This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
j_u

LAN Appreciation

I haven't seen this around so I thought I'd go ahead and start it.

A BIG thank you to organisers of AFLAN - I had a super fun time in my 1-2 hours there and it's all thanks to the great people of asiafortress who put in lots of time and effort into this event.

Shoutouts to erio, misfit, caldoran and anyone else on the ground (sry i dont quite know lel) yesterday for sacrificing meals and sleep (idk cal looked sleep-deprived) to make sure everything went well, your commitment to the community is very much appreciated :).

Special mention goes to nagy for sacrificing hang out time with us to keep the event covered. Much love <3

Hope to see more great events to pop up in the future, and once again thank you to the organisers :))))))))

• Like 2

woohooo. It was fun! Thanks to all the organisers who made AFLAN happen! 10/10 would come again if there's another one in the future :D

• Like 1

Also would like to thank the admin team, with shoutouts to Madman and Caldoran for helping out with technical issues. :)

Edited by Biotics
  • Like 2

Thanks for a super fun 19 hours (not).

-everyone who stayed until the finals were finally concluded at 3am.

Just kidding la, but it was amazing to see one of the rare times where games were so close, even at the lower brackets, as opposed to the typical 5-0 rolls. Shoutouts to some of the teams that marathoned 6 to 8 maps in a row and still kept going ahaha.

Thanks everyone for the incredible turnout! It was really great getting to know the individuals of our community and finally being able to put a face to the players whom I normally play against online.

Special shoutouts to Summer, Erio, Misfit for making this event happen, and Cal, mm and Saki for helping out with any technical issues.

On a side note, some improvements to be done would probably include simulating a 6v6 scrim (sitting 12 players down and playing a scrim) to check for any server/PC related technical issues that may arise during the actual match. For example, I had severe hit registration issues that surfaced only when our team was playing our 3rd map (before that it was relatively tolerable), probably due to a server overload. The ctrl (crouch) and spacebar (jump) keys also couldn't be used simultaneously and even Saki couldn't identify the problem, so I just had to play with it as I didn't want to extend the preparation time when we were all already so behind schedule. These problems severely affected my gameplay, the former my aim/dmg output, the latter my movement.

I'm sure I speak for most scout players when I say that I was honestly quite frustrated when my shots that were supposed to deal 80-102 dmg ended up as mere sparks bouncing off my opponent, only to have him kill me. The hitreg problems were eventually solved when it became apparent that more and more scout players were having this problem (during the coy vs sharkbait match map 2), but I still do feel this issue could have been addressed and dealt with even before the LAN.

Nevertheless, it was a relatively well organised event and I had loads of fun spectating the super intense matches being played out!

• Like 2

+1.

I could not stay for a long amount of time. I am quite overloaded by work at my school (NTU)

In my short amount of time there, I felt that this event is at well ran. Kudos to the ones who planned this tourney.

Photos please :D I want to see!

PS: I will be back from May. See you guys in pug okay :D

• Like 1

Thank you everyone who attended the event, and especially the guys and girls who helped organized it :)

I'd like to apologize for all the things that could have gone better (Server issues, cfg issues, time, streams etc) but we do hope you guys can forgive us and we assure you that we will improve on them for future events, which will definitely be bigger and better based on the amazing response we received yesterday.

I do hope you all have enjoyed yourselves, and that we continue playing this game and stay united as the Asiafortress community

• Like 2

before the official photos are out heres my random shot of the last moments of the 3am final between the unintentionally color-coded kings vs coy

qdqN726.jpg

• Like 3

before the official photos are out heres my random shot of the last moments of the 3am final between the unintentionally color-coded kings vs coy

qdqN726.jpg

MOREEEEEEEEEEE PICTURESSS

Hi all, thanks for all the feedback both positive and negative, I really appreciate it and would keep it all in mind. I'd like to share a few of my thoughts, if you all could bear with my wall of text :D

I'd first like to apologize for the MAJOR screwup in the initial setting up of configs etc. plus the later hitreg/hardware problems. These things could have been better planned and tested by me before the event, and I'd like to apologize to the players who experienced issues that impacted their gameplay, especially Sharkbait who were playing without Mumble for their first match. I'd definitely use the large amounts of experience and lessons I learned to make the next event(s) better.

My most heartfelt thanks first go out to Misfit, erio, Summer, Madman, teal, rufus, and the other people who helped organize and make this LAN possible. It was a long, but overall enjoyable 19 hours of TF2, and I am grateful that I could be part of the event. Next, I'd like to thank whoever helped out with the technical issues, especially Saki and Madman again, who were invaluable in helping me solve the problems which I couldn't, like the Mumble sound issues. The staff of The Colosseum were also incredibly helpful and friendly throughout the event, and I'd also like to thank them.

Finally, I'd like to thank each and every player for being so patient and understanding in the face of the frustrating technical problems they were facing. I understand it must have been very annoying and/or frustrating when problems arose, especially when they reared their head during an ongoing match. I again apologize for the problems that happened, and I will ensure that these problems are kept to the minimum the next time.

Now onto the event itself, it was very, very fun to watch as a spectator. The intense matches between H2 and ffs, just to name one, were incredible to watch, and unexpected plays like PinkiePie's forward Sentry to defend spire drew LOUD cheers (and gasps and laughter) from the crowd. The atmosphere was almost surreal, and despite being burned out at several points in time, I still found myself cheering on the players as they made incredible plays right on the projector.

Congratulations to 6k, the winners of AFLAN.SG, who endured the intense matches against coy right down to 2:45 am!

I'd like to also shoutout to 2 very different types of players, namely rufus and Ry4n. While rufus could be heard shouting excited calls of "NICE! NICE!" "MEDIC DOWN! PUSH PUSH PUSH!" throughout the entire matches, Ry4n would be sitting - calm, expressionless, unmoving - and giving concise calls to his team. It was fun to watch you guys play, to say the least :D

And finally to the Malaysians who took the trip down here for the LAN, hedwig and Saki. Hope you all found Singapore fun, and we all hope to see you again soon enough! :D

All in all, many lessons were learned, much fun was had, and much gratefulness to many people I have no idea how I could repay. Thanks to everyone for making AFLAN.SG possible and the incredible event it was, and I hope I could see you all in another bigger, better event soon enough.

• Like 2

Random jump and hug count: 24

Hair ruffled count: 12

Overall totally worth coming down to sg, Loved the whole darn thing. How you lot managed until 3 is beyond me so gratz to erryone who played cuz it was amazin'.

Homely hobos were so flipping wired in to their games it was amazing how they did.

GG King on the lan as well as coy during our match as well it was a lovely experience.

To all the staff working down to the last minute ( Cal my goodness you need a holiday after this holiday haha, Eri I'm glad you liked bubble wrap, Misfit thank you for the tips on my 1st stuttery casting, Madman for helping with mumble when I gave up).

+1 to MM, Russkan and and teal for walking in looking the most swag at the event.

Thanks erryone I had a blast haha

• Like 2

I'm not exactly sure of who were involved in organising this, so I'm sorry if I've missed out any names - thank you misfit, summer, erio and caldoran (you looked really tired!), I dunno how you guys pulled off a relatively big event, and staying on til the wee hours in the morning, but it was pretty awesome!

Special shoutout to the photographer and mm for helping out with all the techy stuff! And the casters, too! And a general thank you to those who made this happen, it was a pretty fun experience! I wish I could have lasted til 3 am, aha. Grats to 6kings! And thanks to my team, the homely hobos! (Thanks for lending me your mousepad, bait)

Edited by hedwig
  • Like 1

#6KINGS4EVA

Thanks to everyone that came down and all the teams that participated which made this lan possible.

gg to coy, sharkbait and homely hobos.

MVP...

1) js

2) bio

3) ry4n4carry

sorry to the guy that leaned on my chair and i totally shouted at you but please la ah, not say i wanna say you.

• Like 1

sorry to the guy that leaned on my chair and i totally shouted at you but please la ah, not say i wanna say you.

hahahaha omg