This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
yuko

Results for Unlockables Banned in AFL IV

It should also be noted that the thing about the "one bullet" is natasha slows you regardless of how many times you are hit. Be it one "chink" spammed across the stage or point blank dps. Natasha brings the slow, the stun and reduction in game speed all in one package - and does so in a way that lowers the skill ceiling of the game for the user and his team. I don't see how you can put any sort of argument forward that a Sentry does the same - it doesn't do so on Gravelpit if a team can execute their pushes correctly, just as it does on any map. A sentry is 99/100% a tool to force a wasted uber and turn it into a game of repushes, which few teams are nearly as good at as standard pushes.

Natascha has so much more of an impact on the speed of a game than that, mostly because it's a hitscan weapon that is under the direct control of a player and so much more abusable.

It should also be noted that the thing about the "one bullet" is natasha slows you regardless of how many times you are hit. Be it one "chink" spammed across the stage or point blank dps. Natasha brings the slow' date=' the stun and reduction in game speed all in one package - and does so in a way that lowers the skill ceiling of the game for the user and his team. I don't see how you can put any sort of argument forward that a Sentry does the same - it doesn't do so on Gravelpit if a team can execute their pushes correctly, just as it does on any map. A sentry is 99/100% a tool to force a wasted uber and turn it into a game of repushes, which few teams are nearly as good at as standard pushes.

Natascha has so much more of an impact on the speed of a game than that, and because it's a hitscan weapon that is under the direct control of a player, so much more abusable.

[/quote']

^raceest

so... critacola is still on the table for discussion... or everyone agrees it should be there? and buff banner...

I'm not sure if the poll was edited after this thread was made... but if you check the results, critacola had quite a few votes to be banned.

So... I guess the poll was just for fun.. and the results thread is not results of the poll, but the results of the decisions.

If the poll was amended after this thread, then just ignore my comments.

Clarifying the rules on the bonk and cola. ONLY ONE DRINK IS ALLOWED at a time- either cola or bonk.

As for the votes, they do tally (those with 10

Crit-a-cola, despite having quite a number of votes against it- was tested quite abit in several games. Its pretty much fine as long as its capped at one, and the other scout shouldnt be allowed to have bonk to shield the vulnerable scout. The only other item that was allowed despite the voting would be the frontier justice- which again when tested by some of us (frankly only me for this unlock, but others share my sentiments) 3 rounds is a serious tradeoff even with the crits which have to be earned.

The buff banner did not really get a strong no, and although it was disallowed in the previous seasons- it was mostly due to its newness and it has proven to be quite difficult to charge in a 6v6 setting.

These three items, going by the 'more established' leagues' idea of allow-unlocks-that-do-not-slow-the-game, are just put in anyway so we can try them around for a season. If there is really a need to, mid season bans are always possible.

anyway KGB deserves a second look. I guess we'll reopen a vote for it only.

Isn't there a bug with the buff banner however? That allows you to "charge" damage without having the weapon equipped, and then equip it? If that bug still exists it might give a legitimate reason for a ban - can someone check and verify this?

Sign in to follow this