This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
ding

VAC connection problem

ok, this is fucking annoying.

After the new steam IU update ( which sucks monkey balls. ) i keep getting disconnected from the steam network (friends, vac, etc etc.) This caused my game to Disconnect from every server after i join that server for 1- 3 minutes. ( the connection to steam VAC servers could not be made ) or something like that.

that happened more than 30 times in two afl matches when we had no subs available. WOW. cool shit.

Any of you have any idea at all on how to fix this shit? Greatly appreciated thanks

Read here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1244738&page=2

No solution yet but post your comp specs because many single-core users getting this bug also, either AMD Single core or Pentium Single core

also here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14764469#post14764469

and these two

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1248258

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1251929

Try logging out of Steam -> Exit Steam -> Delete 'clientregistry.blob' -> Fire Steam up -> Log in account -> See if you still get timed out.

oh thanks guys.

The problem is This never ever happened before the client update. So it cant be the blob file ( i tried it anyways ) spammah thanks.

i checked those threads already, helped abit, but i am using multicore Intel processor lol. so thats weird...

It may be the TCP problem , right now i am testing my connection on the starhub server running around and stuff. havent gotten disconnected after putting -tcp. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just so you all know i dun use firewall and open all ports.

Facing the same fucking problem, but NOTHING has worked. I tried reading those above threads and read each and every of those shitty posts to realize that nothing fucking works. I'm fucking pissed now as 1 whole fucking hour or more has been fucking wasted by me trying to search about it. IM PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED.

/rant over.

P.S.: Help please.

It can't be a connection issue because me and cherry are using the same internet connection, and he is getting the problem while i am not so has to be an account issue or some problems in steam files.

i am 100 % sure its a background third party application try putting -tcp -noipx in tf2 set launch options

How do I set Steam launch options?

Answer

Important:

To ensure the security of your account, do not use the -login launch option on shared computers or any machines which may be accessed by other users.

Steam launch options can be used to change game settings, enable features, and even create a shortcut to bypass the Steam login window.

Please see the Setting Game Launch Options topic if you would like information on using launch options for specific games.

Set Steam Launch Options

1. Navigate to your Steam installation (by default this is located at C:\Program Files\Steam)

2. Right-click on Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo) and select Create Shortcut

3. Right-click on the new shortcut and go to Properties

4. Select the Shortcut tab

5. In the Target: field add the launch options which you would like to use after the Steam.exe location (make sure to separate all launch options with a space - For example, " -launchoption1 -launchoption2")

6. Click Apply and then OK to close the Properties window

Options to Use

Here are some of the more useful launch options:

* -login - Bypass the Steam login window by entering your login information

* -tcp - Launches Steam with the TCP protocol rather than the UDP protocol

Please be sure to take adequate precautions to ensure that no one else has access to view your password when it is saved in a shortcut.

Example

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -login username password

i tried using -tcp. worked for me. BUt thats once only. IDK the problem went away last time and came back before. You have to sign out of steam frens too i think.