This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
robzta

FPS help?

is there anyway I can improve my fps? I have m0re's highfps config (is there any config better than this one?), i put dxlevel 81 in my launch options, and all my video settings are set to low, yet my average fps is still 20 when nothing's happening, and 9-10 fps at midfight.

Is there anything else I can do to help improve my fps?

Note that TF2's a CPU-intensive game, not GPU intensive. Better CPU = more FPS. Have you tried all the usual crap like validating tf2 files, cleaning up PC spywares, latest drivers, enabling multicore rendering etc etc? Turn off AntiAliasing and Anisotropic Filtering or set them to the lowest levels.

defrag gcf and defrag your hard disk!

links plz div btw u suk

Note that TF2's a CPU-intensive game' date=' not GPU intensive. Better CPU = more FPS. Have you tried all the usual crap like validating tf2 files, cleaning up PC spywares, latest drivers, enabling multicore rendering etc etc? Turn off AntiAliasing and Anisotropic Filtering or set them to the lowest levels.

[/quote']

what's AntiAliasing and Anisotropic Filtering?

and yeah, I know my comp sucks. Just wondering if there was any other way to help improve my fps.

Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic filtering improves your visual image quality and removes jagged edges so your game looks amazing or something. It taxes your GPU + CPU heavily though so disable/lower that crap. You'll find it in your Video Options.

Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic filtering improves your visual image quality and removes jagged edges so your game looks amazing or something. It taxes your GPU + CPU heavily though so disable/lower that crap. You'll find it in your Video Options.

okay cool, thanks!

m0rehighfps disables that automatically through console' date=' highly doubt its that.

Have you installed your video drivers?

[/quote']

yes

wait div i dont get it, how do i defrag and how do i use this gcf thingy?

Microsoft Windows XP Professional, nVidia 9500 GT, 96.7 free space of GB in comp.

Intel Core2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs)

WHY TOMORROW YOU TIT

patience young div-san

Decent specs for TF2 you should be able to run it atleast 60-70fps with those patches, I have a x1600 and 2.00Ghz Duo Core and it runs well

Microsoft Windows XP Professional' date=' nVidia 9500 GT, 96.7 free space of GB in comp.

Intel Core2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs)

WHY TOMORROW YOU TIT

patience young div-san

Random Access Memory size?