Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Caldoran

Moving Forward: New Administration, Whitelist and Changes

oQrWo8P.jpg

Banner by Cell

Hello AsiaFortress Community

As many of you are aware, Shounic left for Canada some time back and has passed on the role of Head Administrator to me. In light of these major changes, I'd like to give all of you an idea of what to expect, the changes I've already made, as well as formally introduce you to the revamped Administrator and Staff Team.

Whitelist Changes

First, I'd like to announce a new whitelist for our PUG servers and potentially future tournaments.

The following unlocks have been added to the PUG whitelist with immediate effect:

• Liberty Launcher
  • Concheror
  • Flare Gun
  • Ali Baba's Wee Booties
  • Jag
  • L'Etranger
  • Cloak and Dagger
These unlocks being added to the whitelist are tentative. If they show good usage within the community they will be brought over to the next major tournaments (i.e. Mercenaries Cup, AsiaFortress Cup) and more unlocks will be considered in the future.

On the other side of the coin, if the community is unable to use these weapons responsibly (e.g. offclass excessively causing grief and frustration within their PUG team) then they will be removed and future additions to the whitelist will be less likely.

Offclassing Rule Changes

On that note, there is a revision to the offclassing rules in PUGs to accompany these whitelist changes.

To put it simply: If at any point in time during an ongoing PUG while you are playing an offclass a teammate objects to you offclassing in team chat, then you must switch back to a standard cookie cutter class next life (after you die as your current class).

After you have been told to stop offclassing once, you are required to ask for any objections in team chat before proceeding to offclass again for the duration of the PUG. As long as there is a single objection to you offclassing you are not allowed to offclass for that life.

Please note that this rule only applies to teammates objecting. You are free to disregard complaints from the enemy team that you are headshotting them too much.

If you believe someone to have broken this rule, then alert an Administrator if they are in the server. If there are no Administrators in the server, then you may report it directly to me after the game through Steam chat or the Private Message function on these forums.

You must produce evidence by uploading a demo (on Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) showing the player in question breaking this rule if you are reporting it after the match. Reports without proper evidence and documentation will not be accepted.

Those who have been found guilty will be dealt with following a three-strike system. First-time offenders will be served with a clear warning. A subsequent offense will result in a kick from the server. Repeated offenses will be dealt with by bans of increasing durations, eventually resulting in a permanent ban for the most severe cases.

After extensive discussion with my Administrator and Staff Team, we have agreed that this is the best compromise between freedom in offclassing, reducing administrator subjectivity and ensuring a reasonable quality in PUGs.

Of course, you are free to disagree - let us listen to your feedback in the posts below, both before and after you have played a PUG with this rule in place. These rules are subject to change and reiteration following feedback and observations in PUGs. If they don't work as well as they should, then rest assured they will be changed.

Medigun Pickup Changes

With immediate effect, all Medigun pickups are banned in both PUGs and official matches.

For AsiaFortress PUGs, the cvar tf_dropped_weapon_lifetime 0 will be used, which means that all weapon drops are disabled until a way to either disable only Medigun pickups or Ubercharge retainment is found.

For official matches, the same cvar will be used for official AsiaFortress servers to disable all weapon pickups. However, in the event the match is played on servers which do not have the cvar set (i.e. weapon drops are enabled), teams are still not allowed to pick up Mediguns. Doing so intentionally will cause the offending team to automatically forfeit the match.

Any team which suspects the other team has done so can submit a demo (preferably SourceTV) to request for a match overturn on the grounds of rulebreaking.

The Creation of the Cast Team

One of the things I’d like to focus on improving within our league is the casting. I have found the quality of our previous casts to be lacking, and have made plans to create an official Cast Team to handle coverage for our future events.

For this undertaking, I have requested for Sakiisa to take charge of the team which he has generously accepted. If you’d like to help, we’re always looking for more casters and assistants, so don’t hesitate to post your interest in this thread or contact me directly.

Saki is a great caster himself, as demonstrated in his excellent coverage of the AsiaFortress Cup 9 Grand Finals despite the tight time constraints, and I trust in his ability to lead our Cast Team into one comparable to our fellow leagues in North America, Europe and Australia.

Administrator and Staff Team Changes

Next, I'd like to introduce the new Administrator and Staff Team who will join me in managing and improving the League.

Administrators

These individuals  have been granted administrative powers in-game, but some can only use their powers in specific situations.

First-in-line are Caldoran (me), Life and And. We are the Head Administrators of the SEA, Korean and Hong Kong communities respectively. We lead and handle major changes, as well as manage the League as a whole. All Administrators and Staff will report to us for the respective regions. We have all administrative powers such as kicking, banning, changing maps, etc.

Next are the Competition Administrators. Teejay and Gothmog will be holding this role. Teejay will be organizing and managing the Major Competitions (i.e. Merc Cup, AFC) while Gothmog will be organizing and managing the Minor Tournaments and Events (i.e. Mash Potatoes, Ultiduo and MGE tournaments). They have most administrative powers like kicking, banning, changing maps, RCON, and etc. but can only use these powers in official events they are managing. In other words, they cannot use these specific powers in PUGs or matches they are not in charge of.

As mentioned earlier, Sakiisa will be taking on the role of Casting Team Administrator. He will be in charge of leading and managing our Cast Team, and has the same powers as the Competition Administrators. Like them, he can only use these powers in official events where the Cast Team is involved.

For the General Administrators, I have appointed pttypwr, iridescentFUZZ, moosepi, Himari, oro and vetia. These are the Administrators in charge of enforcing the rules in the AsiaFortress PUG servers. They will also assist the Competition Administrators in the organizing and administrating of tournaments and events. They have the ability to kick, ban, change the map and execute different config files in the PUG servers.

Above the General Administrators are Senior Administrators. Hirasagi and Gothmog will be taking on this role. On top of taking on the responsibilities of a General Administrator, they are also in charge of keeping track of bans and player activity. They will also lead and manage the General Administrators to ensure proper procedures are being followed. Like General Administrators, they are able to kick, ban, change the map and execute config files in the PUG servers.

Staff

Staff have no administrative powers associated with them in-game, but are nonetheless a crucial part of our team.

Community Managers are a new role I have created for the purpose of understanding and interacting with the community better. Fwishy and vetia have been assigned this role. Their responsibilities involve gathering and responding to opinions and feedback from the community, and presenting them to the entire Administrator and Staff Team for further action and planning. If you have any feedback for the community, these two are who you should be looking for.

In the Design department, Cell has graciously lent her amazing artistic talent as our Official Designer. moosepi and vetia have also been hard at work creating official writeups as our Content Creators, as evidenced in the awesome AFC 9 writeups on our website and saloon.tf.

Of course, our team of Administrators and Staff welcomes anyone interested and qualified in helping us out. If you think there’s a role here you can assist in, or there are other ways you believe you can contribute, feel free to contact me directly on Steam or send me a PM on these forums to apply.

Moving Forward

In recent times, I have been made aware of several things community members are dissatisfied about, and I will be working on improving them.

To give a quick rundown, these are the goals I am aiming for, in no particular order:

• A more flexible and transparent administrative team open to feedback and suggestions
  • Clearer and better defined rules
  • A more inclusive unlock whitelist
  • Higher quality PUGs
  • More frequent tournaments and events
  • LANs and cash prizes if and when feasible
  • A PUG community more open and welcoming to newcomers
  • A respectable Cast Team with strong production values
As more plans get finalized I will be announcing them directly on these forums, so stay tuned! We have several events and competitions in store before the next Merc Cup and AFC, including a collaboration with Razer Arena with potential cash prizes in the future as previously hinted.

I am always open to feedback and suggestions. If you don’t like the rules that have been put in place, think one of the Administrators or Staff have crossed the line, or simply have an idea or concern that you wish to share, then feel free to post it in the Suggestions and Feedback board in our forums.

However, if for any reason you feel uncomfortable or hesitant to post it in public, then you are also welcome to add me to talk to me directly on Steam.

To the AsiaFortress community, let’s work together to revitalize our community and improve our league to new heights. I ask of you to put behind us all the past drama and grievances as we head forward into yet another year of Team Fortress 2.

I hope for and look forward to your support.

With regards,

Caldoran

Click here to view the article

Sign in to follow this