This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
EG.HungerGames

Ping in AF Servers

One day i was going to play a pug,suddenly when i see the latency..... it becames 212 ping in AF servers for Singapore. But when i see the latency of AF Hongkong one, my latency is like 60 lower than the Singapore one! Can somone pls help me?

Ive played in AF Pugs and has no problems but suddenly this problem came. Help?!

you need a lesson in how the internet works:

basically we have really long cables that run under the SEA to other countries. But sometimes these cables get broken by ships and what not. We have a lot of cables, so we can take alternate routes to get somewhere.

yeah, natapon can get a really good isp that has good quality, but we don't have the ability to crawl into the tunnels under the sea to fix the cables.

we can help you if you give us enough money to make that happen.

in summary, you have to deal with the high ping or invest in wtfast like some others here. yeah it sucks. 

Edited by SakiIsa
Snip

As my slightly blunt mate is saying here what you are currently experiencing is routing issues. I myself cannot connect to any singaporean server in AF of late without my internet provider going 

"WHEEE LETS GO TO SINGAPORE"

" BUT UNIFI SINGAPORE IS RIGHT THERE, WHY ARE YOU DRIVING TO HONGKONG THEN BACK TO SINGAPORE"

"THIS WAY IS FINEEEEE"

"WOMAN I WANT MY HEADSHOT TO TRAVEL FASTER MERCY PLEASE"

" BUT HONG KONG HAS BETTER BEEEF NOOODLESSSSSSSS :DDDD"

Yeah...... pretty much. If you're in malaysia like me you're probably suffering from the same problem, our connection gets routed to hong kong then back to singapore (Hence afhk having better ping then singaproe since it's only 1 trip). It's pretty dumb but trust me I called Unifi enough times and their tech support is about as advanced as "turn your router on and off".

If you are willing to invest in a network latency service for better routing, it would cost you. I daresay that it's worth it in the long run to play competitive games at any level with our terrible internet providers haha.