Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
SakiIsa

Malaysia TF2 LAN Party!

GhcCV3U.jpg

LOVELY poster created by our very own Cell

Team Fortress 2 LAN Party

This 31st August 2014, the Can't Aim community is going to be hosting a LAN Party at Orange eSports Stadium at Prima Setapak 1. Come over show your cosmetics, strange and/or shiny kill-streak weapons and meet up with all the local Team Fortress 2 players. Say hi, share all the joy and laughter or just mingle around and get to know all the players in the community.

• Date: 31st August 2014
  • Time: 11am - 7pm
  • Venue: Orange eSports Stadium Setapak
  • Registration Fees: RM 10

A minimum of 36 players is needed to join this event. The registration fee is RM 10 split into two parts, va down payment of RM 5 to be made before the registration closing date and the remainder RM 5 to be paid on the spot. However, you will not be paying for nothing! If you come over for this event, sign in your name and sign out; you will receive TWO in-game keys FOR FREE! That's right! FREE! Just come over register yourself, play for fun and get two Team Fortress 2 keys for free by just having fun with us!

For you to be entitled to get the keys all you have to do is come to the event, pay the registration fees of RM10, sign in your registered name and steam profile and sign out. The next day our organizers will send you a trade offer or add you to trade the keys. It's THAT simple! 

The maximum number of player isn't really set yet. The more players who can attend the merrier this event will be. However, 3 days before the event (on 28th August), we will be closing registration. If there isn't any extra we will leave it as 36 players. So invite friends, share with others and spread the news. The more players the better! To any player that pays the registration fees of RM10 two days before the event, they will have the privilege of booking their own seat based on the floor plan we have attached. If you plan to sit beside your friend or even your special ones, you will be entitled to get choose wherever you guys desire on the map. You can message either SakiIsa or Faruko in regards to the method of payment. 

Players are allowed to bring their own gaming gears like keyboards, mice, headphones, and mouse pads and their own custom configs and huds in a thumbdrive but please take care of them yourselves. The organizers and sponsors will not be liable for any personal belongings misplaced during the event.

We will be hosting this event from 11am till 7pm. We will be conducting two events. The first will be a pub session. This is where all the participants who attend will be pitted against each other in Team Fortress 2's most famous public server maps such as 2Fort, Dustbowl, Goldrush and the last map will be based on voting. Stacking? There will be no such thing as we will be scrambling the teams as soon as there are enough players on each side.

The second event will consist of a highlander mix. The map will be Badwater. All 36 players (if there are more we will accommodate) will be divided to 4 teams and we will pit them against each other in a round robin. For this highlander mix, there is no best of 3 or double elimination format. All team will go against each other. On the other hand, prizes will not be given to the team with most wins.

This event focuses more about exposure and introducing a competitive aspect to newer players and/or players that haven't considered playing competitive before. What prizes are available to be won you ask? Well thanks to e-Club and Roccat we have some amazing prizes to give to the best players of each individual class based on votes by the players.

The best voted player of each class during the highlander tournament will be receiving prizes from the following list:-

• BEST SOLDIER: TEAM FORTRESS 2 RED SOLDIER ACTION FIGURE x 1 (valued at USD30)*
  • BEST HEAVY: TEAM FORTRESS 2 RED HEAVY ACTION FIGURE x 1 (valued at USD30)*
  • BEST DEMOMAN: TEAM FORTRESS 2 DEMOMAN ACTION FIGURE – BLU x 1 (valued at USD30)*
  • BEST PYRO:  TEAM FORTRESS 2 PYRO ACTION FIGURE – BLU x 1 (valued at USD30)*
  • THE REST OF THE 5 CLASSES: Roccat Lua mouse x 5 (valued at RM130 each)*

*you may discuss among the other winners if you wish to switch around the prizes. However, switching the prizes is subject to each individual’s mutual consent. The organizers of the event will not be responsible for any disputes that may occur.

That's not all! The player that is most enthusiastic, energetic, charismatic, full of joy will be rewarded with a TEAM FORTRESS 2 BALLOONICORN PLUSHIE (valued at US25)! If you have fun, scream, yell at the top of your lungs, keep it fun, respectful and practice good sportsmanship and you will be rewarded with the cute ballonicorn!

The entire event will be casted and be live streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/sakiisagames

So, what are you guys waiting for? Get your friends and family and join in the fun! The minimum number of players we need is 36 but the maximum is not yet set. So the more the merrier! Invite anyone you know, get your free keys and join in the fun!

For any questions, enquiries, suggestions or even if you willing to help you can always contact SakiIsa and/or Faruko or just post a comment/ reply to this thread.

See you at LAN!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1q2kaFcOPxFZG2ViErqW4u_PCPnmo1w5YBCzANKc1EQo/viewform?usp=send_form

Register using this form in the link above!

Map will be up soon!

• Like 6

Its great when people step up and take the initiative to have these events. I wish I could attend but Sunday is a no-go day for any guy in the armed forces here.

Hope everyone going has fun, and huge ups to the venue provider and roccat for their help

• Like 6

Its great when people step up and take the initiative to have these events. I wish I could attend but Sunday is a no-go day for any guy in the armed forces here.

Hope everyone going has fun, and huge ups to the venue provider and roccat for their help

its in kl u moron

its in kl u moron

BUS POWERS

hqdefault.jpg

Thanks mang :D

We're letting this be the 1st launch but considering the location we hope to host more HL and/or 6s here soon after the maiden launch :D

Will keep you in the loop as long as I have hats!

• Like 1

When it was in SG a few Malaysians did come down (like Saki,digi). Have you not taken a bus to kl in your life lol

I really wanted to come but alas I had a job to attend to

yeah you can do walk in registration if there's slot left. contact faruko or something i believe glhf :]

I got in quite late but I managed to make it in time for the Highlander event! It was tons of fun! Thank you for replying to my message!  :lol:

• Like 2

GG Well played everyone :) I guess the most important thing was not to win but to bring more awareness to the Malaysian Community about TF2. Now that we have a fresh start at this generation of TF2 (There was a LAN with SoK, Anomaly and pT way back in the days), hopefully this will inspire more events in the future :)

Shout-out to Jopper, Saki, Faruko and the rest who made this possible :)

• Like 3

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful time; definitely worth the trip! Great to have met so many of you and get more people introduced to what TF2 has to offer.

Have much to learn but this has been even more motivation to try.

Cheers.

• Like 3

On behalf of the CA team, I would like to thank every one who attended the LAN. I would especially like to thank both Caldoran and nagy for taking the time from their busy schedules to come down from Singapore to Malaysia to participate and support this LAN. I would also like to thank all those who have sponsored this event. It would not have been possible without all of your support.

Your in-game rewards will be credited to you sometime during this week, at the latest, on the 3rd September 00:00:00. The reason for the delay is due to the amount of energy required by all our organizers to make this event possible. We thank you, in advance, for your patience and hope to see you in any upcoming future LAN's

Edited by FarukoTakeru
  • Like 3

GG Well played everyone :) I guess the most important thing was not to win but to bring more awareness to the Malaysian Community about TF2. Now that we have a fresh start at this generation of TF2 (There was a LAN with SoK, Anomaly and pT way back in the days), hopefully this will inspire more events in the future :)

Shout-out to Jopper, Saki, Faruko and the rest who made this possible :)

there's a promo code with your action figure bro... wonder wut is it D:

there's a promo code with your action figure bro... wonder wut is it D:

It's the tears of all the other Demos.

On the actual LAN, I got an extra key for being this close to Cry for best Scout and since I didn't need an extra mouse in the first place and I can buy something I actually want with a key,baa.jpg

Edited by digitaliron
  • Like 2