This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
spammah

WE'RE DONE! ON WITH THE PLAYOFFS!

And so we move on to the Play-Offs! There has been much discussion and many comments about how long the group stage took and frankly, yes, I agree and I know how hard it's been on all the teams who've participated in AFL2.

In spite of the 'dragginess' of the league and the unfortunate forfeits we've had to witness due to the nature of the league format (which was voted by YOU ALL!), I'd like to point out a few things.

*Out of the 15 teams taking part, only 4 had to withdraw due to unfortunate circumstances. In retrospect, this is a huge step-up from the past leagues that were and the former AFL1 which had a LOT more dropouts.

*The teams' (well, mostly) willingness to complete ALL their group games despite not qualifying for the play-offs shows how dedicated and concerned the teams (again, mostly) were to finish their matches.

So AFL2 has been a moderate success! Back in April when I mentioned multiple times that "AFL2 might fail", you guys have done your part ensuring that wouldn't happen. So pat yourselves on the backs! :)

I want to give first shout-outs to the Koreans who took part in AFL2 and had to fight two battles! I'm obviously talking about their high latencies to most Asian gameservers.

Also major love to the teams that didn't make it to the playoffs but had the heart to see it through to the end! 7zip, SU, XGN+, Matrix[] and Arrythmia! You guys rock!

*****ASIAFORTRESS SEASON 3*****

*****ASIAFORTRESS SEASON 3

We will open sign-ups for AFL3 in a few days! The next AsiaFortress season will be the most exciting since we will be running a divisional format! Division 1 and Division 2. High-skilled teams start off in Division 1. Medium-skilled and lower start off in Division 2. The tournament duration for this next iteration will be a LOT shorter (expect a month max. for the conclusion!).

*****ASIAFORTRESS SEASON 3*****

*****ASIAFORTRESS SEASON 3

Meanwhile, Double Elimination Play-Offs will continue till the end in 2 weeks. There has been an intense discussion about whether or not we should continue the playoffs based on the teams' activity and other issues.

Since we think that we should finish off what we've started, we'll go ahead with the playoffs and if only 5 teams or even 2 teams were to show up for their games then so be it! That's life! :)

PEACE!

ありがとうございました!

감사합니다!

谢谢!

謝謝!

धन्यवाद!

Final Group Tallies

With the #4 ranking for chaineese, I'm happy to be in the top team in Singapore at the moment and would like to take this opportunity to thank all my fellow teammates.

To the china imported players, to the elusive cross-dresser tromboner leader, to the mut and to the guitar-wielding malays who stepped up to the challenge. This would not have been possible without the godlike aim, psychic game-sense, unbelievable timing and death defying luck of nowi and maybe some of you!

Peace out.

ps. find yourself shuggy

Great news. Its good to hear AFL3 is kicking off so soon. However I do believe there should be a month break or so before the new signups for teams to get organised/fold etc. The community is stepping foward as a whole and hopefully in the coming seasons the asian scene shall get its recognition it deserved.

With the #4 ranking for chaineese' date=' I'm [b']h[/b]appy to be in the top team in Singapore at the moment and would like to take this opportunity to thank all my fellow teammates.

To the china imported players, to the elusive cross-dresser tromboner leader, to the mut and to the guitar-wielding malays who stepped up to the challenge. This would not have been possible without the godlike aim, psychic game-sense, unbelievable timing and death defying luck of nowi and maybe some of you!

Peace out.

ps. find yourself shuggy

Erm, my apologies. I haven't updated the tables till today with the remnants of week 7 and week 8. You might want to change your post a little. すみません。

With the #4 ranking for chaineese' date=' I'm [b']h[/b]appy to be in the top team in Singapore at the moment and would like to take this opportunity to thank all my fellow teammates.

Peace out.

ps. find yourself shuggy

You mean second best team in singapore ^_^

you would like to think that you were being incredibly clever, containing my name within the letters of your post. But we both know that you only did it after you posted it.

Sign in to follow this