This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
erio

Post AFLAN.SG Thread

I wish we did. was a good fight, especially Homely Hobos and Team Sharkbait. we had lack of media guys and most of them were players themselves, by the time Finals was playing, everyone was just too tired. People volunteered to cast, people like Cuteman who still had tons of energy at 12am in the bloody morning after playing games himself, people like Russkan, Azazel even helped with casting, even Cleric.

i enjoyed the 1/2 hours i spent there cal u should eat and sleep more

would be nice if some people could walk around and call nice plays to the camaraman throughout its not hard and would improve the spectator experience (although the place was pretty cramped D:)

i think that homely hobos played like a beast there 8)

the lan was awesome and i met lots of cool people there but the place was smaller than what i expected

i can't believe bokonon is korean

walaoo my casting hud, sponsors overlay and match points overlay D:

homely hobos upsetting ffs 2-1 was amazing

Edited by Bob

Hobos and sharkbait both played really well, really good matches all around even with so many technical glitches. Finals vs coy was great too, love that classic rivalry with allstars

Wont forget pinkies utility plays which got caught on the big screen, or sakisas headshot sprees, definitely need to get on to producing the lan highlight vid :D

• Like 2

can I get access to LAN footage/demos? I would like to make a highlight vid even if someone else is appointed the official LAN-highlight-vid maker

they're in the downloads section, but currently unsorted.

I think the limelight really goes for those two teams. Team Homely Hobos and Team Sharkbait. They fought really hard, H2 were sitting on that bloody chair for hours. incoming two strong local teams!!

jigglesaur beasting..

• Like 1

For me, even though sitting on that chair playing non stop tf2 was admittedly tiring, it was definitely an experience I will not regret, all that adrenaline pumping and hype just from the crowd makes your TF2 gameplay so much more fun!

Hopefully the VODs get casted by some of casters like eXtine and Admirable, it would be some interesting insight as well.

And oh to those who spent buckets of saliva casting the LAN thanks so much as well! :)

• Like 1

Hi Erio! I would say thanks for everything but heard you've been telling the community I sat around and did nothing! Glad to see such high levels of appreciation on your end!

Firstly, congratulations to 6k, coy had no answer for this rr-fueld machine (holy-shit the war cries). Overall it was a fantastic social and competitive event, let's hope this will be a springboard for af to reach greater heights.

• Like 2

Hi Erio! I would say thanks for everything but heard you've been telling the community I sat around and did nothing! Glad to see such high levels of appreciation on your end!

hahahah selective hearing I see :) you casted. what's next? if the community only consist of 7 people in mumble, yeah okay.. :) nice community.

when we were out of casters, were you the one running around finding them? you wanted to be in charge of onsite casting... do your job, because I trusted that you would help me or whoever on that side, I was really disappointed I had to be the one worried about having no casters. I would prefer to talk to you personally, but since it's an open book here, I'm just gonna say it here. Thank you for coming in the morning and helping. I might say, you did pretty well in casting.

I'd like to thank Marion especially for organizing this event even though she was (and probably still is) piled up with work. Lots of perseverance there babe, gotta hand it to you :)

Thanks to benny, cald, cam and erio for matters pertaining to match brackets and technical issues during online/lan (cald u look like you were gonna K.O any moment).
Thank you Rufus for whatever u did to fix twitch and administrative matters (I bet u were still shouting in Jerald's car at 3AM)
Thank u myself for the gfx.

Big thank you to Puzzled for casting the matches (4 matches if im not wrong meaning approx 11maps or so back to back) and being there early to help out.

Nagy the photographer as well. Your commitment in helping out is really great to see (if u guys dont know. This photographer snapped pics non stop till 3AM)

Lastly a big thank you to everyone else who offered to help during the event-Cutieman cleric, Bait <even tho u shy u did it! for casting; fishee <for helping me when I was tired doing the stv directing; Gene for supporting Rze all the way (Die desmond die!!) And others (sorry if I missed out any names).

I think the one who persevered the most is actually Spiky Cactus who played Osu! from 11am to 2am and Tetris from 2am to 3am. /claps

CONGRATS 6KINGS AND COY AND SHARKBAIT!!! :)

Rufus MVP. Aycan MVP.

Edited by teal
  • Like 3

hahahah selective hearing I see :) you casted. what's next? if the community only consist of 7 people in mumble, yeah okay.. :) nice community.

when we were out of casters, were you the one running around finding them? you wanted to be in charge of onsite casting... do your job, because I trusted that you would help me or whoever on that side, I was really disappointed I had to be the one worried about having no casters. I would prefer to talk to you personally, but since it's an open book here, I'm just gonna say it here. Thank you for coming in the morning and helping. I might say, you did pretty well in casting.

Seeing as myself and my casting team either personally casted or arranged for casters for almost every single necessary map i fail to see the point you are driving home.

However I would have expected nothing else but ingratitude and insults from you as usual if you had not hypocritically " thank you for everything you did puzz " at 3am in the morning.I would also like to point out that you failed to mention the numerous other things I did for AFLAN.SG on site itself.

PS. Since it is an open book, I would like to sincerely thank you for stepping on my feet 17 times. The pain really helped to keep me awake.

Also I would like to say nice history of your rewritten post below which was kindly pointed out to me through a cloud of laughter. I guess you realized there were about 50 people who saw me not "sitting in my chair doing nothing" if I got your behind closed doors insults right.

eriotic

Posted Today, 10:32 AM

Morgan, on 24 Mar 2014 - 03:18 AM, said:snapback.png

hahahah selective hearing I see  :) you casted. what's next? if the community only consist of 7 people in mumble, yeah okay..  :) nice community.

when we were out of casters, were you the one running around finding them? you wanted to be in charge of onsite casting... do your job. I would prefer to talk to you personally, but since it's an open book here, I'm just gonna say it here. Thank you for 'helping'.

Edited by Morgan

when we were out of casters, were you the one running around finding them? you wanted to be in charge of onsite casting... do your job. I would prefer to talk to you personally, but since it's an open book here, I'm just gonna say it here. Thank you for 'helping'.

I apologize for my means to be sarcastic but I realized I was wrong.

it was not hypocritical thanks that I gave you at 3am in the morning, it was sincere and I thank you for the things that you helped out with but I won't take back my words about you abandoning it. If I hadn't find myself finding for casters half the time, maybe I should thank you more, but I had to.

I'm glad I could keep you awake by stepping on your foot :)

I don't think its right to brush off puzzled's efforts and say that he wasn't doing his job well. I could easily say the same to you as well. when we were out of casters, were you the one running around finding them? you wanted to be in charge of onsite casting... do your job - honestly speaking, finding people to volunteer for casting during LAN is not as difficult as casting for 11 maps straight without a good long break in between. Puzzled held the mic and spoke continuously for approx 5 hours or more and its not easy to cast considering the STV director just changes POV without warning. At least applaud him for his efforts rather than say that he "sat around and did nothing". You can't expect him to cast for all the games (and if he can't, say that he abandoned his post) and immediately prepare for his own matches, that's just mean. 

well as much as i love to read this giant wall of text between two lovers.. lets talk about more important stuff yeah?

Puzz...

I want my bandito pocket meal!!!! :)

• Like 1