This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Madman

PRE-AFL2 COMMUNITY EVENT (9v6)

[/b]Alrighty event more or less a success. Pubbers1 won 7-6 against the pugger1 in goldrush. Puggers1 then rolled pubbers 5-1 in badlands, the second map which ended the session in a tie :D Pubber2 beat Pugger2 in both dustbowl and gran. Anyway in spite of the server crashes in the second game I hope everyone had fun. Stay tuned hopefully we can plan more. Airshot get the demos of the first match up please.

Hi, we're organizing a pre-season event ON THE 26th OF MARCH STARTING 08:30 PM (GMT+8) that involves the standard pubber (thats you!) being able to play against competitive TF2 teams. Essentially a team of 9 pubbers playing with highlander-class restrictions (thats one of every class) would play against a team of comp players on two maps- the first map is a free pick (all maps/gametypes will be allowed) by the highlander team and the second map will be a FIVE CP map of the competitive players' choice.

A 1v1 bat fight before each match up will decide which map is played first and the winning team also decides a 3rd tiebreaker map if required.

To register simply post your nick in-game along with your steam ID and a link to your steam community profile- if there are any preferred classes do state them. If you wish to register as a group or semi-full group; for example you just want to 'lock' yourself with two buddies and wouldnt mind having 6 other unknowns simply submit all 3 of your details in one post. Remember you can always edit new members into your post as long as its done before the deadline, 24th of March 2010.

Your steam ID is found by typing 'status' in your console when connected to a server.

So the 4things you need are:

1)In-game nick

2)Nmerical steam ID

3) link to your profile page

4) preferred classes

5) Specify if you wish to take part as a pubber or on the competitive side. If your entire (scrim) team wants to take part simply copy and paste the post you made from the AFL2 signups that would be nice.

Remember, friends in one post.

My steam ID if you need to contact me http://steamcommunity.com/id/madmansmonologue

Edit: CHECK BACK ON THIS THREAD FOR MATCH SCHEDULING AND RESULTS AND DEBRIEFING LOLOL CAMERON HASNT SLEPT IN 2 DAYS AND IS TALKING TO HIMSELF IN 3RD PERSON. OK I WILL CHECK BACK CAM.

EDIT2: The event is now 08:30 pm changed from 07:30, later means more people can make it and its not as difficult for the indians to join too.

EDIT3: Hi puggers, stop cheating by signing up as pubbers- I'm watching you™.

This post will be updated accordingly.

Current registrations -

Pubbers -

1) Jon

2) Panzer

3) Ar5is.

4) ::Renaissance::

5) Sultan.Of.Cake.

6) XkaOnslaught

7) Hanny Krypt

8) Strifemare Oster

9) Grammar Medic

10) Bromine Dewrad

11) Kig

12) Leon

13) Awesomeface

14) Afrotoast

15) Moi

16) Agnes B

17) Commodore

Competitive Side -

1) Olafur

2) nnnta

3) adsf

4) bigfoot (reg. as pub)

5) FIR (reg. as pub, will drop out if high ping)

6) [W40k]Life

7) yuko.c

8) Vitaliy

9) ch3rry

10) deadpris

11) nnnx

12) Goodhands^^

13) ceemie

14) FIR Jr

15) Trauma

16) deliaren (Cobalt)

CLASS RESTRICTIONS FOR PUB TEAM HAS BEEN REMOVED. AS LONG AS THERE IS ONLY ONE MEDIC AND ONE DEMO AND ONE HEAVY AT A TIME, ITS COOL

Also, if some random people PM me during the day itself; be it late signups or anything- be prepared for a 6 v 9++. I'm SURE you guys can handle it :DDD

Finally, the below blah blah is just temporal- feel free to switch classes for the comp side. Last few to sign up are used as subs.

FINALLY, be prepared for a third round or whatever for those who wanna stay late we can organize a third match impromtu no problem.

Also admins, requesting for STV asap so team 1 can spec 2 and team 2 can spec 1.

TEAM ONE: 08:45 PM GMT+8 ASIAFORTRESS SERVER

Map 1: PL_GOLDRUSH

Map 2:

PUBBER TEAM ONE

1 Renny

2 Cake

3 Onslaught

4 Krypt

5 Oster

6 AwesomeFace

7 Afro

8 Commodore

9 Bigfoot

10 Robzta

PUG ONE

SCOUTS Div ADSF

DEMO nnnta

SOLLIES nnnx Bran

MED Life

TEAM TWO: 9:45 PM GMT+8 ASIAFT SERVER

MAP 1:

MAP 2:

PUBBER TEAM TWO

1 Jon

2 Panzer

3 Ari5s

4 Bromine D

5 Moi

6 iFreedom

7 Kig

8 Leon

9 Agnes

10 Grammar Medic

PUG TWO

SCOUTS sam pris

DEMO Cherry

SOLLIES fir cee

MED NEED SUB FOR MED.

EDIT: Lets have a round 3; for whoever is on. Cos panda and netto wants in too :D

SUBS FOR ANY TEAM IF NEEDED: Trauma/Cobalt

meh just pm me if anything

PS I NEED SOME ASIAFORTRESS CHUMPS TO HELP ME RUN THE SHOW. Help to organize people into STV and shit- ill most likely be in the live match. all the admins and stuff on that day please be on mumble.

FIR

STEAM_0:0:17916374

FIR

Soldier/Huntsman Sniper/WM1+M2 pyro

Pubber.

This depends entirely on my stupid malaysian ping, which now loves to give me 700+ ping to starhub/eclub servers, and an amazing 1000+ to BestGN servers. So get an extra pubber to join just incase my internet fucks up :|

can you puggers please stop registering at pubbers? I don't know if you find it funny or whatever.. its plain retarded.

Bright.

Unlike you, some of us here think we aint good enough for the team of 6.

So what if we register as pubbers? It's because we know that if we do go for the team fo six, we'd probably get flamed/insulted for not having the 'skill' cut out for the team of six. In short, we suck, and we know it.

Though bigfoot is a bloody exception to that.

This isnt about skill or winning. Playing with class restrictions in a team of 6 does not make you pro- nor does it mean goldrush players suck. As long as you know that there is such a way to play with 6 players and still be really effective, thats good enough to play on the pugger side. I wont stop anyone from registering as whatever side- at the end of the day I might have to 'force' some players into the pub/pug side depending on amount of players taking part.

Oh those puggers/scrimmers who are signing up for pubbers, you do know what you are doing is rather detrimental to the PURPOSE of this event, which is to intergrate as many pubbers and competitive-style players as possible.

I don't know what others think, but if you think you are not skillful enough to play in the team of 6, then don't signup... instead of taking the slots which the pubbers should be getting.

I think pugger can register as pubber, but at the end of the day, we should prioritize by fielding in the real pubber to the team of 9 first then the pugger or mix them up if the turn up so good that there are enough players for more than 1 team.

i'm kinda registering for the fun of it, so considering i already know about competitive tf2, feel free to skip me for a real "no competitive experience at all" pubber.

I have played competitively, but that was at least a year ago (not to mention I'm on the lower side of the skill tree :( ), haven't touched TF2 much except in the last couple of weeks.

Nick: Strifemare

STEAM_0:0:16414582

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/strifemare

Class: Medic / Soldier

Pubber