This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Flare

Pocket solly tips

Btw' date=' as a soldier turned demo, I have to say a soldier is harder to play than a demoman.

[/quote']

looking at my bro play demo makes me beg to differ...

Cannot believe, simply because Flare wears the Tyrant Helm over the Stainless Pot. Sorry, but how can I take your advice onboard when you don't take the necessary measures to look like a dapper (and properly mentally deficient) killing machine as you airshot idiots. Instead, you apparently choose to look like some kind of mongloid viking warlord? Fashion sense is like .... ; everything, sister.

(personally I find Demo really really hard and unforgiving. But I am terrible).

Cannot believe' date=' simply because Flare wears the Tyrant Helm over the Stainless Pot. Sorry, but how can I take your advice onboard when you don't take the necessary measures to look like a dapper (and properly mentally deficient) killing machine as you airshot idiots. Instead, you apparently choose to look like some kind of mongloid viking warlord? Fashion sense is like .... ; [i']everything, sister[/i].

You are my new favourite person.

demo is fun fun to play.

solly is not fun fun to play

All of these answers are not fun fun to play,

medic is fun fun to play.

Cannot believe' date=' simply because Flare wears the Tyrant Helm over the Stainless Pot. Sorry, but how can I take your advice onboard when you don't take the necessary measures to look like a dapper (and properly mentally deficient) killing machine as you airshot idiots. Instead, you apparently choose to look like some kind of mongloid viking warlord? Fashion sense is like .... ; [i']everything, sister[/i].

who the fuck are u. WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU.

Thats true, however also pretty much true of any class.

My point is simply that a well played demoman singlehandedly affects the game to a far greater extent than any other well played class. Not talking about carry demos versus carry soldiers/scouts who team wipe, but just the normal, well played demoman can achieve more in the game/output significantly more damage than other normal but well played classes.

Many invite level (especially euro div 1 teams) have all simultaneously/unanimously arrived at the conclusion that it is far more efficient for soldiers to play turtle or outright suicide simply because the demo can hold down an entire team if well supported.

Look at ducky, solidsnake, ryb and alexwut. Certainly their teams' sollies arent weak, but they simply realise that just letting scouts frag enemy demo and demo team sweep requires much less effort and is far more reliable than expecting your pocket and roamer to lead. Not that they cant, as relic proved in the recent lan finals where col intentionally shifted their focus away from the demo/scouts just to have relic have his fun.

who the fuck are u. WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU.

He's the pocket soldier of Fray. Div 1 aus clan.

PS : He thinks Pot > ALL. Whadafool.

Thats true' date=' however also pretty much true of any class.

My point is simply that a well played demoman singlehandedly affects the game to a far greater extent than any other well played class. Not talking about carry demos versus carry soldiers/scouts who team wipe, but just the normal, well played demoman can achieve more in the game/output significantly more damage than other normal but well played classes.

Many invite level (especially euro div 1 teams) have all simultaneously/unanimously arrived at the conclusion that it is far more efficient for soldiers to play turtle or outright suicide simply because the demo can hold down an entire team if well supported.

Look at ducky, solidsnake, ryb and alexwut. Certainly their teams' sollies arent weak, but they simply realise that just letting scouts frag enemy demo and demo team sweep requires much less effort and is far more reliable than expecting your pocket and roamer to lead. Not that they cant, as relic proved in the recent lan finals where col intentionally shifted their focus away from the demo/scouts just to have relic have his fun.

[/quote']

Your point has been well discussed over9000 times in the competitive community. And yes its true that the demo has a more significant role in 6v6 than other classes purely due to its dmg output and ability to take down multiple enemies. But as you said that only happens when a good demo is well supported by its team. In a lone fight demo will most likely get 2 meatshotted by scouts and solly at close range. That comes to the point of NA prefered pocket solly or EU prefered pocket demo.

Well most good sollys /whine about this you are free to express your point. You can whine like fragga, which happens daily and gets his ass hated by the community or just deal with it.

mmm ducky, solidsnake, ryb alexwut... no. just extremer : DD

Hey on a good note at least you dont resemble most asian sollys around here imo which. pretty much is frag-for-food.

Ya i agree 1 v 1 solo encounters demo is by far the shittiest shit.

Though fuck pipes FUCK PIPES 100 DMG AT MAX RANEG WT?!?#?!

Yea this thread was created as a pure rage response to getting piped across the map for no reason by a random demo i dont even know who who obviously wasnt aiming.

Not sure whether azn sollies are relatively worse or azn demos. I think azn sollies though considering there are way fewer demos and they arent as bad. Im not too distraught though dont see azn demos pulling duckyshits all over, will whine harder when the demos get better.

Dw flare I may call your hat choice out for limited amusement but we can hate on demomen leading all the ubers these days together.

ps. did you watch idk's season though flare wai actually played traditional pocket and got heals like extremer and it worked they won they won they won squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

well if you had a demo who can nail pipes like extremer not much point for sollies anyway.

o and fuck all u shitty demos if you are a demo and you cant carry go FUCK urself