This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Misfit

AFLAN.SG Feedback

I cannot confirm the space crouch thing as i didnt experience that issue myself. Did you guys that experience it bring your own equipment? It could be keyboard input ghosting maybe

Aycan found out it was the keyboard regional settings that caused the space crouch problem. We were later able to solve the issue for the people that did bring it to our attention.

That's why I kept saying don't hero, any shit not working come find me.

Eh, the space+crouch thing is due to the default hotkey to change the language in windows. I only noticed it after i kept failing my rollouts for my first match. When i took over another computer in the evening the hotkey was the default as well. So maybe next time we could add a guide on how to disable the language settings?

From my personal experience, it's not always that. My desktop doesn't have any language settings yet once in a while (for a reason I cannot determine, and when it happens seem extremely random, though it seems to do with the way tf2 is closed / whether or not it gets closed) it decides to fuck up.

For example, the first launch (since restart of computer) of tf2 will be fine for me, then if I go restart tf2 (e.g. for overlay) then it decides to die. Tried unplugging, etc, still won't fix. Then sometimes it doesn't break at all. It's similar to the overlay, haven't changed anything in the settings and it decides to work. 

And to set the record straight once and for all to stop the behind the scenes arguments, everyone at the venue contributed.

All the organizing commitee, colo, tech guys, casters, players and even specs made the event successful

Puzz not only helped with the casting but he wanted to help boost our lan with a plan that fell through eventually. Definitely unfair to say that he 'sat around and did nothing'

If anything he probably did more than me lol

• Like 1

"sat around and do nothing" was a mistake i said in a spur moment of anger and I publicly apologized, it was mean of me to say such things, if anything, he definitely helped in anyway he could but if he wanted to help boost our lan, he could have told me as well.

It's an idea i just threw in there. If you guys feel Colosseum can provide with better PCs and services for the future events then sure. The suggestion i made is merely just a suggestion. 

No offence this was a great success but looking back at how Masters Cup LAN was and this LAN, you guys should know the difference. Because this LAN was held in a LAN shop where u have their own customary settings etc. (Hence the CTRL+SPACE is actually a shortcut to switch between languages as most internet cafes and LAN shop have em and it's a bitch to turn that off) and LAN shops have their own summary billings etc. too which have a connection of software that most people don't understand unless they were like me during their childhood and spent like half their lives in Internet Cafes.

Speaking about safety precautions, it's not like we are going to have the tournament in a ghetto or like a place full of mobsters and hookers. If you guys want to talk about safety, how safe is Singapore anyways? Or any where else on the globe for that matter. You can even be at your school and still be fall into the drain if your not careful enough. Yes Malaysia have bad reputation with the recent MH370 incident etc. but please don't say a country isn't safe just because your family isn't in that country. No where is safe if your not careful enough.

The real LAN gaming tournament experience isn't really fully experienced if it's at a LAN Shop/Internet Cafe. Don't get me wrong my suggestion was merely to give you guys the best and full on experience of gaming tournaments that i used to participated. It was grand, epic and tons of fun. But then again as i said i was just suggesting. It's up to you guys on what you guys feel the best.

Next LAN i humbly volunteer myself to be on the technical side of stuff. Hopefully i can play and be part of the technical team :]

• Like 1

Youre thinking about game expos (which we are definitely looking into in the future)

Our playerbase is too small and young to have byopc events, let alone travel to a foreign country to play video games. It'll be fun though, no doubt

Youre thinking about game expos (which we are definitely looking into in the future)

Our playerbase is too small and young to have byopc events, let alone travel to a foreign country to play video games. It'll be fun though, no doubt

Yeah, the majority of the AF population lies in Singapore, and as a foreigner, Singapore is #ez to navigate. The place is so tiny it's like impossible to get lost anywhere.