This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Summer

Rage

I hate it when pros come in during the picking phase and you don't get picked UNLESS for medic. You get 0 communication in 90% of the matches, and in the 10% it's for when people rage at you cos they died stupidly.

It should be a rule that those who waited for a long time or didn't play last get picked, because some people just don't have the courtesy to do it. I've seen people wait out 3 games before finally being picked as a medic. Just frustrated at the pug scene right now, i've been asked to play medic at least 5 times in a row already.

I hate it when pros come in during the picking phase and you don't get picked UNLESS for medic. You get 0 communication in 90% of the matches' date=' and in the 10% it's for when people rage at you cos they died stupidly.

It should be a rule that those who waited for a long time or didn't play last get picked, because some people just don't have the courtesy to do it. I've seen people wait out 3 games before finally being picked as a medic. Just frustrated at the pug scene right now, i've been asked to play medic at least 5 times in a row already.

[/quote']

I've had it worse. I've been picked for 7 games in a row.

Just politely decline if you're asked to med twice in a row? I'm sure most people would understand and let you play something other class.

Mutual smack talk is a form of bonding: This can be confusing for the untrained observer' date=' because good friends will often act like they are engaging in dominance behavior by using smack talk. Yet this is just for show. The moment the smack talk actually infringes upon existing expectations of status, the mood of players will change abruptly. You'll often see accusations of one player 'taking it too seriously.' It is a good demonstration of trust to play at dominance, but to actually assert dominance between friends is considered out of bounds.[/quote']

Link is here

I second this. Um basically this community has fucked up people, the only way to get out of being a medic is be pro

this is why i tried helping you out with technical stuff but if you find it irrelevant and ignore it you will step into misery....

Div left tf2 and has moved towards a warmer quake live community, he finds things pleasant there and so do i....

Provides insight towards the ongoings and nature of competitive play and why people rage and make your mom jokes.

he's so damn right!

magik you are a fag as usual

What class would you like to play benny? I will bear that in mind the next time I pug. And your a pretty decent medic, almost the same rating as Ruin I would say :3

What class would you like to play benny? I will bear that in mind the next time I pug. And your a pretty decent medic' date=' almost the same rating as Ruin I would say :3

[/quote']

I'm noob. Lul.

A noob medic would be spammah. Drops uber PLENTY of times, doesn't acknowledge his mistakes, is gay, keeps mum when the cleaning lady comes, laughs for no F'ING reason and who spells idiot as edeot. The list goes on...

A noob medic would be spammah. Drops uber PLENTY of times' date=' doesn't acknowledge his mistakes, is gay, keeps mum when the cleaning lady comes, laughs for no F'ING reason and who spells idiot as edeot. The list goes on...

[/quote']

HAHA SECOND'D

A noob medic would be spammah. Drops uber PLENTY of times' date=' doesn't acknowledge his mistakes, is gay, keeps mum when the cleaning lady comes, laughs for no F'ING reason and who spells idiot as edeot. The list goes on...

[/quote']

FFFFFFFFFFF-

[/quote']

FFFFFFFFFFF-

And only knows how to type FU FU FUFUFUFUFUFFUFUFFFFUUUUU

[/quote']

/agrees.

Yeah.

Have to agree lots and lots with benny there. Frankly most of the time I get picked too is because they dont have a medic. Then halfway through, when you start asking someone to swap with you because he/she fails so bad as your pocket (ie getting himself stickytrapped, running around with a shotgun under kritz when he has a full load of rockets, rocketjumping away from uber, FAILING TO HIT A DEMOMAN WHO'S AT 15 HP WITH 4 ROCKETS UNDER KRITZ AND SUBSEQUENTLY DYING TO SAID DEMOMAN, shit like that), they turn around at you and say "come 1v1 la, see who more pro". To which the reply from my teammate would be to "roll without med". (true story btw)

Frankly, if you aint pro, you get picked as a last resort. Mentality now is such that people think "oh, we have a team with a kickass roamer, failproof pocket, rape scouts, gg demoman. fuck the medic man, who needs him, just pick anyone who can just fucking buff/uber me."

So yeah. Even when I sometimes can pocket significantly better than my "pro" teammate, I still get picked as medic, forced to stay as medic, and raged at when requested to swap.

And really, is it so hard to play medic? A lot of pros complain that they cant "med for shit". I mean, srsly, if you're pro, dont tell me you cant fucking play medic, it's like the fucking easiest class to play. Stay behind teammates, buff everyone, time your ubers well or wait for the go-ahead-uber-me sign, and dodge/needle everything else. If you can airshot and do frag vids, why not medic?

Yeah. I'm just sick and tired of people shouting into the mike, "I CANT PLAY MEDIC FOR NUTS YOU NOOBSHIT, SO YOU DO IT."

Playing medic should be enjoyed like playing any other class so dont QQ so much.

Also if u dont like being medic ,just medic 1 or 2 times n then u can say that u were medic for the last 1-2 games n definitely u wont be told to medic more.

If u refuse to play medic even once in pugs ,pls quit coming to pug server or be rdy to be picked only for med allday.

Its not about the refusing its about why do we pick the same people to medic again and again i remember picking ch3rry as a medic on gully and he did uberwasting on purpose xD

Playing medic should be enjoyed like playing any other class so dont QQ so much.

Also if u dont like being medic ' date='just medic 1 or 2 times n then u can say that u were medic for the last 1-2 games n definitely u wont be told to medic more.

If u refuse to play medic even once in pugs ,pls quit coming to pug server or be rdy to be picked only for med allday.

[/quote']

this coming from a guy who asked me to med all the time when i requested for sol.

oh the world is so full of shit.

Its not about the refusing its about why do we pick the same people to medic again and again i remember picking ch3rry as a medic on gully and he did uberwasting on purpose xD

WTF I DIDNT DO IT ON PURPOSE FU ITS JUST A DIV 1 STRAT

on a more serious note: im just not a great medic i didnt uberwaste on purpose lol. i was in mumble with ripple so he was getting most of the heals i dont mind medicing btw EVER.

Blame the pug system here which is unorganised and utter plain shit.

And why is the so called 'not-pro' player only get to play medic. A good medic basically carries the fuking team. Yeh sure medicing doesnt require much skill other than linking your beam to another player, but most of medic's gameplay requires a good certain of game sense. I dont see the reason to rage on the medic when you deliberately choose a newb who clearly is inexperienced to play such role.

This is not gonna change unless those of you who are reading this start volunterring to play medic.

because playing as a medic, you don't get to KILL people or do wonderful moves like air rocket or air pipe.

All you can do is heal and dodge while trying to locate where the hell your teammates are.

What class would you like to play benny? I will bear that in mind the next time I pug. And your a pretty decent medic' date=' almost the same rating as Ruin I would say :3

[/quote']

Yeah.

Have to agree lots and lots with benny there. Frankly most of the time I get picked too is because they dont have a medic. Then halfway through' date=' when you start asking someone to swap with you because he/she fails so bad as your pocket (ie getting himself stickytrapped, running around with a shotgun under kritz when he has a full load of rockets, rocketjumping away from uber, [u']FAILING TO HIT A DEMOMAN WHO'S AT 15 HP WITH 4 ROCKETS UNDER KRITZ AND SUBSEQUENTLY DYING TO SAID DEMOMAN[/u], shit like that), they turn around at you and say "come 1v1 la, see who more pro". To which the reply from my teammate would be to "roll without med". (true story btw)

Frankly, if you aint pro, you get picked as a last resort. Mentality now is such that people think "oh, we have a team with a kickass roamer, failproof pocket, rape scouts, gg demoman. fuck the medic man, who needs him, just pick anyone who can just fucking buff/uber me."

So yeah. Even when I sometimes can pocket significantly better than my "pro" teammate, I still get picked as medic, forced to stay as medic, and raged at when requested to swap.

And really, is it so hard to play medic? A lot of pros complain that they cant "med for shit". I mean, srsly, if you're pro, dont tell me you cant fucking play medic, it's like the fucking easiest class to play. Stay behind teammates, buff everyone, time your ubers well or wait for the go-ahead-uber-me sign, and dodge/needle everything else. If you can airshot and do frag vids, why not medic?

Yeah. I'm just sick and tired of people shouting into the mike, "I CANT PLAY MEDIC FOR NUTS YOU NOOBSHIT, SO YOU DO IT."

stick with the god damn class you were assigned to by your captains. we cap for a reason. the captain decides who plays what, just play it. he should know what you are able to play and what you are not able to play. note: it's able to play, not want to play. it's a pug, not some scrim/league match. so quit whining all of you.

and of course, if you actually do play other classes as your main, and you actually play it well, i don't see why others wont pick you to play that class unless you utterly suck at it and they know it.

train one class till you get good at it, then play it more often. you can even cap if you want to. sometimes when i cap, and 17 people in spec, no fucking one comes in to cap the other team. all stay in spec, then when you get picked for medic, you start whining. if you want to whine in the first place, go cap if you have the opportunity.