This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Summer

Rage

On-topic: Yeah' date=' things are not gonna change as far as pugs are concerned. I guess if more ppl took up using mics or such then you'd slowly see changes happening.

[/quote']

i rape you with my voice in pugs and pubs

you rape me silently every night.

and its better not to waste time Just SAY if you have any fucking problem...and its about flaunting over the net... I dont mind meeting you in real life and beating the crap out of you xD

hmmm' date=' les have 1on1, tell me the place, date and time.. If u can come here im ready anytime or if u want it in ur place i will try to come during holidays..

:demoman:

Cheers.

[/quote']

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

So bright you live in bengal okay lets fight there

and its better not to waste time Just SAY if you have any fucking problem...and its about flaunting over the net... I dont mind meeting you in real life and beating the crap out of you xD

hmmm' date=' les have 1on1, tell me the place, date and time.. If u can come here im ready anytime or if u want it in ur place i will try to come during holidays..

:demoman:

Cheers.

[/quote']

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

So bright you live in bengal okay lets fight there

nice reply mate. i dont know if living in bengal is an insult or something to you but i clearly don't live in bengal, i live in bangalore

come down here anytime and i'll give you a nice tour of the city ^_____^

nnnx Wrote: From my understanding the reasons why people pile so much hate on sam are the following:

1. Bookmarking of Frags

2. Imitation of "Pro" Gamer Tags

3. Dislike of Medic Role

4. Attention whore

1. How does that effects anyone......... ?its my wish if i like the frag and want to render it out....

2. Its just i am pro wannabe i accept it..... how does it spread hatred ?

3. Medics are disgusting

4. I don't give a fuck if you give attention.....

3. Medics are disgusting

=(

nnnx Wrote: From my understanding the reasons why people pile so much hate on sam are the following:

1. Bookmarking of Frags

3. Dislike of Medic Role

4. Attention whore

1. How does that effects anyone......... ?its my wish if i like the frag and want to render it out....

3. Medics are disgusting

no one gives attention.. you seek for it.. but sadly no one gives any :(

K this thread is kinda cool. Imma post my 2c.

Coming from a relatively new guy in our pug scene, I can tell you theres pretty much no problem with the way things roll. Seriously stfu about the whole medic shit. First off, theres nothing wrong with the medic class in ANY way. It is a fufilling class that requires a shitload of skill (yeah you dont aim or airshot but the gamesense must be there). I admit it can be pretty dry if you medic for random puggers though. Still once or twice never hurts and its always a very good way to train your general play. When I played my first pugs and all, I too was asked to med all the time. Yes I really wanted to play my scout and everyone knew that my medic blows being the new guy and all but that didnt mean I wouldnt medic willingly. I remember the words of the sort-of wise Krypt to me: just shut the fuck up and play medic thats how everyone gets started out. People type about how you should USE YOUR KEYBOARD and talk to the new guys. Well that cuts both ways; what I did was just be cool with whatever people said or requested and talk to them as well?, sure people will call you noob and maybe even blame you for their loss, but whatever man just be humble and shit will definitely roll in your favour sooner or later. JUST SPEAK UP HUMBLY. From my own experience, no one is going to shit on you if you're just out to make some friends.

I would like to think I'm pretty decent when I'm serious but no imma still a noob really. That doesnt stop me from building a reputation as the scene's worst cap that still knows how to pick (never won a batfight baby, but at least I dont pick 5 scouts to play on my side :>) or being picked to play scout, medic, or if the cap is unaware of my atrocious non-hitscan aim, demo/solly. The bottom line is it doesnt matter if you suck or dont suck, if you med or dont med, if you cap or are busy talking shit on specchat; just enjoy being in the game you love with similar people. Lose your im-entitled-to-this-right-and-that-right shit attitude and just loosen up talk cock. Speak up when you arent getting what you deserve but the last thing to do is act like you're entitled to anything, which is unfortunately the way most things go around here. Then a huge ragefest happens and it somehow spills over to asiafortress.com.

Learn to fool around even if you get to play your main class, and learn to try your very best even if you get to do something you "hate" playing. Its only a matter of time before you build some cred as long as you dont behave like a shithead.

Uh what else (shit its 3 am and I have a flight to catch tmrw :X)

About the comms, seriously just get your ass in mumble. Most might know we have an awesome SH Mumble Community server hosted up at Just pop in most of the time and you'd find that theres actually almost always a channel filled with the puggers in server. Seriously, just open your eyes and you WILL CONFIRM FIND PEOPLE ONE. There isnt even a need for a dedicated channel as proposed sometime back.

Stick around long enough though, and you'll realize the mumble conversations tend to stray away from video games entirely....

So ya just my 2c, pardon the wall of text im on a shitty small netbook and I cbf to proper formatting.

TL;DR Stop being so childish and be sure to grow a pair balls, a brain to THINK, and a slightly sick sense of humour to accompany your newfound maturity.

P.S. sam obviously people are going to be slightly offended if you use pro tags and bookmark people all the time; its because that suggests an overly inflated ego. Saying shit like medic is disgusting does not help man. By all means do what you want but dont be completely oblivious that you're pissing people off.

postpostscript; what bran said. respect the fuking caps and stop requesting to swap!!! shit like that steps on my toes :<

The perfect solution.

Ignore the person totally if he is being an arse.

I.E. Don't pick him, ignore his presence and he'll get kicked for spamming the server(report him if auto-kick doesn't work).

Coming from a relatively new guy in our pug scene' date=' I can tell you theres pretty much no problem with the way things roll. Seriously stfu about the whole medic shit.

[/quote']

You joined when the community was a lot less hostile on the newcomers. Trust me, the hostility was bad, unless you show that you can at the very least play, if not no one would choose you at all, even if you sit in spec for 5maps.

And yeah, stfu abt the whole medic shit. Medic is retardedly fun sometimes.

You joined when the community was a lot less hostile on the newcomers. Trust me' date=' the hostility was bad, unless you show that you can at the very least play, if not no one would choose you at all, even if you sit in spec for 5maps.

[/quote']

Yeah, people are much more nicer to the newcomers nowadays, granted there's still some name calling and all, but its generally nice...

I played medic almost every map when I first started to play pickups, get used to it newcomers, you'll get the chance to prove your airshot/pointblank headshot or whatever, just let the rest take a shit on you for a tad while, you'll get your chance son

K this thread is kinda cool. Imma post my 2c.

Coming from a relatively new guy in our pug scene' date=' I can tell you theres pretty much no problem with the way things roll. Seriously stfu about the whole medic shit. First off, theres nothing wrong with the medic class in ANY way. It is a fufilling class that requires a shitload of skill (yeah you dont aim or airshot but the gamesense must be there). I admit it can be pretty dry if you medic for random puggers though. Still once or twice never hurts and its always a very good way to train your general play. When I played my first pugs and all, I too was asked to med all the time. Yes I really wanted to play my scout and everyone knew that my medic blows being the new guy and all but that didnt mean I wouldnt medic willingly. I remember the words of the sort-of wise Krypt to me: just shut the fuck up and play medic thats how everyone gets started out. People type about how you should USE YOUR KEYBOARD and talk to the new guys. Well that cuts both ways; what I did was just be cool with whatever people said or requested and talk to them as well?, sure people will call you noob and maybe even blame you for their loss, but whatever man just be humble and shit will definitely roll in your favour sooner or later. JUST SPEAK UP HUMBLY. From my own experience, no one is going to shit on you if you're just out to make some friends.

I would like to think I'm pretty decent when I'm serious but no imma still a noob really. That doesnt stop me from building a reputation as the scene's worst cap that still knows how to pick (never won a batfight baby, but at least I dont pick 5 scouts to play on my side :>) or being picked to play scout, medic, or if the cap is unaware of my atrocious non-hitscan aim, demo/solly. The bottom line is it doesnt matter if you suck or dont suck, if you med or dont med, if you cap or are busy talking shit on specchat; just enjoy being in the game you love with similar people. Lose your im-entitled-to-this-right-and-that-right shit attitude and just loosen up talk cock. Speak up when you arent getting what you deserve but the last thing to do is act like you're entitled to anything, which is unfortunately the way most things go around here. Then a huge ragefest happens and it somehow spills over to asiafortress.com.

Learn to fool around even if you get to play your main class, and learn to try your very best even if you get to do something you "hate" [i']playing[/i]. Its only a matter of time before you build some cred as long as you dont behave like a shithead.

Uh what else (shit its 3 am and I have a flight to catch tmrw :X)

About the comms, seriously just get your ass in mumble. Most might know we have an awesome SH Mumble Community server hosted up at Just pop in most of the time and you'd find that theres actually almost always a channel filled with the puggers in server. Seriously, just open your eyes and you WILL CONFIRM FIND PEOPLE ONE. There isnt even a need for a dedicated channel as proposed sometime back.

Stick around long enough though, and you'll realize the mumble conversations tend to stray away from video games entirely....

So ya just my 2c, pardon the wall of text im on a shitty small netbook and I cbf to proper formatting.

TL;DR Stop being so childish and be sure to grow a pair balls, a brain to THINK, and a slightly sick sense of humour to accompany your newfound maturity.

P.S. sam obviously people are going to be slightly offended if you use pro tags and bookmark people all the time; its because that suggests an overly inflated ego. Saying shit like medic is disgusting does not help man. By all means do what you want but dont be completely oblivious that you're pissing people off.

postpostscript; what bran said. respect the fuking caps and stop requesting to swap!!! shit like that steps on my toes :<

What I am about to say is strictly off the record. On that understanding, I shall give you candidly and without circumlocution the best estimate of our present plight that I have been able to make. It may help if I begin my discussion by relating an innocuous story in order to illustrate my point: A few days ago I was arguing with a resentful, scornful dunce who was insisting that big emotions come from big words. I tried to convince this selfish scofflaw that we can never return to the past. And if we are ever to move forward to the future, we undeniably have to do what needs to be done.

There are two observations that one can make here. The first is that Mr. Airshot respects nothing and no one. The second observation is that Airshot's goombahs lie about their practices, and then, when we're all convinced that no harm will be done, they view countries and the people that live in them either as economic targets to be exploited or as military targets to be defeated. These shards of empirical evidence suggest that there are some simple truths in this world. First, the world has a surplus of stupidity. Second, the only appropriate attitudes in a society overrun by longiloquent fomenters of revolution are fear and distrust. And finally, he wants us to emulate the White Queen from Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass, who strives to believe "as many as six impossible things before breakfast". Then again, even the White Queen would have trouble believing that clever one-liners are a valid substitute for actual thinking. I, for one, prefer to believe things that my experience tells me are true, such as that if you think that lying is morally justifiable as long as it's referred to as "strategic deception", then think again.

There's something fishy about Airshot's causeries. I, not being one of the many irascible, disorderly sad sacks of this world, think he's up to something, something baleful and perhaps even clumsy. Didn't Airshot tell his helots that he wants to suck up to the most worthless leeches I've ever seen? Did he first give any thought to what would happen if he did? Of course, that question is ridiculous—as ridiculous as his ungrateful hariolations.

Let's understand one fundamental fact: To join Airshot's lynch mob, one must deal with membership rules, brainwashing rituals, huge amounts of money, and meeting locations enveloped in secrecy. Am I being unduly harsh for writing that? I think not. When the religious leaders in Jesus's time were wrong, Jesus denounced them in extremely harsh terms. So why shouldn't I, too, use extremely harsh terms to indicate that we must get beyond name-calling? Airshot's claim that the only way to expand one's mind is with drugs—or maybe even chocolate—is not only an attack on the concept of objectivity but an assault on the human mind.

Airshot and I disagree about our civic duties. I avouch that we must do our utmost to unveil the semiotic patterns that he utilizes to commit confrontational, in-your-face acts of violence, intimidation, and incivility. Airshot, on the other hand, believes that the ideas of "freedom" and "incendiarism" are Siamese twins. Finally, any one of the points I made in this letter could be turned into a complete research paper, but the conclusion of each would be the same: The essence of lying is in deception, not in words.

tl;dr: no such thing son.l2r.

Playing medic should be enjoyed like playing any other class so dont QQ so much.

Also if u dont like being medic ' date='just medic 1 or 2 times n then u can say that u were medic for the last 1-2 games n definitely u wont be told to medic more.

If u refuse to play medic even once in pugs ,pls quit coming to pug server or be rdy to be picked only for med allday.

[/quote']

this coming from a guy who asked me to med all the time when i requested for sol.

oh the world is so full of shit.

{o,o}

|)__)

-"-"-

O RLY?

{-.-}

|)_(|

-"-"-

YA RLY

{0,0}

(__(|

-"-"-

NO WAI!

{^,^}

(__(|

-"-"-

YA WAI!

does anyone have a photo of airshot? i want to hang it up on my wall and fap to it.

u sure u wanna see him ?

be careful wat u wish for, it just might come tru :<

PS : I have it !

I' date=' for one, prefer to believe things that my experience tells me are true, such as that if you think that lying is morally justifiable as long as it's referred to as "strategic deception", then think again.

Let's understand one fundamental fact: To join Airshot's lynch mob, one must deal with membership rules, brainwashing rituals, huge amounts of money, and meeting locations enveloped in secrecy. Am I being unduly harsh for writing that? I think not. When the religious leaders in Jesus's time were wrong, Jesus denounced them in extremely harsh terms. So why shouldn't I, too, use extremely harsh terms to indicate that we must get beyond name-calling? Airshot's claim that the only way to expand one's mind is with drugs—or maybe even chocolate—is not only an attack on the concept of objectivity but an assault on the human mind.

[/quote']

Hmmm, these two parts are a little sketchy and too obviously pedantic. Needs sum work lehs :<

Why quote my post anyway.. wasnt quite relevant.

I hate it when pros come in during the picking phase and you don't get picked UNLESS for medic. You get 0 communication in 90% of the matches' date=' and in the 10% it's for when people rage at you cos they died stupidly.

It should be a rule that those who waited for a long time or didn't play last get picked, because some people just don't have the courtesy to do it. I've seen people wait out 3 games before finally being picked as a medic. Just frustrated at the pug scene right now, i've been asked to play medic at least 5 times in a row already.

[/quote']

1. Bookmarking of Frags

3. Dislike of Medic Role

4. Attention whore

3. Medics are disgusting

Only thing on topic is bolded. And that makes me go ... and zzz all over again.

does anyone have a photo of airshot? i want to hang it up on my wall and fap to it.

u sure u wanna see him ?

be careful wat u wish for' date=' it just might come tru :<

PS : I have it !

[/quote']

show me

Am I the only one who enjoys playing medic in pugs?

I enjoy playing medic quite a bit in pugs too. It just feels refreshing to play another class once in a while. But being forced to pocket *cough* "a certain soldier" *cough* in a pug kills my mood to play medic.

Coming from a relatively new guy in our pug scene' date=' I can tell you theres pretty much no problem with the way things roll. Seriously stfu about the whole medic shit.

[/quote']

You joined when the community was a lot less hostile on the newcomers. Trust me, the hostility was bad, unless you show that you can at the very least play, if not no one would choose you at all, even if you sit in spec for 5maps.

QFT

3. Medics are disgusting

great you found out why people dont even bother healing you, or rather click on you.