This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Greaver

The Week In Review - Greaver vs The News

ukdk5nbj.52q.png

p><p>[b]Welcome to Greaver vs The News for this week. I know you all missed my column last week but I was busy having my mouth violated by a dental surgeon, luckily my last column was so long a few of you no doubt just stumbled out of it and into this one so kick back and check out what

asiafortress preface - Hi everyone I'm Greaver and I do a weekly news segment for ozfortress and nzfortress, I will be cross posting it here for those who find it interesting and while it is aimed at the ozfortress community there should be plenty of interesting news for everyone so chuck me some feedback below.

The Sydney Gamers League held SGL6 LAN this weekend at the Rosehill Gardens Exhibition Center which provided a 4000 square meter air conditioned complex for hundreds of gamers to invade. ozfortress was out in force with multiple teams signing up for some tight lan action culminating in an epic grand final, you can catch the live casts courtesy of Gamestah here and there will be high-def post produced VoDs available on GreaverTV in the coming days for those who couldn't attend.

---

Kritzkast has taken an active interest in Australasian TF2 lately and our very own wm spent more an hour being interviewed by our friends at Kritzkast last week. During the interview they covered all sorts of topics applicable to Australasian TF2 in general and spent a long time talking about ozfortress itself and the role it plays both in Australasia and the international stage - it is an extremely interesting interview with many a laugh too so make sure you check it out. Shoutout to wm for stepping up for an interview with a news show that gets up to 20,000 views each week!

Check out the link below where you can stream or download the interview

[align=center]wm on Kritzkast!

---[/align]

Gamers United pushed the envelope this past weekend with a trans-tasman competition that pitted New Zealand and Australias best pub stars against each other for the right to call themselves the dominant TF2 nation. Featuring a mixture of current, once loved and down right crazy game types this is one to watch so check out the format and the VODs below and if haven't already head on over to Gamers United and check out their community.

[align=center]Badwater – Highlander 9v9 - no whitelist

Foundry – 8 vs 8 - ozfl unlock, 2 classlimit for each class

Fastlane – 10 vs 10 - 6x Soldier, 4x Kritz Medic

-----

http://iforce.co.nz/i/0iyudqqd.5kd.png' alt='0iyudqqd.5kd.png'>

ozfortress News[/align]

The big news this past week has been the OWL7 maps list and unlocks list which as always are a source of great debate within the community, there was plenty of debate in the discussion threads from players of all skill levels and the outcome seems to be mainly positive which is a great start to an exciting upcoming season.

[align=center]Allowed Unlocks:

Boston Basher

Gunboats

Equalizer

Pain Train

The Crusader's Crossbow

Kritzkrieg

Übersaw

The Amputator

Cloak and Dagger

All Weapon skins of the any permitted weapons & unlocks.

All hats & miscellaneous items apart from Bombinomicon. Other hats/misc items with effects may be removed.

Maps List:

koth_pro_viaduct_rc3

cp_badlands

cp_gravelpit

cp_granary

koth_ashville_rc1

cp_snakewater

cp_warmfront

cp_gullywash_final1

[/align]

OZFL this week saw BH stomp e-weasel gaming with a 4:1 victory while TD delivered a crushing 5:1 to Su

[align=center]Round 72 - TITLE MATCH: iM defeats << via forfeit

Round 72 - TITLE SHOT: vR defeats vsn 5:1

-----

0o42ybgx.3mf.png

asiafortress News[/align]

Now for a new addition to my weekly news post - I will be mixing asiafortress in and alternating between them and nzfortress so I can provide news and casting coverage from as many oceanic fortress community's as possible so keep an eye out each week to hear about our sister community's and see them in action.

Asiafortress has just recently finished up their fifth asiafortress league with epic action in both divisions making for awesome grand finals. We will hopefully have some video coverage of the finals up shortly so everyone can check them out.

[align=center]AFL Division 1

1st: LovelySweetDream

2nd: MeGustaEsports

3rd: Rape and Run

AFL Division 2

1st: ikea stickies

2nd: PGTF2

3rd: define. TF2

As if that weren't enough asiafortress also held their second Ultiduo competition which finished up just before the Chinese new year - you can find the results below!

AF Ultiduo II Competition Standings

1st place - Kuso Scout (Toki, Namida and Cheerio)

2nd place - THEDARKFORCE (Hcaz and xe)

3rd place - Passive me, Aggressive You (Bigfoot, Kig and cobalt)

4th place - 13337 (Tharnos, jR and ripple)

-----

mpck5w1m.pc5.png

ESEA Intermediate and Open League Playoffs[/align]

Xensity learnt a tough lesson this week when the league admins designated their rescheduled match with a Levianthan Gaming a forfeit even though a time was arranged due to a post-season match still being a scheduled match, things aren't too clear at the moment but a close 5:4 win by LASER BEAMS over 90lg will certainly be raising their spirits and the game was an awesome watch. eXtv covered plenty of action this week so check out the VODS below.

Before that though eXtv hosted a New Map eXhibition match this week on cp_standin_b9 and cp_croissant_b10 with top level and generally GC Intermediate teams Mayhem and BeyBladers duking it out and joining myself, shadowpuppet and map creators Scorpiouprising and Arnold respectively for prematch and post match thoughts about the maps.

Mayhem vs BeyBladers - Croissant_b10 -> Stand_b9 w/ map makers

[align=center]ESEA VODs

eXtv w/t Trekkie from HRG - Mobility Gaming vs 90lg - ESEA IM end of season

cp_granary

eXtv w/t Trekkie from HRG - Slanted Eyebrows vs Witness 40lb - ESEA Open end of season

cp_granary

eXtv - Washed Up Gaming vs Dinosaurs - ESEA IM Playoffs

koth_pro_viaduct_rc3

And ofcourse make sure you check out this weeks edition of eXtravision - the recently launched eXtv show that covers all sorts of major TF2 news. Make sure you watch it just for 'Letters to Robin' - Hilarious

eXtravision Episode #3 - Letter Robin and assorted news

[amoff]

[/amoff]

-----

ndat3mza.3o3.png

ETF2L Season 11 Kicks Off[/align]

The European scene is alight as the eleventh ETF2L season kicks off this week with an absolutely monstrous list of teams spread across 6 regular divisions and their Premier division.

If you want to boggle your mind at the number of teams in this competition cast your eyes over the Provisional Divisions and the Division Tables.

Season 11 Map Schedule

Week 1 – cp_badlands and cp_snakewater

Week 2 – cp_snakewater and cp_gullywash_final1

Week 3 – cp_gullywash_final1 and cp_freight_final1

Week 4 – cp_freight_final1 and cp_granary

Week 5 – cp_granary and cp_badlands

Week 6 – cp_badlands and cp_gravelpit

Week 7 – cp_gravelpit and cp_gullywash_final1

Playoffs

Playoffs will be held between March 18th and March 31st

Premier Division Playoffs

4th vs 3rd: March 18th – March 24th

Winner vs 2nd: March 25th – March 31st or sooner

Winner vs 1st: April 1st – April 7th or sooner

[align=center]If you have feedback or if there is news you would like to see covered or any game you would like to see coverage of post below - Have a good week people ^_^

-----[/align]

nice write up greaver. asia being as big as it is has very little to cover, though there is as to my knowledge an active korean league on going and there was a friend match between team best korea and team japan just a couple days ago.