This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
spammah

Server #5 versus Server #6 Battle! (The planning thread)

We've decided that because unlike #6 one mass orgy kind of thing, #5 has several communities that play during different times so there will most likely be divisions of the rather large amounts of regulars on #5. (if you think your queues are bad to get into #6, you havent seen the 2 hour waits and 43 retries queuing on #5 peak periods).

suggested divides that you can sign up for????:

Regular #5 Regulars AKA the day/evening players (If you have to ask, this is probably where you apply to)

Indians and insomniacs AKA the late night players (11pm sg time onwards crowd)

AIDS AKA the really old school, idiotic players (if you remember those sex talks the same 14-20 people who were on almost every night of '09 had, you'd know who you are. This chapter would probably be 3/4 gay4u anyway lol.)

#6 Team 1

#6 Team 2 (if you need)

#1/2/3/4 Randoms & Rejects

Subs (people who dont mind being duty-ready spectators that will come into the game if substitute players are needed for players that d/c or gtg early or come late or busy sucking spammah etc)

Keep contributing people, we're going to settle on a decision soon.

evening ah falre..

which brings us back to this (If you have to ask, this is probably where you apply to)

Guest Sultan Of Cake

I belong to the golden era of AIDS.... Where that AIDS stands for Abnormally Intensive Demo Spammage...

may i know what is #5 and #6 wtf are you guys talking about lol <:

you were banned.

ban.

Server: TBA

Date: Make this happen in two weeks from now or something.

Rules: No rules. No class restrictions. Nothing. Just picture another regular day in Server #5/#6 when suddenly 12 random pubfags /ragequit cuz your stacked team's raping them and suddenly an all-star pub team from the other competing servers come in to challenge you! Then it turns into a battle of the e-peens!

Maps: We'll go with cp_dustbowl, pl_goldrush, pl_pipeline, pl_badwater, pl_hoodoo. I know the Server #2/#5 regulars most prolly haven't played the pl_ maps much but that's no excuse. If you've played enough Server #5 then you should have no troubles adjusting to the pl_ maps.

SourceTV: Available but depends on servers... which I'll check up on soon-ish.

Who plays who?: In this situation, the Server #6 community has the right to choose who they want to play against first since their community's a clique-sort of group fags (who laugh at their own shitty random jokes etc.). Obviously it'd be unfair if every Server #2/#5 "group" wanted to test their mettle vs the single Server #6 community. So this whole event could take place over the duration of a few days. If you have better solutions, please post them here.

Like I've mentioned, there are no rules at all. Feel free to cuss, trashtalk, do whatever you like. But please maintain a certain level of civility since we're running this whole event in good fun, and NO cheating/exploiting.

Scorelimit, timelimit: Regular Starhub settings. Map changes after 2 hours or after X amount of rounds have ended or whatever. I don't remember the exact values. I'll check up on them later.

How to participate: If you want to sign up your whole group, please make a post and list all the players nicks in your group. If you're a single individual, make a post and if there are enough, we'll gather y'all in a group or something.

Oh, and just to make this truly epic, can one of the GFX whores please conjure up some amazing Server #5 vs Server #6 jizzable jizzy jizz poster?

I've heard that some of the Server #6 regulars have banded up to try some scrims or something of that sort. I've seen a steam group etc. If you guys have any questions or doubts or whatever, please feel free to go through the boards at AsiaFortress.com and hit me up or anyone else with anything you might have.

I think for the maps we should do 1 common map (pl_goldrush), 1 other map from each server where it is not on the other server (cp_dustbowl from #5, and either pl_badwater or pl_hoodoo from #6) and finally 2 maps that is non-existent in both servers for "neutrality".

(EDIT: ok just saw cake's post @_@ I second that lol)

We just need a server then good to go. Now asshol you made me add one too many posts to ruin my post count

WE GOT A SERVER! :)

hcaz has kindly agreed to sponsor an E-Club server for this event! Maps included will be cp_dustbowl, pl_goldrush, pl_badwater, pl_hoodoo, and the inclusion of plr_pipeline depends on community votes. We'll put server IP and stuff when we've ironed out the server kinks and stuff.

Cameron, please start sign-ups!

Cameron's ninja edit: But i dont want to get any more posts :( nah j/k ill do it up tmrw

Guest Sultan Of Cake

I swear my Allegiance to #5.

You have my word.

AND MY BOW!

Admittedly, getting the message across to such a vast wide variety of #5 pubfags is getting harder than I initially thought. We're gonna gather as many as possible anyway!