This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
yuko

Mentor Program [Registration]

Okay, decided that the mentor program would be a great initiative to help the new teams get to a better standard than what they are right now.

2 Kinds of Mentoring Approach

Individual

A consultative approach between applicants and mentors to address specific class/role issues. As a general guide, a mentoring session will last between 30-45 mins. The purpose of individual mentoring is to help players with very specific issues, not to teach you how to play the entire class from scratch. If you're a demo wanting to improve your spire defense, feel free to apply. If you're a demo who doesn't know what spire is, come back in 6 months.

Team

A wider-reaching approach where the mentor becomes embedded with your team by playing in scrims, coaching on mumble, giving post-scrim debrief sessions etc. Mentors are able to address a range of issues over a longer period of time, and help a larger number of players improve through their mentoring. Mentors can sub in scrims to demonstrate how to play a particular role, improve other team areas such as rollout/attacking/defending, and help to improve team communication.

Rules of the mentoring programme:

1. Mentors are not obligated to fulfill your request. If your availability doesn't match ours, or you (and your team) have a history of being a jerk, you will miss out.

2. Don't harass your mentors.

3. And for mentors, if you decided to take on this job. Put in your all and help the team/ player achieve the best they can.

Application:

1. Player/Team Name

2. Availability

3. Desired Mentor

4. Specific areas you need help in.

All mentors-wannabes please drop me a PM, so I can update the mentor list ASAP for the applicants to use as reference in their application.

Mentors please apply in this format:

1. Name

2. Areas you wish to mentor

3. Availability

4. Past Experiences?

Current Mentor List

1. Yuko

- General team communication, strategies

- Medic

2. Wish

- Team, Individuals

- Demoman

Currently Mentoring:

3. Audi0

- General team communication, strategies

- Scout, Sniper

4. Hcaz

- Anything related to TF2

5. Nnnx

- TEAM Skills: 6v6 Basics, Introduction to Pushing, Uber-Management and Turtle tactics.

6. Flare

- Soldier

Currently Mentoring:

- Astatine

Please give this programme your all, to make it a resounding success. Thanks.

Since no one really knows who you are in-game, would it be possible for you to provide your steam link, it would be easier for the mentors to add you and speak to you.

Also brandon, add his name up to the list if audio agrees.

Since no one really knows who you are in-game' date=' would it be possible for you to provide your steam link, it would be easier for the mentors to add you and speak to you.[hr']

Also brandon, add his name up to the list if audio agrees.

let me get my computer back from the seductively boyish repairman first.

then i'll talk to audio.

Jack: you can enter your steam id in your profile settings and you should see a steam icon pop up at the bottom of your postbit information.

can i learn the ways of the solly from flare?

im already mentoring astatine but i think could help you too, depends on what you want!

drop me a pm to check if im free (im seldom free)

i need mentoring in everything ._. or maybe something like HOW NOT TO RUN INTO CRIT ROCKETS WHEN I HAVE UBER READY. thanks ._.

l2rightclick

i need mentoring in everything ._. or maybe something like HOW NOT TO RUN INTO CRIT ROCKETS WHEN I HAVE UBER READY. thanks ._.

l2rightclick

cant i like running into shiny objects.