This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Summer

latest update - roundtable

I've been stuck in camp so I haven't had the opportunity to test any of the new shit, but a stream I was watching showed ridiculous shit like an almost perfectly placed kritzed sticky doing 130 damage to a medic..

Anyway I'm surprised there's been 0 discussion on this at all. Bar comp play, I heard tf2 pubs are just a shitfest of endless conga lines now so is this the end of real'fun' tf2?

can we have a new picking system where the captains use the paper scissors rock taunt to decide who picks first?

Our pug system is pretty much unrivalled now, don't see any reason to change it for the sake of novelty.

Man the base jumper thing looks so gimmicky. Probably gave the sticky ramp up so pubbers can't just float and rain down sticks

TBH, I think this is not the end for demoman as a competitive class, but rather a role switch. If the new shield is allowed, it will really change how demo is played, making it a roamer with higher damage output and a good chance of really devastating the enemy by picking off the medic.

Kritz will be used as a pocket soldier's tool to 400dpm or boosting damage of the new rocket launcher which may become popular among roamers.

Conga lines are a novelty, it will stop sooner or later.

The new rocket launcher and parachute may prove effective in roaming better. I actually disagree with summer's point about the base jumper being gimmicky. It may seem that way at first but it can be used to avoid airshots by messing up the jump trajectory and provides more time for the soldier to rain down rockets with the new rocket launcher. 

But I'm not good enough to actually prove my theories and I've quit playing TF2 seriously anyways.

• Like 1

Shounic probably talking about Soldier's parachute. Can airstrafe quite a bit which reduces the airshot-begging I guess.

i can't see a reason why the demoman shield would be allowed. it's too "broken". i don't see a reason to allow the new rocket launcher. it will make the medic's life unnecessarily harder, and the new rocket launcher would allow the soldier to put 200+ dmg on the medic without even landing. the stock rocket launcher/original is fine.

As for the demoman, I haven't tested it yet. but since it takes 2 seconds to reach highest possible damage output, would that mean that it rewards demomans with a rollout equivalently fast but lesser health taken off?

overall, i just think this update was complete bullshit.

Parachute at the expense of pipes with the sticky ramp up damage?

I didn't know demo had a parachute. I was speaking of the soldier's parachute.

Edit: I was talking about the soldier's base jumper, not the demo's, sorry my fault, I didn't see that you were talking about the demo's and I do agree that it has little benefit to the demo with the sticky nerf. What I do think it is for the demo is a wee booties replacement since the new shield has such great mobility, it provides a z-axis for the demo to explore as well (Yes, it is gimmicky for the demo).

Edited by blurr

i can't see a reason why the demoman shield would be allowed. it's too "broken". i don't see a reason to allow the new rocket launcher. it will make the medic's life unnecessarily harder, and the new rocket launcher would allow the soldier to put 200+ dmg on the medic without even landing. the stock rocket launcher/original is fine.

As for the demoman, I haven't tested it yet. but since it takes 2 seconds to reach highest possible damage output, would that mean that it rewards demomans with a rollout equivalently fast but lesser health taken off?

overall, i just think this update was complete bullshit.

Don't think this way and conclude on pure theorycrafting. Actual balanced unlocks will never be allowed if you close your mind to them and make immediate broad assumptions about their impact on the game.

Gunboats allows Soldiers to jump for free! Medics will never survive!

Kritzkrieg has faster charge! That means a permanent ~20% Uber advantage!

etc.

• Like 1

imagine this

soldier has already two kills with his new unlock toy, 1 rocket to jump, he can empty 4 rockets on the poor medic.

compared to gunboats, it's always the soldier has 3 rockets to fire. furthermore, unlock + gunboats = ???

kritz: could be countered by just informing your team when they are running/full charge krit. note that counter here doesn't mean complete negation but instead putting yourself at a more advantageous position.

looking back, we have not fully explored and play with these new weapons. who knows whether they will be useful (and impactful towards said meta)? but till then, this update brought nothing but frowns from me.

Some funny quotes when i was talking to dohash

hi im sinatiku: yes
hi im sinatiku: this update for fucking animal pub players
hi im sinatiku: 'fuck comp TF2' by valve
hi im sinatiku: FUCK OFF

iиg smr: demo so shit in public game now
κiиg smr: sg server are all taunting
κiиg smr: and dancing
κiиg smr: wtf
hi im sinatiku: LOL
hi im sinatiku: thats
hi im sinatiku: animal
hi im sinatiku: monkey
hi im sinatiku: why pub players
hi im sinatiku: all monkey
hi im sinatiku: cant understand

THE TRUTH
  • Like 1

i dont think u can make enough noise for them to hear you. valve is in usa and its quite hard to make enough noise for them to hear you from singapore though

If we make enough noise about it, will Valve reverse this? Have they ever done that before?

They've reversed a change following competitive players' complaints before, with the Badlands mid window coming to mind.

• Like 1

They've reversed a change following competitive players' complaints before, with the Badlands mid window coming to mind.

If our god is a rational one, they will adjust the nerf. It's even a trending topic on /r/tf2, so I would be hopeful.