This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
spammah

Server #5 versus Server #6 Battle! (The planning thread)

Some people have been contemplating this for quite a while. Anyone game? Cameron, get your butt in here and organize this epic battle!

Server: Kindly sponsored by E-club

Date: Make this happen in two weeks from now or something.

Rules: No rules. No class restrictions. Nothing. Just picture another regular day in Server #5/#6 when suddenly 12 random pubfags /ragequit cuz your stacked team's raping them and suddenly an all-star pub team from the other competing servers come in to challenge you! Then it turns into a battle of the e-peens!

Maps: We'll go with cp_dustbowl, pl_goldrush, pl_pipeline, pl_badwater, pl_hoodoo. I know the Server #2/#5 regulars most prolly haven't played the pl_ maps much but that's no excuse. If you've played enough Server #5 then you should have no troubles adjusting to the pl_ maps.

SourceTV: Available but depends on servers... which I'll check up on soon-ish.

Who plays who?: In this situation, the Server #6 community has the right to choose who they want to play against first since their community's a clique-sort of group fags (who laugh at their own shitty random jokes etc.). Obviously it'd be unfair if every Server #2/#5 "group" wanted to test their mettle vs the single Server #6 community. So this whole event could take place over the duration of a few days. If you have better solutions, please post them here.

Like I've mentioned, there are no rules at all. Feel free to cuss, trashtalk, do whatever you like. But please maintain a certain level of civility since we're running this whole event in good fun, and NO cheating/exploiting.

Scorelimit, timelimit: Regular Starhub settings. Map changes after 2 hours or after X amount of rounds have ended or whatever. I don't remember the exact values. I'll check up on them later.

How to participate: If you want to sign up your whole group, please make a post and list all the players nicks in your group. If you're a single individual, make a post and if there are enough, we'll gather y'all in a group or something.

K here are some floating thoughts of both cake and I.

- There should be no fixed number of teams or a strict #5 vs #6. From the 6v9 incident, we should just let them all sign up then decide the number vs number etc or its going to get messy.

-The alternative to the 6v9 method of signups would be to get volunteer captains to form their own teams representing server. For example, Gay4u ALLSTARS from #5 etc etc.

- NO class restrictions, NO unlock restrictions, NO tactical restrictions. DO NOT stand in the way of spontaneous displays of battle brilliance. This is a pub: spawncamping, fullcharge bodyshotting, taunting and all sort of other AIDS will be found. No exploits though.

- The common map will be played first. This is none other than the ultimate spamfaggotry awesome pl_goldrush. Winner picks 2nd map.

-If we actually pull this shit off, invite all participants to join a new steam group. Call it Asiafortress Stupid Events Comm. or something. Theres always room for more brilliant pub events. (stuff like halloween KOTH isnt really played on public servers)

Only problem here would be server choice, must have enough slots for the maximum of 12v12 and also admin slots.

keep up the contributions people... what do you guys want to see.

Nothing much to plan TBH. 12v12 anything goes. Just need to sort out the server. Preferably this event takes place in Server #6 on the rare day that it won't be occupied.

Also both sides gotta sign up for this shit. So that means 12 entries (+subs) for Server #5 team and 12 + subs for Server #6. Can't have the random pubber come in and interrupt this epicness!

You think domo will allow us to use his servers for such a event? =X

I can imagine the instant no to the face. And the indignity of the random pubber who joined the game who is told to gtfo.

Cleric favorite server

I bet he is raising a secret army there to suddenly spring from the ground like potatoes and usurp the balance in the realm' date=' causing widespread unrest and political chaos.[hr']

Ok spermah some questions that need immediate answers.

Server choice - we cant use #6 or any of the SH pub servers cos theres no admin and shits going to be a mess with map changing and shit. Is there a way to temp increase the AFL slots? can the server handle that? What about gamesync as bright mentioned.. the faster we solve this the better

STV - Try to get it set up as much as possible cos people are looking foward to this

Teams - I think the response (from #5 at least) might be enough to put up 2 teams from each side so expect that. Otherwise we'll just have 3 teams (#2 #5 #6) I think it might just be better to go with the captains pick their own teams shit.

Final Boss - should we have the winning team face off against some kind of handpicked ninja warrior allstars squad?

Steam grp - It would be really nice to archive all our shit like the 6v9 and the upcoming 2v2 bball. Plus its easier to host events in future. I will set it up when we open registration. We need a name (AFL pub event division? :o).

Date + Time - Any public holiday coming up? Else friday or saturday night would be nice.

Guest Sultan Of Cake

The last time we discussed this, we decided to have #2 involved as well... there's a small community in #2 that's semi-outcasted from #5....

- 9v9

- No class restrictions

- All weapons allowed

Best 2 of 3,

Play 1 map that's exclusive to #5

Play 1 map that's exclusive to #6

If draw happens, play goldrush which is neutral for both sides or something like gravelpit which both sides don't play

The last time we discussed this' date=' we decided to have #2 involved as well... there's a small community in #2 that's semi-outcasted from #5....

- 9v9

- No class restrictions

- All weapons allowed

Best 2 of 3,

Play 1 map that's exclusive to #5

Play 1 map that's exclusive to #6

If draw happens, play goldrush which is neutral for both sides or something like gravelpit which both sides don't play

[/quote']

I like the gravelpit idea, more neutrality.