Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Caldoran

AFC 10 Discussion

nrxLVhv.png

Banner by Cell

AsiaFortress Cup 10 Discussion

[Rules] [Division Administrators] [Unlocks] [Registration] [Key Dates and Map Pool] [Discussion] [Team Directory] [POV Demo Rules] [Server Bookings] [Match Threads]

Any queries, doubts, complaints and suggestions regarding AsiaFortress Cup 10 can be posted here. This will be your primary method of contacting the AsiaFortress administration.

Should you require urgent or private assistance, you may contact your Division Administrator.

First time participating in an AsiaFortress cup, um can you explain the pov demo recording rule more elaborately. Is it a must for every single player to record a pov demo from the match? That seems a bit concerning.

First time participating in an AsiaFortress cup, um can you explain the pov demo recording rule more elaborately. Is it a must for every single player to record a pov demo from the match? That seems a bit concerning.

Yes.

In order to objectively and fairly assess cheating and other misconduct allegations, POV demos are required for all players playing an official AsiaFortress Cup match.

Starting from one week after the entire season concludes, players may then delete their demos as they please.

POV demos can now be recorded automatically in the game itself (check the Adv. Options menu). There is thus no excuse for players to not have recorded demos for their matches.

In the event of a cheating or other misconduct accusation that requires the use of demos in investigations, the entire division involved will be made to upload their demos for review. This is to facilitate a fast and thorough investigation, and also serves as a spot-check to ensure that all players have been abiding by the rules.

Players who fail to produce their demos will not have the benefit of doubt in cheating allegations, and will be served with a warning for first-time offenders. Repeated offenses will result in heavier penalties, up to and including a points deduction from the team, to complete disqualification in extreme cases.

I have an enquiry about the matches in the round robin for AFC 10. Under each round it has the names of 2 maps, round 1 being badlands and Gullywash. Does that mean the teams have to play both maps against each other and if so, how will the winner be decided e.g each team wins a map

I have an enquiry about the matches in the round robin for AFC 10. Under each round it has the names of 2 maps, round 1 being badlands and Gullywash. Does that mean the teams have to play both maps against each other and if so, how will the winner be decided e.g each team wins a map

Both maps will be played.

In the event of both teams each winning a map, they will be taken to have tied for the match win. Match wins do not influence rankings in the Round Robin or Swiss-style portions.

Teams will be ranked first by map wins, then by round wins and finally by rounds won minus rounds lost in the event of a tie in the Round Robin or Swiss-style rankings.

EDIT: Updated to reflect new changes

I have a question and I'm new to this AFC10 thing. So are there any knockout rounds, like my team wouldn't be knockout off the tournament if we lose the first round right? or the knockout round is the transfer window thing, idk, can somebody explain me.

I have a question and I'm new to this AFC10 thing. So are there any knockout rounds, like my team wouldn't be knockout off the tournament if we lose the first round right? or the knockout round is the transfer window thing, idk, can somebody explain me.

The Round Robin (and for Division 3, Swiss-style) stage for the first 7 weeks will be for ranking purposes.

No teams will be eliminated during this period, unless they are disqualified.

The top 4 teams at the end of the Round Robin/Swiss-style stages will proceed to playoffs to decide who will get first, second and third place. All other teams are eliminated at that point.

The Transfer Windows are for teams to transfer players in or out of their rosters.

• Like 1

Ok, so I just wanted to make sure for myself, are we allowed to play on shana servers because my ping is only good on shana 3 for some reason but I just need to book it in their steam group instead of the AFC10 thread right?

Ok, so I just wanted to make sure for myself, are we allowed to play on shana servers because my ping is only good on shana 3 for some reason but I just need to book it in their steam group instead of the AFC10 thread right?

Yup.

You can play on any server as long as both teams agree to it, the server has the correct AFC 10 configs and whitelist and SourceTV demos are recorded.