This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Enganox

Question

Curious about how many seasons most people play before going on to div 2? If you're in div 2 now or higher, how many seasons before moving up? Were you a team captain or roster member? And also, if you were a captain of a team and tried to build it up from nothing, what did it take before you felt your team was ready for the next step? Lastly, do you think in the current state of AFC, that it's still the same as it was before? Are any changes making it potentially easier or tougher to move up? I appreciate any answers. Next season is my 3rd season in Div 3 most likely, and I just want to measure it up to other players experiences to kinda get an idea of where I'm at as a team captain. Hopefully this thread will help teams in deciding what division they should be in. 

Edited by Enganox

On 11/4/2017 at 10:57 PM, Enganox said:

Curious about how many seasons most people play before going on to div 2? If you're in div 2 now or higher, how many seasons before moving up?  

I only played 1 season in div 3(as a sub)

Were you a team captain or roster member? 

I created the team so team captain

And also, if you were a captain of a team and tried to build it up from nothing, what did it take before you felt your team was ready for the next step?

Rolled a div 3 team in scrims and I felt that we are good enough in div 2. Also I had some teammates who could carry?

Lastly, do you think in the current state of AFC, that it's still the same as it was before? Are any changes making it potentially easier or tougher to move up?

Maybe if the next season does not have experienced veterans sandbagging in div 2 

Next season is my 3rd season in Div 3 most likely, and I just want to measure it up to other players experiences to kinda get an idea of where I'm at as a team captain. Hopefully this thread will help teams in deciding what division they should be in. 

If your team can consistently beat other div 3 teams then I would say that you should go div 2 (unless you want that gold medal really badly)

Edited by Alyssum

I see. So it's mostly a judgement thing by the team itself? Rather than any set limits by Asiafortress admins, etc. TBH, I really couldn't care less about div 3 gold, its simply not my goal. All I want is for my team to get better, whether its div 3, or 2. I guess what we need is to figure out each season what the teams will be, since most teams tend to get scrambled up before the next season. I think for the most part, my team will be competitive with other top div 3 teams. And I personally really would not mind going to div 2 even if it is on the low end. Also, the thing about scrimming higher div teams is they tend to seek other teams their own div. 

Edited by Enganox