welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
erio

Instructions for participants in AFLAN.SG

pt8rUWC.jpg

Hello AFLAN.SG 6v6 and MGE participants,

Here is a link to the instructions you will need to follow on the day. This information will also be printed and pasted on all participating computers for your reference.

We recommend you to familiarize yourself with these instructions before the day itself so you can clarify any doubts and questions you may have.

Feel free to post your concerns and queries in this thread.

Thanks and see you at LAN!

why are we forced to use a fixed hud for mge

Hi Morgan.

Since there will be a considerably higher amount of player changing on the MGE computers, as well as the fact that the players who are participating in the MGE side-event may not be participating in the 6v6 matches and thus have not submitted their cfg and HUD, we have decided to set BlackHUD  as the HUD that all participants will be using to save time and place all participants on roughly even grounds customization-wise.

I apologize if there is any inconvenience caused, and hope you will understand the reasons behind the decision made.

Thanks.

YAY BLACKHUD! But what about the hud customizations for blackhud?

Hi blurr, the version of BlackHUD used will be as it is when downloaded (i.e. no modifications). I apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment.

im confused to why we are not using a more general hud like PV which more people will be comfortable with. additionally this will cause confusion for those participating in 6s as they will constantly have to keep switching huds.

im confused to why we are not using a more general hud like PV which more people will be comfortable with. additionally this will cause confusion for those participating in 6s as they will constantly have to keep switching huds.

Hi Morgan, I understand your concern as to the confusion that having a fixed HUD will cause.

However, we came to the decision to use Bob's BlackHUD because, as Summer said, it is made by someone from our very own community and it has been getting a very positive reception on TeamFortress.TV, to say the least. We personally believe it has a relatively straightforward and minimal aesthetic, and the difficulty to adapt to it shouldn't be too difficult or painful for most people.

I once again apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for airing your concerns.

See you at LAN!