This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
ding

Tape Fix for Lift Off Distances of ALL MICE.

I know many of you probably know this. But i found a particular kind of tape that fixes lift off distance the best.

Its called the 3M Scotch Magic Tape.

Photoon2011-09-23at1945.jpg

This tape works best because of its matte finish and resulting translucent nature. Using a clear scotch tape will require you to apply three to five layers for maximum effect while a Magic Tape will only require one layer. Surgical tape and masking tape do not work and are not similar to magic tape, they are opaque.

Anyway. I recently bought a Logitech G400. The LOD was alright, but still i realised sometimes there was still significant movement when i lift my mouse off the mouse pad. So i did a test.

Before applying tape, my mouse had a lift off distance of 3 CDs high.

So after applying the tape over my sensor as so:

Photoon2011-09-23at19492.jpg

The LOD became only 1 CD high.

So if you are one of those people with a mouse that has an incredibly uncomfortable lift off distance, go get yourself some magic tape.

Oh and please note, this fix will not affect tracking in ANY WAY as far as I know. But the tape, if not applied properly, or if your mouse feet is really thin, may scratch your mousepad.

Edit: I tested again. The mouse's lift off distance was so low with the magic tape that it could only track when the mouse feet contacted the mousepad.

Sign in to follow this