This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Caldoran

Announcing AsiaFortress Mash Potatoes 2015!

Announcing AsiaFortress Mash Potatoes 2015!9e7aFkV.png

Banner by Blobinet and Cell, writeup by vetia, vetted by Caldoran, moosepi and himari

Unlike Valve, we can count to three! Welcome to the third iteration of our annual Mash Potatoes tournament!

Want to meatshot like Teejay? Airshot like 26? "Nyaa" like helig or cook curry like natapon? Or maybe even crossbow everyone like W40klife? Well, we can help you get there!

AsiaFortress Mash Potatoes is the perfect opportunity for newcomers to the competitive 6v6 format and our community. You’ll play matches in a friendly environment and still learn something new!

What is AsiaFortress Mash Potatoes?

Let’s face it, 6v6 can be an extremely confusing gamemode. When should a roamer bomb in? When should Scouts clean up? When should you take an Über fight and when should you run away?

AsiaFortress Mash Potatoes is where we help new players familiarize themselves with the format and move along the path to become a better player. Teams of new players are pitted against each other in a tournament format, with the aid of helpful and experienced mentors. These mentors will personally play alongside the new players and guide them on what it takes to function in a proper 6v6 game, without the raging criticism!

How do I participate?

First of all, you need to sign up as an individual here. After you sign up, you’ll be sorted into a team based on your skill level to ensure, as far as possible, all participating teams are on even ground.

You will be allowed to name the 6v6 cookie-cutter classes you’d prefer to play (i.e. Scout, Pocket Soldier, Roamer Soldier, Demo or Medic). As much as possible, we’ll try to accommodate your preferences, but in the event we’re unable to, you will be asked to play a different class instead. Yes, you can request to switch classes with the teammates you are grouped with!

Who are the players I will play with, and how many teams will there be?

There will be 4 new players and 2 mentors per team. The teams will then battle each other in a Round Robin format first to determine their rankings before proceeding to the Grand Finals to determine final placement.

This year, we have planned to have 4 teams, but if we greatly exceed the expected number of sign-ups then we may have additional teams! Priority will be given to players newer to the community and format, while the rest may be asked to act as backup for any missing players or mentors.

Confirmed Mentors:

• Caldoran
  • vetia
  • Gothmog
  • slyr
  • fwishy
  • biotics
  • crab patty
  • bait
Backup Mentors:
  • iridescentFUZZ
  • natapon
What are you waiting for? Sign up here!

Click here to view the article

I was just wondering, could you say you may need a backup to replace you? I do not know if I am available at that time, but I really would like to try this. If I'm available I'd gladly do it, but if I'm not I would ask to add a backup for the team I am.

I was just wondering, could you say you may need a backup to replace you? I do not know if I am available at that time, but I really would like to try this. If I'm available I'd gladly do it, but if I'm not I would ask to add a backup for the team I am.

Hello!

If you're interested in joining but am not sure about whether you are able to commit, we can add you to the list of backups.

In other words, if a player on any team is unable to make it or doesn't show up, then you will take over their place if you are available.

So go ahead and sign up, and leave a note in your registration saying that you're unable to confirm your availability so you'll have a chance to play as backup. :)