This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
thelousy

Announcement

To everyone who is concerned with asiafortress and the future of asiafortress.com, this is going to be a long one.

Some of you may or may not have realized that I have assumed a directing role for asiafortress starting from last week. I'm also aware that the majority of you do not know much about me and why I am doing this and certain acts that I may have performed.

I have always been in the sidelines of AFL since AFL2 was started and am in fact a competitive player since 2009. Just that after AFL 2, I had decided to focus 100% on my studies, which explains my "absence" from the community. But that does not mean I'm clueless about what has been going through the website and events planned by people in the community. What I had observed was that there was nobody to manage AFL as a whole, even though people were taking the initiative to plan event for the community. This has made me decide that someone has to take charge of this and direct asiafortress in the right direction. So here I am.

Of late, I had created a thread in the admin forums to see who are still willing to continue on with the goal of "for the community" and gave a 5 day dateline to allow them to decide whether they want to stay or not. All these done, so that we can finally have a proper staffing with a proper direction at mind. However, some of them did not reply and therefore I had removed their access to the admin forums. I have nothing against all of you personally, in fact I'm sure everyone's grateful for everything you guys had done for the community.

Especially to the following people who have contributed selflessly:

Emir - For the publicity during the Master's Cup and handling AFA single handedly amidst RL and online issues

Cameron/Madman - For all that you've done for AFL since god knows when, seriously.

Teal - For assisting all the event planners with all those awesome gfx.

Agent K - For providing servers when emir needed them the most and for providing servers now, even it is beyond AFA.

Branster/yuko/nmy/whatever ninomiya fanboy nick you're using now - For helping those who were in their greatest needs during events, and helping out whenever you can

CM/ceemee - For supporting all the events planners these past events by being who you are

Hcaz - For running the recent Master's League and Cup. Without you, there wouldn't have been such excitement for competitive TF2 in months.

Nata - For holding the fort of asiafortress (no pun intended) since god knows when, even if things did not run smoothly.

You guys are awesome and I know you do it cause you guys care. I really <3 you guys. But we have got to stop acting the way we are, all because of the emotions that has been running high because of all the mixed opinions flying all around. We have got to stop all these prejudices and work towards the same goal.

I sincerely apologise to all who felt betrayed and insulted by my actions in the admin offices. I hope you understand why I did what I did and we can go past that.

In conclusion, I invite you guys to come back to the staff and help out with events planning and other stuffs. Meanwhile if you choose to continue hating me for whatever unintended reason, that's fine too but im here to stay to ensure that there's some form of control in the desolated admin office that we have at this moment. To those new and wish to contribute, feel free to contact me as well. I really hope we can work together and start something new afresh. I also honestly hope that everyone can see that the community not only encompasses the competitive scene, but also the non-competitive scene. Please play nice now with each other now.

tl;dr

I've always been here and will be here to stay even if you guys wanna hate. I've done what I've done to ensure that we can do stuff for the community. I sincerely apologize to those who have selflessly contributed in one way or another and may have trodded on your toes. If you want back in, just contact me.

To those that can't be bothered with the above WOT:

Bigfoot/Sandvich Fort is holding a 2v2 Bball Competition, information can be found in the following thread: http://asiafortress.com/thread-1783.html Registration starts 9th October at the Sandvich Fort website! It is time to start finding that soldier buddy of yours and show-off some crazy rocket jumps and air shots!

Sign in to follow this