This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
yuko

Discussion for Unlockables Disallowed in AFL4

Which weapon do you think should be banned in AFL4?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which weapon do you think should be banned in AFL4?

• Sandman
    • Crit A Cola
    • Natascha
    • Buff Banner (Discussable - 1 per team?)
    • Pain Train
    • Tribalman's Shiv
    • Wrangler
    • Frontier Justice
    • Gunslinger/Southern Hospitality
    • Gunboats

An eye for an eye makes the world blind my friend.

that. was. beautiful.

So is my -1 my friend. If u get my drift.

:).

You forgot to give Gandhi the credit. ;)

kisses and hugs lead to sex.

Don't tell me you dont like sex. Even if its with a seductively boyish person.

I think what cobalt was saying was how it is possible to kill a good normal heavy, but much much harder if it was a natascha heavy.

I think Natascha should be up for discussion because TF2 is a game about mobility, and when you can slow someone down to the point of hardly moving at all, the -25% is negligible. Speed is so important for every class so in my opinion weapons like the sandman and Natascha upset the balance of competitive play.

Robin Walker was hinting towards a nerf for the Natascha if anyone read PC Gamer so maybe it will be 'fixed', so to speak, by the time season 4 starts but as it stands now it's debatable.

Completely independently of balance or how easy it is to use, thinking about natascha should involve what it takes and gives to the game. Personally, I don't see why Natascha really gives anything to the game, and it certainly makes the game less enjoyable for anyone who gets hit by it. Fundamentally, it more or less acts as a stun which takes away most of your control. The end product is tremendously frustrating weapon which in my experience goes a long way towards ruining the game for everybody. No other unlock beyond the sandman in it's original form really has that kind of power.

It's also an absolute fucking nightmare if you get hit by it and you're over 80-90 ping, because weird jerky shit starts happening with your movement/aim. Anyone over 150 will probably suffer an epileptic seizure and/or want to brain themselves against a wall. It really does make something that's quite annoying, much worse.

Natasha's fine... I don't think I've played in scrims where a Natasha heavy made a real big difference to the winning/losing of a game...

I still don't really know what engineer unlocks do... so no comments.. but wrangler is bad O_O

Completely independently of balance or how easy it is to use' date=' thinking about natascha should involve what it takes and gives to the game. Personally, I don't see why Natascha really gives, and it certainly makes the game less enjoyable for anyone who gets hit by it. Fundemntally, it more or less acts as a stun which takes away most of your control. The end product is tremendously frustrating weapon which in my experience goes a long way towards ruining the game for everybody. No other unlock beyond the sandman in it's original form really has that kind of power.

It's also an absolute fucking [i']nightmare[/i] if you get hit by it and you're over 80-90 ping, because weird jerky shit starts happening with your movement/aim. Anyone over 150 will probably suffer an epileptic seizure and/or want to brain themselves against a wall. It really does make something that's quite annoying, much worse.

Good job yukari. ECHO THAT NIGS.

wait wait. whats the hate wif the frontier justice about?

its pretty Underpowered if u ask me. And in a 6v6 setting, it very difficult to get the crits anyways.

Wrangler and gunslinger should definitely be out.

I was spectating a gpit match and at B someone had wrangler on defence. A solly jumped and just got juggled in the air :(

And not only that, it has BS unlimited range.

Guest Sultan Of Cake

Hope to see something new in AFL4... Sure some of them are OP... But the rest... You just need different tactics to deal with.

RESULTS

RESULTS

[align=center]UNLOCKABLES BANNED

Scout

Sandman is banned.

Crit-A-Cola and Bonk (Only one per team)

Soldier

Buff Banner (Only one per team)

Heavy

Natascha is banned.

Killing Gloves of Boxing is banned.

Engineer

Wrangler is banned.

Gunslinger is banned.

All other unlockables are allowed.[/align]

Wrangler's OP just for the fact that you need to commit at least 4+ guys with uber to take it down and then have everyone die when the opponent does a counter-uber.

Brandon come in please and resolve everything. We need you to make some calls. if its final and not up to be entertained i don't see the point of the posts here.

What is there to resolve? Reopen the KGB polls that is all; ive explained the rationale for almost everything in the other thread.