This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
DaLoneHuggable

Acceptance & Understanding of (New) Puggers

We're not asking for tips, coaching of any sort from you guys, but there's a fine line between constructive criticism and repetitive verbal harassment and unnecessary comments. We have a term for that: bullying. I do not have any right to label anyone a bully, but we 'new' puggers ask only for so little. 

By coming here and whining like a little kid what have you achieved? 

• Like 1

much attitude

so cry

such angry

wow

ironically you're talking about people's attitude when you've got one yourself when you lose in mge.

I started out pubbing, my dm slowly improving the more I played. Soon, I met some people who were willing to be my personal medics in pubs. Pubs can be extremely fun (orange,goldrush,dustbowl - to name a few of my personal favorites) if you're playing with friends. You don't get judged by other players, considering if you're on par with their skill level. Everyone there just does their own things.

PS: with a medic, you can thrash everyone :D,

Take this opportunity to build up your aim and dm, and when I transitioned into pugging, I just needed game sense, which I slowly built up by watching videos of invite level players, going onto jump servers to improve my jumping (so that my roll outs would improve ). If I say so myself, constantly jumping in jump servers can help your rollout tremendously (you won't be jumping vertically 24/7 and you will learn the art of strafing). Playing MGE can help somewhat, I guess you would be able to get the timing of the rockets, stickies, or when the enemy is going to fire at you down, which can improve your prediction.

A good mouse, mousepad,keyboard and faster FPS can help too. :> Can't really help you in this section, because I have 0 IT knowledge (you can try asking blurr, I'm sure he'll be more than willing to help).

JUST KEEP PLAYING AND PLAYING AND PLAYING. Teejay already has 5.2k hours!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Some of the players considered new like ketiak, sumo, hedwig, wish, dream, omega, bokonon, gilga, fanzone, floaty, cyrus, digitaliron to name a few. These players aren't good

wow

fuck u 2

I started out pubbing, my dm slowly improving the more I played. Soon, I met some people who were willing to be my personal medics in pubs. Pubs can be extremely fun (orange,goldrush,dustbowl - to name a few of my personal favorites) if you're playing with friends. You don't get judged by other players, considering if you're on par with their skill level. Everyone there just does their own things.

PS: with a medic, you can thrash everyone :D,

Take this opportunity to build up your aim and dm, and when I transitioned into pugging, I just needed game sense, which I slowly built up by watching videos of invite level players, going onto jump servers to improve my jumping (so that my roll outs would improve ). If I say so myself, constantly jumping in jump servers can help your rollout tremendously (you won't be jumping vertically 24/7 and you will learn the art of strafing). Playing MGE can help somewhat, I guess you would be able to get the timing of the rockets, stickies, or when the enemy is going to fire at you down, which can improve your prediction.

A good mouse, mousepad,keyboard and faster FPS can help too. :> Can't really help you in this section, because I have 0 IT knowledge (you can try asking blurr, I'm sure he'll be more than willing to help).

JUST KEEP PLAYING AND PLAYING AND PLAYING. Teejay already has 5.2k hours!!!!!!!!!!

mels da best.

Or maybe read the guide I made last year? It applies to all players for any competitive game out there really.

Also, for your information, you are absolutely right. There are some real turds out there in the AFL pug servers, both in the regulars and veteran groups, just ignore these fools you run across. Just keep improving yourself until you're at a competent level. Then you do what I do ie. kick their asses until they cry or gossip about you or ragequit.

Good luck.

• Like 2

Except in the analogy of slavery, the equivalent of "don't join the server" is not living. Good interpretation.

I find it hard to take seriously, people who allow their happiness, satisfaction and personal growth to be hinged on other people's performance.

What I find at once idiotic and ironic at the same time is, the analogy of slavery was introduced to such a thread, and that an Indian is trying to explain it.

An Indian explaining slavery is perhaps the biggest irony, since 70 years after independence, the caste system is still so prevalent in the entire country. Oh wait, Fuzz is from Goa, hippie Indian.  :lol:

• Like 2

i got a better idea

how about we all meet at aflan

and then fight to the death

whoever wins gets to decide the rules for asiafortress pugs

we can settle this once and for all!!!

• Like 1

hmmmm i don't quite see that as often. Some of the players considered new like ketiak, sumo, hedwig, wish, dream, omega, bokonon, gilga, fanzone, floaty, cyrus, digitaliron to name a few. These players aren't good, but from what I see they have been showing notable commitment and improvement. When I see them in pugs nobody heckles them.  These are the players that new players should be more like.

:D  :D  :D

ZW4URhG.png

(sorry guys nothing to add that hasn't already been said for now)

(I've already made a post regarding a similar issue here)

I only came for this, cause this. 

Frosty quoted me so I feel the need to give him credit where credit is due.

Excellent selection of a spot on quotation.

You might not have improved your tf2 game but your quote selection is premier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, since OP started with walls of text I shall show an equal respect and reply with wall of texts and lay off on my cute images.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I do not think it is possible for a forum plea to transform veteran players into carebears who will gladly carry your penis on a silver platter.

I wouldn't.

And I'm not even a veteran.

I'm not saying you are asking me to carry your penis on a silver platter.

I just like the image so I am using it.

From your perspective, it seems mean for people to be commenting on how much you suck.

You might not suck, or you might really really suck.

Sometimes you do so from a straw, other times from a penis.

On occasion you don't suck anything.

However, from other players' perspectives, you are being mean to them by being a perpetual burden.

Everyone starts off as a burden but everyone improves in due time.

Some were treated poorly, some were treated nicely.

Some people improve faster when treated nicely because they like their ego stroked.

Some people improve faster when treated poorly because they feel the drive to prove everybody wrong.

Different people, different approach.

If you are one of those guys that needs the harsh truth, me being nice to you when you actually suck donkey balls is doing you a great disservice and is detrimental to your improvement!

On the other hand, I don't think other people should really give a shit about what approach works for you.

I think everyone should have the right to express whatever they feel like expressing, without worrying about the image the community gives off as a whole, a half, a quarter, or a penis.

The community's image is for the representatives of AFL to maintain.

They are the figureheads, and they need to act a certain way because they are the admins in charge of running abcdefg and the welfare of penis1 penis2 and penis3.

Players on the other hand have the freedom to act however they like.

Honestly, who the hell is going to dictate how I am going to act.

The admins?

As long as I don't break the AF rules in servers, no admin can tell me how to act.

I can be a douchebag and talk about penises all day if I want.

You can love me or hate me. I don't give a fuck.

Some people are "nice" and love to suck on newbie penises.

Some people are regular people and say it as it is.

My point is, different people different perspectives different approaches different penises different lengths different feelings in vagilas.

Aint nobody got time to care about your feelings, my feelings, your penis, my penis.

Oh wait, the fact that you posted so many walls of texts regarding your feelings and how you deserve to be respected means you actually spent a significant amount of your time caring about your feelings and penis.

Hrm. My advice to you. Stop feeling and start thinking.

THINK about what you can do to stop all this rage coming your way.

If you are the type that gets your feelings hurt because veterans stomped all over your penis and its all bruised, then put it in a cast and resume play with new thick foreskin.

If you are the type that loves the veteran rage and uses all the criticism to rub even harder, then channel all the energy and cumshot their face with your superb aim and game sense when you eventually get there.

The more important question is... 

Do you love to play 6v6 tf2?

If you do, then you will endure everything and anything to improve as fast as you can and prove yourself to everybody that you aren't a burden because really, this community is the ONLY place you are going to get day to day 6v6 pugs regularly.

Those who aren't able to do that, simply end up as one of those people who sucked so hard but couldn't make it come.

"Oh afl is so horrigible they all scold me i am new but they no help they just scold and scold my penis is in pain i cannot get it hard anymore because so many bruise i think if they stomp one more time it is going to snap into two and become two halves of one penis omg i cant take it anymore i am so sad they are so mean omg omg omg nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I GO PLAY CS GO ITS SO GOOD MY PENIS RECOVERS THERE!"

How you deal with rage is up to you.

You can complain on the forum about it, but there is NOTHING you can say or do to stop "malicious" and "vitriol" comments made about your suckiness because you really are sucky.

I feel that while you have the right to be sucky, I should also have the right to tell you how sucky you are because your suckiness translates to my team suckiness and sometimes when both teams are equally sucky then the pug is entirely sucky.

So stop sucking.

Some earlier posts actually give advice on where to seek help, what guides to read, which invite games to watch and which penises to suck.

goya-saturn-devouring-his-children-11-20

Your improvement is your own responsibility.

We live in a dark world.

No one is truly nice, so don't expect niceties from an online community.

I personally find the "nice" people the most phony of them all.

Good Luck DLH, hopefully in time you will be able to cumshot every veteran with your insane aim and game sense as the new div 1 penis stroker.

Till then, don't suck so much la.

I root for all newbies also I also newbie i start last year december only i also very noob penis kena stomp until in half but its ok I play with a half penis now.

- Az

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 3

Frosty quoted me so I feel the need to give him credit where credit is due.

Excellent selection of a spot on quotation.

You might not have improved your tf2 game but your quote selection is premier.

Also, since OP started with walls of text I shall show an equal respect and reply with wall of texts and lay off on my cute images.

Personally, I do not think it is possible for a forum plea to transform veteran players into carebears who will gladly carry your penis on a silver platter.

I wouldn't.

And I'm not even a veteran.

I'm not saying you are asking me to carry your penis on a silver platter.

I just like the image so I am using it.

From your perspective, it seems mean for people to be commenting on how much you suck.

You might not suck, or you might really really suck.

Sometimes you do so from a straw, other times from a penis.

On occasion you don't suck anything.

However, from other players' perspectives, you are being mean to them by being a perpetual burden.

Everyone starts off as a burden but everyone improves in due time.

Some were treated poorly, some were treated nicely.

Some people improve faster when treated nicely because they like their ego stroked.

Some people improve faster when treated poorly because they feel the drive to prove everybody wrong.

Different people, different approach.

If you are one of those guys that needs the harsh truth, me being nice to you when you actually suck donkey balls is doing you a great disservice and is detrimental to your improvement!

On the other hand, I don't think other people should really give a shit about what approach works for you.

I think everyone should have the right to express whatever they feel like expressing, without worrying about the image the community gives off as a whole, a half, a quarter, or a penis.

The community's image is for the representatives of AFL to maintain.

They are the figureheads, and they need to act a certain way because they are the admins in charge of running abcdefg and the welfare of penis1 penis2 and penis3.

Players on the other hand have the freedom to act however they like.

Honestly, who the hell is going to dictate how I am going to act.

The admins?

As long as I don't break the AF rules in servers, no admin can tell me how to act.

I can be a douchebag and talk about penises all day if I want.

You can love me or hate me. I don't give a fuck.

Some people are "nice" and love to suck on newbie penises.

Some people are regular people and say it as it is.

My point is, different people different perspectives different approaches different penises different lengths different feelings in vagilas.

Aint nobody got time to care about your feelings, my feelings, your penis, my penis.

Oh wait, the fact that you posted so many walls of texts regarding your feelings and how you deserve to be respected means you actually spent a significant amount of your time caring about your feelings and penis.

Hrm. My advice to you. Stop feeling and start thinking.

THINK about what you can do to stop all this rage coming your way.

If you are the type that gets your feelings hurt because veterans stomped all over your penis and its all bruised, then put it in a cast and resume play with new thick foreskin.

If you are the type that loves the veteran rage and uses all the criticism to rub even harder, then channel all the energy and cumshot their face with your superb aim and game sense when you eventually get there.

The more important question is... 

Do you love to play 6v6 tf2?

If you do, then you will endure everything and anything to improve as fast as you can and prove yourself to everybody that you aren't a burden because really, this community is the ONLY place you are going to get day to day 6v6 pugs regularly.

Those who aren't able to do that, simply end up as one of those people who sucked so hard but couldn't make it come.

"Oh afl is so horrigible they all scold me i am new but they no help they just scold and scold my penis is in pain i cannot get it hard anymore because so many bruise i think if they stomp one more time it is going to snap into two and become two halves of one penis omg i cant take it anymore i am so sad they are so mean omg omg omg nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I GO PLAY CS GO ITS SO GOOD MY PENIS RECOVERS THERE!"

How you deal with rage is up to you.

You can complain on the forum about it, but there is NOTHING you can say or do to stop "malicious" and "vitriol" comments made about your suckiness because you really are sucky.

I feel that while you have the right to be sucky, I should also have the right to tell you how sucky you are because your suckiness translates to my team suckiness and sometimes when both teams are equally sucky then the pug is entirely sucky.

So stop sucking.

Some earlier posts actually give advice on where to seek help, what guides to read, which invite games to watch and which penises to suck.

goya-saturn-devouring-his-children-11-20

Your improvement is your own responsibility.

We live in a dark world.

No one is truly nice, so don't expect niceties from an online community.

I personally find the "nice" people the most phony of them all.

Good Luck DLH, hopefully in time you will be able to cumshot every veteran with your insane aim and game sense as the new div 1 penis stroker.

Till then, don't suck so much la.

I root for all newbies also I also newbie i start last year december only i also very noob penis kena stomp until in half but its ok I play with a half penis now.

- Az

what the fk did i just read

• Like 2

‘You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day’

Reading people’s reply emptied my daily quota of likes on the posts

Sorry for generating such a wall but I see the need to clarify the misunderstood concept of veterans having a much less harsh environment than people have nowadays.

In response, to your response:

“Teddy then asked me: 'dlh what you doing whole match' which I promptly ignored”

From this scenario, we can just know that how arrogant you are. Your partner is asking about your conditions. And you simply ignored it. What in the actual ****? So are you expecting people to give guides and advice to people (or machines) that are not even responding? People don’t do stuff without a reason. As simple as that. They see you doing something which is bad->ask you wt u do->no response from YOU->think you aren’t correcting yourself->keep asking you->still no response->wtf am I talking to a wall

"Spoonfeed us? In what way have you guys spoon fed us anything???"

"The world is completely different from the world it was a few years back, I'm pretty sure it'd be less harsh than it is today."

Dude, seriously, are you a kid of those mid-to-high income level where your parents nicely set up everything for you like which school to go to or getting all the clothes you need or simply cooking all the meal you eat? If no, HOW CAN YOU SEE US NOT SPOONFEEDING YOU? I don’t really understand your point of view. You are such a self-centred kid who thinks YOU should be treated well no matter what. The world is completely different from the world it was a few years back? You witnessed that? IF YOU HAVE ****ING WITNESSED IT YOU SURE WON’T BE ****ING TYPING THIS POST I TELL YOU WHAT.

I will now tell you my story, a sort of success story.

I, haluuuuu, was introduced to this game called TF2 in summer 2008. I was attracted by the fancy graphics as well as the fun game modes of the game and I decided to start playing this game. At first I was just playing in a pub server (at that time I didn’t even know there’s anything besides pub), having fun killing people. One day I saw my friend playing in a passworded server, so of course I asked what he was playing and if I could play. But, the answer was no. He explained that it was a competitive game and to add to that I was told to get at least 100 hours of playing in a certain class first before even trying. Knowing nothing other than ‘pub’. I searched on google (or yahoo I can’t remember lolfkthis) ‘comp tf2’, and I got a lot of articles and stuff talking about it. And then I clicked on a youtube video of some LAN matches in ESEA. And wow. I was stunned. I was completely stunned. WHAT THE **** IS THIS FAST PACED INTERESTED MIND BLOWING SHIT!!!!!!!!! The idea of ‘I should really play in this game mode’ struck my head in the next second. And then I started to think, what should I do so that I can play in this game mode? Ah, get at least 100 hours of playing in a certain class. And I did. I got 150 hours in medic before asking my friend again to introduce me to the pug.

As you have expected, my first pug didn’t go well. And I was called ‘a ****ing moron’ because I walked to the opposite direction of my pocket. ‘Can you just ****ing follow’ was the thing I keep hearing throughout the match. For the first time I heard such sentence, I thought, ‘what how to follow you I need to heal people there are so far I need to reach them.’ Then I got scolded for the second and third time. And I started to think, ‘If he keeps asking me to follow him, he must have a reason. So let’s try.’ And I started to follow him more and healing other team mates less. Turned out it was a huge success and we stomped the other team. From that, I experienced glory. My pocket sort of complimented me for having good potential after the match, even though he was scolding mothers and animals throughout the match. At this point, I just felt that my way to the top tier comp TF2 games would be smooth and effortless.

No.

A few days later I was completely looked down by these guys, even my friend, for being a medic who couldn’t walk properly, or press Mouse2 properly. My heal orders are shit. My positioning is shit. My everything is shit. And I was feeling extremely down. I just keep thinking ‘can you stop ****ing calling me shit I’m not that bad’. I kept this attitude for a few days and played pugs and of course, things were getting deteriorating. So I started reflecting on my own actions, and the conclusion I drew is that: I really ****ing need to improve myself. So I started searching for tutorials, but just screw this. Couldn’t even find a guide like ‘Comp TF2 101’. So I started asking. Ask this, ask that. What should I do at this situation? How do I side rocket jump? At first people are quite willing to answer your questions, but when the frequency gets higher, they start to ignore you. I was kicked for being too annoying and being kicked again trying to join back.

At the moment when I started to feel helpless, I got introduced to the SG scene of comp TF2 (oh wow there’s a thing called Asiafortress I didn’t even know). And I started to pug in the sg servers. And I experienced harsher treatments here than in my own Hongkie servers. But guess what, just screw this. I got scolded a lot in HK servers already, why should I be afraid of them? So I started striving my best to improve.

At that time, there was no rolling mod in the servers. All you do is to wait till 12 players join, spec, last two become scouts and melee fight. Winner gets to pick first. I didn’t get pick most of the time when the server had more than 12 people. When I finally got picked, I was forced to be medic. EVERY ****ING TIME. But I endured such pain and boredom. And I made use of these times playing medic to execute my thoughts and practice my skills, even though it’s just 30 minutes AT MOST every day. When pugs died, I switched to pub servers to practice my dm. THERE’S NO ****ING MGE THAT TIME. All I can do is to practice a lot in pub servers. And use my imagination. Imagine the situations I might have to deal with, how I should react to that, what are the consequences, etc.

Time flies and I acquired a higher skill level and finally I got recognized by a few regular puggers. And I was invited to a team to play the AFL2. Things started out quite good but then after a few months I just got kicked out because of no reason. I asked a closer friend of mine who was also in this team but he just ignored. So it boiled down that the only reason should be because I really suck balls. Well, I just let it go. And at the same time I play in pugs to try improving myself. And at the next season of AFL, I formed a team with people of around my skill level and joined the league. We played a lot of practice scrims yet we kept losing. And we lost the first round in the league but we practiced hard after that and we joined the next league and we got better results. We all feel happy about this. We feel happy about the improvement we have. But then, members have real life issues to deal with, and we have to disband. And at this times, I had become the better patch of players in the community. Yet, I am still being trashed and destroyed by the real div1 players at that time, namely the [slp] guys. So, my goal of playing this game has changed to ‘be able to play with these good guys, being equally good or better than them.’ I asked to spectate their scrims, and I try to learn their playstyle and understand their moves. But it’s so hard that I gave up after a few tries, and I headed back to pugging.

---------------FAST FORWARDING------------

Then, chances came and I get to hang along with the strongest clan in SG, Allstars, and I joined them as the ‘ultimate sub’. Yes, sub. And since the team had around 12 members my chance of subbing is actually 0.00000001%. But screw this, I’ll just hang out with them and see if I can learn from them. I get to hear the comms during scrims and now I have better understanding of how the game actually works. Finally I got the chance to play with the team, and instantly I realized how bad I really am. And that just motivated me to get better, after realizing there is so much to learn. I started to look for demos from ESEA top players, watch shitloads of videos on youtube to learn, etc. And I play a lot of mge. I started out a ****ing noob getting 0-20 by everyone. But I slowly stepped up. And I keep playing with tharnos pinkie summer,etc. I tried to copy their playstyle. I learn the good from them while finding my bad. To improve my gamesense, I do a lot of imagination. As now I encountered more situations, I can have a lot more to imagine and a lot more results to come up with. And then there’s the rise of the Asiafortress website, where spammah and r3sty posted the first few guides to comp TF2. I read them, and I found them inspiring. Then, I played in a lot of mix scrims to put these things in practice. Thanks to these guides I can feel my improvement, and I just feel like stepping into a whole new level of gameplay. Yet, I am still not good enough to play with Allstars. So I resorted back to pugs. And I became a pug-mge addict, spending at least 3 hours playing this game every day, despite having public exams and stuff. The craziest period I reached up to 140 hours of playtime for the past 2 weeks on steam.

I didn’t give up. I keep on improving myself. Even they call me shit or Hongkie Siewmai gay, I didn’t give up. And after around 2 years, I finally became sort of a regular player in the team. IT’S ****ING 2 YEARS BRO, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WHEN YOU ONLY STARTED A FEW MONTHS. Now I became one of the more known players, and I spent me almost ****ing 4 years to acheive this. (P.S. I have been using the mildest tone I can as I am trying to refrain myself from mentioning these horrible experience again.)

Shits been really long and here’s the thing to conclude. Back in the days, we don’t have the guides you have now. We don’t have a nicely set up server. We don’t have a nicely designed website. We don’t have the nice guys that you rarely find nowadays. WE DON’T EVEN HAVE A METHOD TO VOICE OUT OUR THOUGHTS. So learn to appreciate ignorant kid. We got the guides nicely written for you. We got the server nicely set up for you to enhance rolling and picking efficiency. We have this forum to let you whine about how you are treated. IN WHAT WAY WE SPOON FED YOU ANYTHING? HERE ARE ALL THE ****ING THINGS WE SPOON FED YOU. ‘The world is completely different from the world it was a few years back, I'm pretty sure it'd be less harsh than it is today’? You got kicked consecutively 5 times trying to rejoin the server? You got spammed in steam message ‘your mom sucks’ because you dropped uber? Sorry if your fragile self-esteem breaks when people criticized you in a comparatively mild way than I do.

"just that it COULD be a part of improvement instead of just criticising us with absolutely no factor of improvement in mind."

I don’t really see people’s criticism as ONLY criticism without suggestions. Take this example ‘can you stop ****ing dying’. I believe this sentence is the most seen one in daily pugs and matches. For now, I just have a feeling that you are focusing the word “****ing” instead of comprehending the sentence as a whole. What the important message this sentence is trying to bring is that YOU ARE ****ING DYING A LOT. Or else why would we ask you to STOP DYING. Get it? I know there are people who use animal jokes and mom jokes but, once again, they don’t scold you for no reason. Maybe it’s time to THINK about yourself, REFLECT on what you HAVE DONE which led to such criticism?

Man, get your attitudes right first. When you join this game, we DON’T have the RESPONSIBILITY to teach you. Everything should be done BY YOURSELF for the betterment of yourself. Be lucky you have this shit load of guides you can refer to. I didn’t even have a clue what to do when I started out. Dafuq is rollout? Dafuq is backcap? Dafuq is midfight? Dafuq is uber advantage?

A few months ago I saw you coming to pug for quite a high frequency. Then you stopped for a while, and then came back a few weeks ago. And when I spec you I think that your dm got better, and you have a better clue of what you are doing and what you need to do. But then, where are you now? I just don’t see you playing in the server. And even if you play, it’s just 1 to 2 pugs. At least play like me if you really want to improve. Not saying you should play 6 hours per session like me, but at least play more pugs. You aren’t even utilizing the resources you have now, what are you expecting then? Also, be a more patient person please (even though I know it’s hard to ask a kid like you to do, but just try). It’s not that you say you want to improve and you will improve. It needs time. It’s a ****ing process. Improve yourself and you will see a totally different world. 

P.S.

I will show u an example of how the veteran circle works, from the infamous ‘rolling to specs in pug’ thread (http://asiafortress.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3183-rolling-to-spec-in-pugs/page-2)

“let me give u guys an example happened few days ago

And and I(its not typo, im referring to my fellow Hongkie team mate And), happened to be in a pug in the afternoon/evening time, were playing badlands tgt with a well-known veteran k1infran. we 3 and Unker teejay happened to be picked in the same team and after the picking process, we all got our classes settled except for mr k1. as u all know, hes a beast scout so hes not so adapted to the class Pocket Soldier. AS the pug proceeded, he changed from the pocket soldier role to a pocket sniper, which of coz was doing absolutely nothing (i doubt if he did damage at mid)

so at first we were all letting him be, but then we were starting to lose and shit, we started to throw out biting remarks on mr k1, hoping he'd do sth normal. yet hes totally ignoring them, and since Unker teejay and the other team mates started complaining, so me and And decided to have mr k1 kicked, and he didnt joined back the server after being kicked so i presume he knew what shit he had done which caused the kicking

i'll put u thru my perspectives of an admin:

1. on one hand i dont wanna kick mr k1 coz hes my frd

-i know he comes to pug to relax as the pug is of lower level

-hes feeling bored because there are some new players on the other team/simply the team we r on is pretty stacked

-he has confidence in his aim and believed he can perform as well as he is a soldier as a sniper

2. on the other hand i need to kick him coz

-hes burdening my team

-ignoring our suggestions

-setting a bad example for the newbies

HOW TO BE ADMIN?

but in the end, I have And to do the kick process, so that we can ADMINISTRATE the situation and it wont harm my friendship with mr k1 that much(hopefully)

VETERAN being KICKED due to OFFCLASSING, fk double standards guys

ps. sorry mr k1 if u r reading this, we all still love u <3

but if u happened to be taking a few mentees pls (at least) be a role model urself IMO

AND PLEASE LET THE OFFCLASSING SHIT STOP KTHXBAI”

I got removed from mr. k1's friend list. But now shit is settled and we are as close as back then. U think shit doesn’t happen among us? No you are just wrong. (PRESS CTRL+A TO SEE THE FULL SENTENCE)

And last thing:

1NaDARa.jpg

Edited by haluuuuu
  • Like 3

‘You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day’

Reading people’s reply emptied my daily quota of likes on the posts

Sorry for generating such a wall but I see the need to clarify the misunderstood concept of veterans having a much less harsh environment than people have nowadays.

In response, to your response:

“Teddy then asked me: 'dlh what you doing whole match' which I promptly ignored”

From this scenario, we can just know that how arrogant you are. Your partner is asking about your conditions. And you simply ignored it. What in the actual ****? So are you expecting people to give guides and advice to people (or machines) that are not even responding? People don’t do stuff without a reason. As simple as that. They see you doing something which is bad->ask you wt u do->no response from YOU->think you aren’t correcting yourself->keep asking you->still no response->wtf am I talking to a wall

"Spoonfeed us? In what way have you guys spoon fed us anything???"

"The world is completely different from the world it was a few years back, I'm pretty sure it'd be less harsh than it is today."

Dude, seriously, are you a kid of those mid-to-high income level where your parents nicely set up everything for you like which school to go to or getting all the clothes you need or simply cooking all the meal you eat? If no, HOW CAN YOU SEE US NOT SPOONFEEDING YOU? I don’t really understand your point of view. You are such a self-centred kid who thinks YOU should be treated well no matter what. The world is completely different from the world it was a few years back? You witnessed that? IF YOU HAVE ****ING WITNESSED IT YOU SURE WON’T BE ****ING TYPING THIS POST I TELL YOU WHAT.

I will now tell you my story, a sort of success story.

I, haluuuuu, was introduced to this game called TF2 in summer 2008. I was attracted by the fancy graphics as well as the fun game modes of the game and I decided to start playing this game. At first I was just playing in a pub server (at that time I didn’t even know there’s anything besides pub), having fun killing people. One day I saw my friend playing in a passworded server, so of course I asked what he was playing and if I could play. But, the answer was no. He explained that it was a competitive game and to add to that I was told to get at least 100 hours of playing in a certain class first before even trying. Knowing nothing other than ‘pub’. I searched on google (or yahoo I can’t remember lolfkthis) ‘comp tf2’, and I got a lot of articles and stuff talking about it. And then I clicked on a youtube video of some LAN matches in ESEA. And wow. I was stunned. I was completely stunned. WHAT THE **** IS THIS FAST PACED INTERESTED MIND BLOWING SHIT!!!!!!!!! The idea of ‘I should really play in this game mode’ struck my head in the next second. And then I started to think, what should I do so that I can play in this game mode? Ah, get at least 100 hours of playing in a certain class. And I did. I got 150 hours in medic before asking my friend again to introduce me to the pug.

As you have expected, my first pug didn’t go well. And I was called ‘a ****ing moron’ because I walked to the opposite direction of my pocket. ‘Can you just ****ing follow’ was the thing I keep hearing throughout the match. For the first time I heard such sentence, I thought, ‘what how to follow you I need to heal people there are so far I need to reach them.’ Then I got scolded for the second and third time. And I started to think, ‘If he keeps asking me to follow him, he must have a reason. So let’s try.’ And I started to follow him more and healing other team mates less. Turned out it was a huge success and we stomped the other team. From that, I experienced glory. My pocket sort of complimented me for having good potential after the match, even though he was scolding mothers and animals throughout the match. At this point, I just felt that my way to the top tier comp TF2 games would be smooth and effortless.

No.

A few days later I was completely looked down by these guys, even my friend, for being a medic who couldn’t walk properly, or press Mouse2 properly. My heal orders are shit. My positioning is shit. My everything is shit. And I was feeling extremely down. I just keep thinking ‘can you stop ****ing calling me shit I’m not that bad’. I kept this attitude for a few days and played pugs and of course, things were getting deteriorating. So I started reflecting on my own actions, and the conclusion I drew is that: I really ****ing need to improve myself. So I started searching for tutorials, but just screw this. Couldn’t even find a guide like ‘Comp TF2 101’. So I started asking. Ask this, ask that. What should I do at this situation? How do I side rocket jump? At first people are quite willing to answer your questions, but when the frequency gets higher, they start to ignore you. I was kicked for being too annoying and being kicked again trying to join back.

At the moment when I started to feel helpless, I got introduced to the SG scene of comp TF2 (oh wow there’s a thing called Asiafortress I didn’t even know). And I started to pug in the sg servers. And I experienced harsher treatments here than in my own Hongkie servers. But guess what, just screw this. I got scolded a lot in HK servers already, why should I be afraid of them? So I started striving my best to improve.

At that time, there was no rolling mod in the servers. All you do is to wait till 12 players join, spec, last two become scouts and melee fight. Winner gets to pick first. I didn’t get pick most of the time when the server had more than 12 people. When I finally got picked, I was forced to be medic. EVERY ****ING TIME. But I endured such pain and boredom. And I made use of these times playing medic to execute my thoughts and practice my skills, even though it’s just 30 minutes AT MOST every day. When pugs died, I switched to pub servers to practice my dm. THERE’S NO ****ING MGE THAT TIME. All I can do is to practice a lot in pub servers. And use my imagination. Imagine the situations I might have to deal with, how I should react to that, what are the consequences, etc.

Time flies and I acquired a higher skill level and finally I got recognized by a few regular puggers. And I was invited to a team to play the AFL2. Things started out quite good but then after a few months I just got kicked out because of no reason. I asked a closer friend of mine who was also in this team but he just ignored. So it boiled down that the only reason should be because I really suck balls. Well, I just let it go. And at the same time I play in pugs to try improving myself. And at the next season of AFL, I formed a team with people of around my skill level and joined the league. We played a lot of practice scrims yet we kept losing. And we lost the first round in the league but we practiced hard after that and we joined the next league and we got better results. We all feel happy about this. We feel happy about the improvement we have. But then, members have real life issues to deal with, and we have to disband. And at this times, I had become the better patch of players in the community. Yet, I am still being trashed and destroyed by the real div1 players at that time, namely the [slp] guys. So, my goal of playing this game has changed to ‘be able to play with these good guys, being equally good or better than them.’ I asked to spectate their scrims, and I try to learn their playstyle and understand their moves. But it’s so hard that I gave up after a few tries, and I headed back to pugging.

---------------FAST FORWARDING------------

Then, chances came and I get to hang along with the strongest clan in SG, Allstars, and I joined them as the ‘ultimate sub’. Yes, sub. And since the team had around 12 members my chance of subbing is actually 0.00000001%. But screw this, I’ll just hang out with them and see if I can learn from them. I get to hear the comms during scrims and now I have better understanding of how the game actually works. Finally I got the chance to play with the team, and instantly I realized how bad I really am. And that just motivated me to get better, after realizing there is so much to learn. I started to look for demos from ESEA top players, watch shitloads of videos on youtube to learn, etc. And I play a lot of mge. I started out a ****ing noob getting 0-20 by everyone. But I slowly stepped up. And I keep playing with tharnos pinkie summer,etc. I tried to copy their playstyle. I learn the good from them while finding my bad. To improve my gamesense, I do a lot of imagination. As now I encountered more situations, I can have a lot more to imagine and a lot more results to come up with. And then there’s the rise of the Asiafortress website, where spammah and r3sty posted the first few guides to comp TF2. I read them, and I found them inspiring. Then, I played in a lot of mix scrims to put these things in practice. Thanks to these guides I can feel my improvement, and I just feel like stepping into a whole new level of gameplay. Yet, I am still not good enough to play with Allstars. So I resorted back to pugs. And I became a pug-mge addict, spending at least 3 hours playing this game every day, despite having public exams and stuff. The craziest period I reached up to 140 hours of playtime for the past 2 weeks on steam.

I didn’t give up. I keep on improving myself. Even they call me shit or Hongkie Siewmai gay, I didn’t give up. And after around 2 years, I finally became sort of a regular player in the team. IT’S ****ING 2 YEARS BRO, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WHEN YOU ONLY STARTED A FEW MONTHS. Now I became one of the more known players, and I spent me almost ****ing 4 years to acheive this. (P.S. I have been using the mildest tone I can as I am trying to refrain myself from mentioning these horrible experience again.)

Shits been really long and here’s the thing to conclude. Back in the days, we don’t have the guides you have now. We don’t have a nicely set up server. We don’t have a nicely designed website. We don’t have the nice guys that you rarely find nowadays. WE DON’T EVEN HAVE A METHOD TO VOICE OUT OUR THOUGHTS. So learn to appreciate ignorant kid. We got the guides nicely written for you. We got the server nicely set up for you to enhance rolling and picking efficiency. We have this forum to let you whine about how you are treated. IN WHAT WAY WE SPOON FED YOU ANYTHING? HERE ARE ALL THE ****ING THINGS WE SPOON FED YOU. ‘The world is completely different from the world it was a few years back, I'm pretty sure it'd be less harsh than it is today’? You got kicked consecutively 5 times trying to rejoin the server? You got spammed in steam message ‘your mom sucks’ because you dropped uber? Sorry if your fragile self-esteem breaks when people criticized you in a comparatively mild way than I do.

"just that it COULD be a part of improvement instead of just criticising us with absolutely no factor of improvement in mind."

I don’t really see people’s criticism as ONLY criticism without suggestions. Take this example ‘can you stop ****ing dying’. I believe this sentence is the most seen one in daily pugs and matches. For now, I just have a feeling that you are focusing the word “****ing” instead of comprehending the sentence as a whole. What the important message this sentence is trying to bring is that YOU ARE ****ING DYING A LOT. Or else why would we ask you to STOP DYING. Get it? I know there are people who use animal jokes and mom jokes but, once again, they don’t scold you for no reason. Maybe it’s time to THINK about yourself, REFLECT on what you HAVE DONE which led to such criticism?

Man, get your attitudes right first. When you join this game, we DON’T have the RESPONSIBILITY to teach you. Everything should be done BY YOURSELF for the betterment of yourself. Be lucky you have this shit load of guides you can refer to. I didn’t even have a clue what to do when I started out. Dafuq is rollout? Dafuq is backcap? Dafuq is midfight? Dafuq is uber advantage?

A few months ago I saw you coming to pug for quite a high frequency. Then you stopped for a while, and then came back a few weeks ago. And when I spec you I think that your dm got better, and you have a better clue of what you are doing and what you need to do. But then, where are you now? I just don’t see you playing in the server. And even if you play, it’s just 1 to 2 pugs. At least play like me if you really want to improve. Not saying you should play 6 hours per session like me, but at least play more pugs. You aren’t even utilizing the resources you have now, what are you expecting then? Also, be a more patient person please (even though I know it’s hard to ask a kid like you to do, but just try). It’s not that you say you want to improve and you will improve. It needs time. It’s a ****ing process. Improve yourself and you will see a totally different world.

P.S.

I will show u an example of how the veteran circle works, from the infamous ‘rolling to specs in pug’ thread (http://asiafortress.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3183-rolling-to-spec-in-pugs/page-2)

“let me give u guys an example happened few days ago

And and I(its not typo, im referring to my fellow Hongkie team mate And), happened to be in a pug in the afternoon/evening time, were playing badlands tgt with a well-known veteran k1infran. we 3 and Unker teejay happened to be picked in the same team and after the picking process, we all got our classes settled except for mr k1. as u all know, hes a beast scout so hes not so adapted to the class Pocket Soldier. AS the pug proceeded, he changed from the pocket soldier role to a pocket sniper, which of coz was doing absolutely nothing (i doubt if he did damage at mid)

so at first we were all letting him be, but then we were starting to lose and shit, we started to throw out biting remarks on mr k1, hoping he'd do sth normal. yet hes totally ignoring them, and since Unker teejay and the other team mates started complaining, so me and And decided to have mr k1 kicked, and he didnt joined back the server after being kicked so i presume he knew what shit he had done which caused the kicking

i'll put u thru my perspectives of an admin:

1. on one hand i dont wanna kick mr k1 coz hes my frd

-i know he comes to pug to relax as the pug is of lower level

-hes feeling bored because there are some new players on the other team/simply the team we r on is pretty stacked

-he has confidence in his aim and believed he can perform as well as he is a soldier as a sniper

2. on the other hand i need to kick him coz

-hes burdening my team

-ignoring our suggestions

-setting a bad example for the newbies

HOW TO BE ADMIN?

but in the end, I have And to do the kick process, so that we can ADMINISTRATE the situation and it wont harm my friendship with mr k1 that much(hopefully)

VETERAN being KICKED due to OFFCLASSING, fk double standards guys

ps. sorry mr k1 if u r reading this, we all still love u <3

but if u happened to be taking a few mentees pls (at least) be a role model urself IMO

AND PLEASE LET THE OFFCLASSING SHIT STOP KTHXBAI”

I got removed from mr. k1's friend list. But now shit is settled and we are as close as back then. U think shit doesn’t happen among us? No you are just wrong. (PRESS CTRL+A TO SEE THE FULL SENTENCE)

And last thing:

1NaDARa.jpg

phew after 10 mins. lol halu you have like 10 times of dlh's time in pugs. good story :D

Frosty,try not to quote walls of text ..especially since youre giving only a reply that is only a few sentences long

Edit: actually not just frosty, alot of u sia wtf quoting the whole wall of texts. I tot like alot of ppl write alot of points about their opinion rofl then actually just a few sentences or words

Edited by Bob
  • Like 1