off.

GP is srz bznz.

If anything, GP is even more faceroll. All you have to do is spew dogma textbook shit out like a pedantic cocksucker. Add in several skewered points of view and some pseudo-I-disagree-with-the-system shitcounterpoint and your highforeheadstiffupperlip 'essay' is fucking complete with silver spoon stuck up your ass.

You can do GP essays while standing for 15 minutes in morning assembly on the day of submission itself.

in other news

hey lok at me im an elite

GP is srz bznz.

If anything' date='[b'] I-like-to-hypenate-my-words.[/b]

You can do GP essays while standing for 15 minutes in morning assembly on the day of submission itself.

Get off my back we?'re trolling haruhi in this thread' date=' not me.

[/quote']

either u have multiple personality disorder, or this shit is creepy.

Get off my back we?'re trolling haruhi in this thread' date=' not me.

[/quote']

either u have multiple personality disorder, or this shit is creepy.

l2count idiot

stfu all you cunts

let me present you the real deal

haiku:

ch3rry is indian.

ch3rry is really indian.

ch3rry is indian.

that is all