This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
kushhh

exhaust config + hud

Yeah, that's a reason why i keep it at 61, to mimic vsync without actually using the performance power for the gpu, but watevs, modify the config as you like.

from the vavle developer wiki

"This is a ConVar you can enter in to limit your frames per second. It is recommended that you limit your frames to the refresh rate of your monitor, because any frame rate above that is wasted. "

i dont get u cobotl

what i mean is that if i play at a capped fps it is less smooth for me

dunno why even tho my comp can support 200 fps in dx 9 i prefer 500 fps in dx 8 so

now u get me duvine

guys if you set fps_max to say 200 and if u have a monitor refresh rate of 75 then 125 frames go waste you cant see those frames since your monitor will only refresh 75 frames a second and using high refresh rates also prevents tearing. I Wish tf2 had interdependent physics so that we could get 700-800 frames which we could see :P

guys if you set fps_max to say 200 and if u have a monitor refresh rate of 75 then 125 frames go waste you cant see those frames since your monitor will only refresh 75 frames a second and using high refresh rates also prevents tearing. I Wish tf2 had interdependent physics so that we could get 700-800 frames which we could see :P

'interdependent physics'

is that something that exists or are you just making shit up again

I mean cant you read are you blind or what fucking grey...

I really do not recommend using FPS independant physics. The code itself is a very poor hack (admittedly by the author himself, Tonik), and does more to deteriorate your game than help it. The idea that you get more than 77fps is totally innacurate.

The FPS is actually not real. Not only does the server send you the same amount of updates per second as it did before, but things are being rendered locally still at 77FPS. This can be verified by setting your monitor to a high refresh rate, and increasing your "fake" cl_maxfps to an equivalent value. For example set your refresh rate to 154hz (most likely at a low resolution such as 640x480 depending on your monitor). Try using cl_maxfps 154 with 154hz monitor and you will notice severe ghosting.

The reason for this is because EzQuake only renders 77FPS locally, and your monitor is refreshing at double this rate, effectively showing each image for two updates. This means if you move at a high rate of speed, there will be alot of ghosting (akin to LCD) monitor. Some people are more sensitive to this than others (myself being extremely sensitive being able to detect the slightest amount of ghosting).

If the FPS was real on the other hand, you would see no ghosting at all. Again you can verify this using the same method. Load up EzQuake without FPS independant physics @ 154hz. This time, type /map dm6, and once your localhost server loads, type in /serverinfo maxfps 154, and cl_maxfps 154. You are now using real 154fps. Try moving around. The image is totally crisp, clear, totally smooth, however the physics are altered because the FPS is real.

The only thing that FPS independant physics does as far as im concerned is totally alter your base values for sensitivity, which is why the sensitivity you used without FPS independapnt physics will not feel the same with FPS independant physics. There is absolutely no advantage to using FPS independant physics, and could even be considered a disadvantage with all the bugs present in the hack (including jumps getting stuck, and ofcourse the forementioned sensitivity abnormalities).

Stick to a 77fps/75hz setup. This will give you no ghosting, and minimal amount of screen tearing.

P.S. Perhaps Tonik can elaborate on the technical aspects of FPS independant physics, and how it works, however what I have written above proves without a doubt that my observations are accurate.

Thanks for the info, I will look into it. Please post any "additional" variables for configuring it the "right way". I will be testing using the suggested settings using the max refresh rate of my monitor at 800x600 @ 132hz. I will post my impressions once I have tested the setup more thoroughly. I'm using the following settings.

cmdline change: +set vid_displayfrequency 132 +set cl_independentPhysics 1

config change: cl_maxfps 1000 cl_physfps 77 pushlatency 0 cl_nolerp 0

What I have noticed right off the bat...

-ghosting is gone

-game is visually smoother

-sensitivity is the same as with non fps independant physics

-the jump doesnt get stuck anymore

-i don't see any real physics anomalies as I finished ztricks 2 literally on my first attempt

oh right you meant cl_independentphysics not 'interdependent physics'

just fyi you should probably stop trying to teach yourself about video games and start teaching yourself the english language

oh right you meant cl_independentphysics not 'interdependent physics'

just fyi you should probably stop trying to teach yourself about video games and start teaching yourself the english language

I bet you dont have a clue about either of them. Oh wait maybe you dont have a penis except for one in your mouth maybe.

@jt : put the crouch jump script in the specific class cfg ,n put unbind "button" or bind "button"(to other purpose) in other class cfgs. dumb question imo.ass.