This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Shounic

Whitelist Changes

Hello all. This is a topic for you to express views on changes we may make in the future.

Currently, we have been considering opening up the whitelist system as follows:

1 whitelist on AF#4 that accepts any player.

1 whitelist for AF#2 & 3 for experienced players (at least low div 2).

1 whitelist for AF#0 & 1 for high div 2 and above players.

We have also been thinking about adding Captains so that teams can be picked more fairly.

Let us know what you think about this change, and what other possible options we should explore.

Thank you!

If captains are added would the last pick be the medic?

I will re-emphasize the fact that these are just considerations we have. But if we were to implement it, I think we would keep the current system, just that a Captain will be the one picking, not the medic.

so does that mean that all div 3 players can only play in server 4?

If we choose to go ahead with this whitelist change. Div 3 players can also be promoted to the other whitelists. (if they get better).

some people like the ever so cute *** play in div 3 at the moment but no one can deny that he is at least low div 1 to mid div 1. These people may not want to play in AFC competitions at a higher division but do have the competency to play easily in those divisions. You can't deny these people the privilege of playing in these higher level pugs solely due to their choice not to participate in the higher divisions so there must have to be way to determine the skill level of an applicant based on many factors and not only whether he or she has participated in the AFC League at a certain level.

Finding a way to determine someone's skill level is hard. Furthermore, if it were to become arbitrarily defined, it may become prone to abuse. I think the current method is still the best, keeping AF 1-3 whitelisted, AF 4 open and AF 0 being an exclusive group that is based on both the player's ability and the willingness of other members to accept him or her into the group.

Edited by coconut

We can also look at logs, but nothing here is final. I'm going to stress again that this is all an IDEA, and we still have no intentions of implementing it yet. 

Regardless of whatever we eventually do to decide skill level, it will always be somewhat subjective. That is a reality of the system we will never be able to escape.

EDIT: actually we do have the right to deny people the "privilege of playing in these higher level pugs" because this is a dictatorship? [i'm only joking]

The subjectivity may make a lot of people unhappy so the admins have to try to take as much subjectivity out of it as possible  :huh:

Even within the admin team we are all not fixed on a common consensus for this issue, in terms of its implementation, impact and justification, so the more feedback we get, the better.

whitelist for AF#2 & 3 for experienced players (at least low div 2).

Div 3 should be included, so that they can at least learn from div 2 players since there that many div 1 players.

whitelist for AF#0 & 1 for high div 2 and above players.

Unnecessary to have 2 servers for div 1 players. As pointed out, there are insufficient div 1 players to sustain 2 servers. Maybe 1 server is okay but this could cause an even greater disparity between the already split community.

We have also been thinking about adding Captains so that teams can be picked more fairly.

To even begin on commenting on this change, I think more details have to be discussed.

1. Is this captain solely for picking?

If the answer is no, then what else will the captain be doing? Calling?

How will captains be added/chosen?

Edited by rufus

some people like the ever so cute *** play in div 3 at the moment but no one can deny that he is at least low div 1 to mid div 1.

Curious to who is this, I checked all the teams and can't seem to spot any?

To even begin on commenting on this change, I think more details have to be discussed.

1. Is this captain solely for picking?
  2. If the answer is no, then what else will the captain be doing? Calling?
  3. How will captains be added/chosen?

1. I would suggest it be solely for picking, but we would need community's ideas on how we could do it.

3. perhaps based off # of pugs played and voluntary? (like they do in NA)

Curious to who is this, I checked all the teams and can't seem to spot any?

m**

he is not officially rostered but he is part of a div 3 team

Tommy comes to mind as someone who should also be placed higher

Edited by coconut